I'm a hazard to myself.

Be still heart of mine.

I looked at the receipt with the number on the back while I sat on the couch in our living room. Mark next to me watching his favorite show on Netflix. Dr.Who. I looked at over at him, who was so into his show and I couldn’t help but smile and think. I want him more than her. Maybe this isn’t wrong like he said. Maybe its okay to like him.

“Mark?” I said questioning, his eyes still focused on Dr. Who.

“Yeah Kasi?” he said in a low tone. “Remember how I told you I like someone I don’t think it’s okay to like… Do you think trying things with this girl would help? Is it a good idea?” I said looking back down at the receipt waiting for a response.

“Well,” he said while pausing his show. “I think that depends on you. Do you think it will help? Do you think you like this guy a lot more than you let off? Or is it just maybe a crush? I mean how do you feel when you look at him or think of him?” he turned his head back to the t.v.

“I don’t know.” I said

 “Well, picture him in your mind and tell me what comes to mind.” Mark said. I looked over at him

“Happiness, I feel happiness and sometimes its so overwhelming. I get jealous, even though this person isn’t mine I can’t help but feel jealous all the time. I feel safe, I look at him..in his eyes and he doesn’t even have to look back. Just knowing he’s there I feel..safe. and mostly I feel confused.” I said not breaking contact with his face. Mark turned and looked at me and cocked his head.

“It sounds like you’ve got a serious case of ‘IN LOVE’ but, I should grab my stethoscope to be sure.” He got up and headed to his room coming back with a stethoscope.

“Seriously? How is this going to help?” I gave him a dumb look.

“Well, just think about her for a moment okay.” I did and he pressed the cold stethoscope against my shirt listening to my heart.

“Nope, sounds good. Now, think of me.”  He said.

“You! What why?” I said “I wanted to get a feel of how much you hate me. But….” He said looking away. But what? What did he want to say. “So uh, now think of the person you like…” and I didn’t have to his hand slipped a little and I could feel his fingers on my skin. I knew my heart was racing because I could hear it in my ears. I quickly shoved the stethoscope away trying to not let him notice. I don’t think he did.

“What was that for?” he said looking up at me. “I uh… I need to pee! Sorry.” I yelled running towards the bathroom and shutting the door while dropping to the ground.

“!” I whispered. “Eohttoke?” he didn’t notice right? No way or he would have said something or acted weird. I’m good..

 I stood up, flushed the toilet and walked back out. Smacking my head into the shelf on the wall, sending all of the DVDs on it flying to the ground and myself to the ground. I felt dizzy and every time I opened my eyes I saw stars. But, I reached for the DVDs to put them up anyway.

“Kasi, what did you break now?” Mark giggled from the living room. I laughed a little but, noticed my head felt really warm. I stood up slowly trying to keep my balance but my legs shook under me.

“Hey mark, I feel a little warm. I think I need to lay down. Can you pick these up for me please?” I asked sitting on the floor with a pile of dvds surrounding my legs. Mark came over and started picking up the pile of DVDs.

“Seriously Kasi, one day you are seriously going to hurt yourself.” He said while standing up to place them back on the shelf. *Drip* I felt something hit my leg. I whiped it off with my sleeve not paying any mind. My head throbbing with pain I felt in my face too. More drips fell.

“Mark, was there water or something up there. Something keeps dripping.”  I said looking up at him.

“No, that’s weird maybe theres a leak in the ceiling. I looked up and a red tiny stream rolled town onto the tip of my nose. “MARK.” I almost shouted. And he looked down at me. I touched my head with my hand and brought it down to my face. Blood. There was blood on my hand. Had I hit my head that hard!?

“Kasi!” Mark yelled and then darkness.