Chapter 3

High School Cinderella

Kris POV
He couldn't believe you didn't remember him. 'All I have to do now is get her to remember me and maybe things can go back to the way they were. The way things used to be before I left.'

Before he left for America you two were best friends but he never told you who he really was. To you he was the boy who would always be at the park when you wanted to talk, always made you laugh when you were feeling down, always made you feel like you were something more than just a bookworm. But in reality his dad was the owner of a huge multi-million dollar industry stationed in the US.

And he had to take over the company soon. Meaning he had to leave Korea, and you.

You didn't stop him you knew it was best for him and the company to go and do what he was meant to. But you didn't expect to be so hurt after you went to the park and didn't see him sitting on the swing holding two ice cream cones and looking up at you smiling.

You were heartbroken and he was too. But you didn't know that and decided it would be best to just forget him and act as if he was just another person when you knew he was way more than that.

But he never forgot you. He remembered your smile everyday. The laugh that got him through the hard times when he first got to America. He knew one day he would come back to you and make him yours once and for all.

"I only have one day before prom and I have the perfect idea." He said to himself as he sat in his bed on his laptop setting his plan in motion.

Your POV
It was a lonely Thursday night after school and you were tired. You got home and you had to clean up and finish your chores before you could actually rest.

When you sat in your bed and took a look at your laptop screen you saw a notification in your messenger box.

You clicked on it to find an anonymous message. It read
"Check your front door."

Slightly freaked out you first checked to make sure it was safe and your sprinklers for a good 6 minutes. Now you would be able to tell whether there was actually someone there or not.

From what you heard there wasn't any sound indicating a person so you went to your front door and saw a huge pile of presents, 9 to be exact. Attached to the top of the tower was a note written in a beautifully ''To Miyoung."

You brought them inside and to your bedroom. You were going to just set them aside when another anonymous message lit your laptop screen once again.
"Open from largest to smallest."

This got you confused again and you looked back at the presents again. Thinking about it for awhile you decide to open them.

You open the first box and find a big white fluffy teddy bear about the same size as you. This reminded you of the bear you once asked your best friend to get you when you were small.

The next box was a clothing box. You opened it and found a dress. It was navy blue with a fitted strapless bodice and flowing knee length skirt. You couldn't imagine who this was from or what for. This was probably the most expensive piece of clothing she'd ever gotten.

The next box had some art supplies. You realized that you mentioned wanting to be an artist as a 6 year old to the same boy you once told was going to be a terrible artist but he still tried anyway.

Inside the 4th box was a jam jar filled with little sayings and romantic quotes. Some of them you recognized and thought were familiar.

You opened another box to find the most beautiful shoes you've ever payed your eyes on. They were simple yet elegant and matched perfectly with the dress.

When you opened the 6th box you found a mask that matched your dress with diamonds outlining your eyes. You remembered that prom was tomorrow and the theme was masquerade.

In another box was a personalized jewelry box, that you wanted when you were 10, with your name on it and butterflies along the middle.

The 8th box was shaped like a heart and held 3 gold necklaces. Each of them had a name on it. Your name, the name for the boy you loved, and the name of the daughter he always joked about. 'Yifan, Miyoung, and Ai Wei Hua.' You wanted to break down and cry.

As you wiped your tears away you opened the last box to find a ring. But this wasn't any ordinary ring. It was the same promise ring you got from your best friend, your first and only crush.

You checked your laptop again as it made a soundand this time the message said "look out your window."

With the ring box still in your habds you walk over to your window and see the new boy, Kris, outside and everything clicked into place.

You ran downstairs outside into the grass. You ran into his arms as he caught you with full force.

"Yifan-ah how could you hide from me like that? Why didn't you tell me?" You were a blubbering mess and started to whack him in the chest.

"I thought you would remember me when you saw me but when you didn't I was shocked and decided to give you a reminder."

"YAH! You are such a hopeless romantic. But my hopeless romantic."

"So I guess that's a yes to prom tomorrow night?"

Then you did something unexpected.

You kissed him.