Repair

Month of Maia

Repair

 

Repair - restore (something damaged, worn, or faulty) to a good condition

Word count – 680

________________________________________________

Minho clicked the button on the device again; this time earning a ding. He has done it right. Of course he would, he was Choi Minho, the best mechanic around those areas. Minho tugged at the machines pants like a five-year-old; a manner which he’s been fond of doing with said machine.

“Taemin, you can get up now. I’ve finished.”

“How do you do that so fast?” Taemin, the so-called machine, actually one of the high end robots invented long ago, pout. Yes, he can pout. And he is also very good at stealing Minho’s heart. Funny thing is it really happened; falling for a robot, very ironic.

Minho chuckled as he placed his tools carefully on his mechatronic lab table. The mechanic led his way back to Taemin who was now standing by the couch, still pouting. He was lucky he bought this robot, Minho thought. It was more like saving Taemin, really. His last owner being abusive and Minho bought the pretty humanlike machine with all the money he got. First, Taemin was thankful. But now, they’re officially a couple.

The mechanic embraced his lover from behind, inhaling the bath foam Taemin uses. His Taemin doesn’t need one but still he let him do whatever he wanted. Choi Minho knew he was hopeless when it comes to Taemin but what can he say? They just love each other so much.

The taller turned Taemin so that he was face-to-face with him before slowly giving butterfly kisses along Taemin’s angelic face. He heard the dancing machine giggled. They were being lovey-dovey, not knowing the situation outside.

_________________________________________________

“Minho!” They were cuddling on the very same couch after some intense making out sessions when they heard the voice. It was Suho, another humanlike robot.

“What is it?” Minho asked as he got up, parting himself from Taemin’s body.

“The boys! They’re being chased again.” The boys, actually machines also, were saved by the heroic Minho from the garbage. They were unused robots from the robot-racing project. Literally, they’re good at running and had been running after causing trouble, not without giving Minho a headache.

__________________________________________________

Minho sighs as he arrived at the place where they’d be hiding; Taemin and Suho, following behind him. He’d had to lead the way or create an escape plan.

He was kissing Taemin really hard like it was no tomorrow when the detectors came; the boys still hiding. They were up each other’s lips, biting and nipping with so much affection that some detectors even blushed, some coughing a little. After rudely starring at them for a while, the detectors a.k.a cops those days finally left.

Minho was ready to scold the boys once they were on sight but then, they heard the screech sound of the police car.

__________________________________________

The police could only see Minho getting something from the cliff of the forgotten building, part of his hand down the corridor. Taemin briefly explained the officer -half flirting with them- that his boyfriend was just getting his scarf back since it got flown by the wind. Taemin pouts a little as he talked to the men in uniforms; actually worrying for his Minho. It was way too soon even that the officers left without a word.

Taemin let out a sharp breath and showed the sign as soon as the officers were out of sight. Taemin looked at the mechanic, pulling up the bunch of boys hanging from the cliff of the building. The pretty robot gasps as Minho was near him. Some of the boys seemed shocked, too.

Minho was being heroic himself, not getting the situation.

“What?”

“Wow.” It was one of the boys. Taemin was speechless.

“What is it, Tae?” Minho said, trying to get Taemin talk, shaking the machine’s shoulder repeatedly. Only then, he knew why they all had been acting strange. He gasps loudly. Taemin finally reacted as he begun smiling like an idiot.

“Now you’re the one who needs to be repaired.”

On the joint of Minho’s hands which were damaged by the boys’ weight were small visible paths of wires.

________________________________________________

 

Namri’s corner: So yeah, Minho’s program’s so high that he doesn’t feel like he’s a machine. Also, he’s pre-programmed to as a mechanic’s son, so, he had a childhood of a real boy in his head.