Inflate

Month of Maia

Inflate

 

Inflate - expand or cause to expand by filling with air or gas

Word count - 445

________________________________________________________

 

Taemin feels like dying. His throat was sore. His eyes were burning and his nose was running. All because of a late night movie. Ugh, how much he hated this. He’s only doing this for the sakes of his height! He could still clearly hear his brother, mocking him, calling him ‘Shorty’.

“Breathe- in with your mouth and out with your nose, okay?” The instructor’s faint voice brought him back to reality. “Okay, two at a time. Swim to me.” Great. How was he gonna held his breath when he has trouble normal breathing with a running nose?

This day was the worst, expect for the hot instructor across the swimming pool. Taemin was sure that guy’s checking him out. Not that he minded. But he was going to play hard, a little. Besides Minho was manlier, he’d to make a move first by Lee Taemin’s theory. And no, he didn’t know his name by searching in the instructors’ list.

“Okay, next.” (See what I did there? ^^)

Sadly, it was his turn next. Taemin turned away slowly- ily in his head – to the side of the pool. He could feel the elder’s eyes, following him. Taemin inwardly smirked. I’m glad I’m such a brat!

Taemin took a breath and dived into the water at a low speed, his head in the clouds- more like cloud Minho. For a while, he keeps swimming but then, he couldn’t move his legs, and he certainly couldn’t hold his breath anymore. Water invaded his nostrils as he tries to let out the air. He really felt like dying now. He was moving his body in panicky moves, his lungs burning and his vision becoming blurred. He felt someone grabbing him and moving along with him. He couldn’t think straight as he was scared and he literally took a strong grip out of fear- like a koala.

 The next thing Taemin knows, he was on the sloped side of the pool, coughing out water with all his might, still clinging to the person. He heard distinct voices and his vision was getting clear slowing.

“Breathe in, breathe out.” He heard a dark voice very near to him. Only then, he realized he’d been clung onto the person like a chimpanzee. Taemin half-jumped out of the embrace, feeling embarrassed. This was too far from playing hard.

He didn’t think twice as he turned around and left without a thank you. This was a very bad day but it was all worth it when he could still feel the elder’s burning gaze from behind.

“Hey!” “…Taemin… Right?”

_______________________________________________________

 

Wrote this in like twenty minutes, so, please excuse my mistakes. This is literally me in swimming class. Apparently, the instructors are strict ‘ahjjussi’s. >.<