Stay With Me

Got Me Good

“Hi”, Riho greeted.  Sehun looked a lot better, she noticed.  There was more color in his face and he had a smile on.  She closed the door behind her.

 

“Ugh, I’m going to leave.” Suho took notice.  He walked past Dr. Han who was still standing.  Turning around, he pulled Dr. Han with him to give the two souls some privacy.  Now it was just Riho and Sehun.  This was Sehun’s first time getting a proper glimpse at Riho, but Riho had seen his face many times.  He had been asleep for two days so after that first night, she went to go visit him once again.  The second time didn’t include tears.

 

“Hi” Sehun responded, not knowing what else to say.  He noticed she was very pretty. She had a small face and cute nose.  Her eyes were big for Korean standards and her lips were plump.  She was a bit on the short side.  She had a distinct beauty mark next to her left eye.  She was not hard on the eyes, not at all.

 

Riho bowed really low at Sehun.  “Thank you so much for everything.  I don’t think I would be here today without you.”  

 

Sehun felt like he was going to say this a lot, “No problem.  I would have done it no matter who, when or where.”

 

“My father already told me that he could compensate your hospital bill.  He can do this for you, but I want to know what I can do.  I can’t just sit around here while you’re in here.”  Riho began to get emotional.

 

“Get it together Riho!”  She scolded herself and up her inner tears.

 

Sehun didn’t know what to say.  His headache was still present so it was a little hard to think clearly.

 

“You know what?  My friend will probably have to report to work tomorrow and I can’t stay in here all by myself.  Is it possible if you stay with me?”  Sehun proposed.  He might as well ask since he was going to get bored no matter what show he watched.  Plus, she was a nurse so it’s not like she wouldn’t be doing her job.

 

Riho was startled by the proposal.  “Uhmmm, sure.  I might have to leave from time to time due to my shift though.”

 

“That works” Sehun smiled, “By the way, your name was…”

 

“Riho.  Han Riho” Riho interrupted.  

 

“Riho” Sehun tested her name on his tongue.  He liked it.

 

“I’m Se-“ He began, but she cut him off again.

 

“I know who are you, Oh Sehun.” She smiled, quite shyly.  

 

“So are you busy now?”  Sehun asked, motioning to the seat Suho was previously sitting in.  

 

“No, not right now.” Riho smiled and made her way to the chair.

 

============================

 

It was early spring and the air was nice and crisp outside.  Korea is beautiful in the spring.  People are everywhere, flowers flower the streets and the sun is very kind.  Spring is a beautiful time to fall in love. 

 

Love never crossed Sehun’s mind.  Sure, he had an idea about what it was about.  It just never was a possibility for him.  Growing up in a lower class family, he had to work hard to change his destiny.  His father was a factory worker and his mother was a shop owner in an outlying district near Seoul.  He had an older brother who went to study overseas.  As a result, not that much money was left for Sehun.  He had to work day and night, make connections and climb his way up.  He was lucky to be in the position he is in now, which shows a lot about his character.

 

There was no time to think about girls in high school or college.  Only recently had he begun going on blind dates that Suho begged him to go on.  None of these girls were wife material though.  It may have been a little too soon for Sehun to assume the wife requirements, but he wanted to do it right, the first time around.  

 

Perhaps inside of him, he was afraid.  Afraid of committing to something that could ruin him.  He wasn’t very emotional, but it wasn’t like he wasn’t in tough with his feelings.  He had never experienced love before, but he knew from experiences with his brother that sometimes love, any kind of love, can hurt.

 

Sehun had never considered love to be possible.  Oh boy, was he soon to find out.

 

=======================

 

Riho was a hopeless romantic.  She had only been in one relationship before; that guy had been her first love.  It was a young love, full of desire and passion.  What she thought was love was just lust and after that guy left her, she was left broken.  Since then, she promised never to give her feelings away ever like that again.  It was why her father was ever more protective of her.  Riho was a strong person, but she was very vulnerable.  

 

Riho had always considered love.  She created requirements: a tall man, courteous, honest.  She knew what she wanted so that she wouldn’t get hurt again.  Sometimes she got carried away with the idea of love.  

 

=======================

 

“You can’t be serious?” Riho yelled in excitement.  Sehun shushed her as a nurse walked past the door. They had been talking for a few hours and got surprisingly well acquainted.  

 

“I’m being completely serious.  I fell into the water and well, you know how it goes.” Sehun shrugged and gave a nonchalant laugh.  

 

Riho giggled and said, “Okay, my turn.  I think my most embarrassing moment was when I was in high school. It was in the winter and I had forgotten my coat at home.”

 

“How do you forget a coat in winter?” Sehun laughed.

 

“I know I was dumb, let’s not rub it in.  So anyways, I forgot my coat and I only realized it after i got out the taxi.  I couldn’t go home because I was so close to being late so I ran inside the school.  It was freezing all day and I ended up passing out in front of my class.  EMT’s and everything had to come. It was the worst day of my life.” 

 

“Remind me to remind you to remember your coat next time.  Alright, i think that is enough random questions for now.  Want to watch something?” Sehun gestured to the TV.  

 

Riho nodded, “I have the employee password to all the good movies.” She grabbed the remote and punched in the password.  An array of movie selections panned out.

 

“What are you into?  Romance?  Horror? Comedy?”

 

Sehun thought for a little bit before saying, “Chick Flick.”  He was just joking of course, which he noticed he was doing a lot around Riho.

 

“Eww”, she stuck her nose up and wriggled it.  “How about er Punch?  It has action and feminism, packed all into one tight short skirt.”

 

“Perfect”, Sehun chimed in.  Riho played the movie and went to the cupboard for an extra blanket.  She jumped on the chair and wrapped herself in the blanket.  

 

“Ahhhh, cozy” she smiled and focused on the screen.

 

“Are you comfortable?” Sehun looked at her adjusting.  She was bound to get a numb .

 

“Yeah, I’m awesome.  Just awesome.”  Riho reassured him.  

 

“No your not. There is extra room at the end of the bed.  This bed is surprisingly huge for hospital standards.”  Sehun nodded towards the part of the bed by his feet.  If she curled up, Riho could easily snug into the empty space of the bed.  

 

“Now that my sir would be trespassing hospital code.  A nurse is not allowed to get into bed with a patient.”  Riho shook her head disapprovingly.

 

“Well, it is a good thing that I am an engineer, not a patient” Sehun nodded once again and Riho rolled her eyes.  She grabbed a pillow from the cupboard along with her blanket and carefully mounted the bed.  Sehun winced a little, but shook it off.  There she curled up by his feet like a cat.  The movie played on and the two of them watched it in silence. 

 

 

================

 

Sorry, this chapter was a bit rushed.  I just wanted to give you guys something before I head off for a nap.  Thanks for subscribing and stay tuned!