Han Riho

Got Me Good

 

“Thank you”, Riho bowed to the registar who just gave Riho her paycheck.  Being a nurse at the prestigious Seoul international Hospital, paychecks were always big, fat and generous.  She felt butterflies inside.  Riho had grown up spoiled; as the youngest daughter of a well off family, she always had her expenses paid for.  Receiving her check each month was like liberation, independence and pride all wrapped into one check. 

 

“I’m going to deposit this once I get off the graveyard shift”, She thought.   There was only a half hour left so she made a quick round to all of her patients.  Riho was nurse specializing in cardiology, the study of heart medicine.  The first was Mrs. Jung who unfortunately had a heart attack.  She did survive, but Riho had strict orders to carefully watch over Mrs. Jung. You see, Mrs. Jung was the wife of the positively controversial Representative Jung.  Being that he was a large benefactor to the hospital, Mrs. Jung was top priority.  

 

“Hello, Mrs. Jung, I’m about to head off.  Minah will take over. Do you need anything before I go?”

 

The matured woman gave a laugh, “Only for you to meet my son.”  Mrs. Jung had been asking this of Riho for a long time.  “Changho needs a girl like you: prim, proper and beautiful.”  While rich, Changho was actually a jerk.  He was in Riho’s Advanced Organic Chem class in college and he would always cause trouble.  

 

“No, no.  Changho deserves someone of higher merit.  I am merely a nurse here to serve the public.  You can tell him I said hi though.  Alright then, I shall see you later tonight.” Riho laughed and twirled out the door.

 

A few more stops and the half hour was up.  She switched out of her scrubs into a purple sun dress and wedge heels. Adjusting her makeup, she walked out of the locker room.  

 

“Yah!  Don’t you think it is a crime to be that beautiful?”  Yoonji yelled at Riho as Riho walked away.  Yoonji playfully scoffed and plopped down on the nurses’ reception desk.  Riho and Yoonji were the best of friends, almost sisters.  Yoonji was from oversees, half German half Korean.  She fell in love young with a lawyer from Korea and eventually reestablished her life in Korea.  

 

“All you, Yoon” Riho yelled from the exit.  

 

It was extremely bright outside, a bit warm too.  Seoul was bustling with life, a life Riho had grown accustomed to.  Her father was a well known general surgeon in Seoul International Hospital.  Doctor of the Year for two years in a row, Mr. Han was well accomplished and rich.  Mrs. Lee, Riho’s mother was a high end florist.  She did flower arrangements at celebrity weddings, TV outings and movies.  Seeing that Mr. Han was always at the hospital and Mrs. Lee at the flower shop late at night, you’d imagine that Riho was lonely.  Luckily, she had an older brother, Jaeho who kept her company.  Now that Jaeho was a dentist, Riho always got her teeth cleaned by the best.

 

Riho walked down a few blocks to Baek Bank Group to deposit her check.  Whilst doing this, she was creating a to do list.  She would go home and feed Po and Ko, her two puppies.  She would also go grocery shopping, look for a wedding present and get some rest.  

 

“Ahhhh, I made it.” Riho sighed in content as she pulled the bank door open.  The doors were large and tall and heavy.  Suddenly, the pressure from the door was lessened.  Someone was helping her from behind.  It was a tall stranger who had no facial expressions. 

 

“Thank you” Riho bowed and as she walked in, she heard a a low pitched “Your welcome.”

 

 

=======================

 

I shall be back with more, longer chapters!  Please comment and subscribe!