027

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"Ra Moon Gi, I see. What a fine young lady you've already grown up to be," 

For the past few minutes, I had felt so pressurized by the Tuans who have been staring straight down at me ever since I entered the cafe. But now that Papa Tuan finally spoke, I couldn't find myself relaxing still. Instead, I curled my fingers around my drink even more and bit into my lower lips, showing how uneasy I really am. 

Of course, Papa Tuan has caught all these scenes under his watchful eyes and so, in order to make me feel more comfortable around him and Mark, he said no more before I saw him drawing out something from his bag. After which, his hand slid smoothly across the table where underneath it, it laid a photograph. My eyes were wavering back and forth from my lap and the photograph, hesitating on whether or not to take a look at it but it was then, Mark, who was seated opposite me, grew impatient. 

Standing up abruptly, I heard him let out groan before leaning forward and shoving the photograph into my hands.

"Just take a look at it, will you?", he grunted. 

I took a glance at Papa Tuan and nodding his head, he pursed his lips and gestured for me to go on. Shakily, my hands tremor as I turned the photograph around, only to reveal a miniature of me in the arms of a man who was sitting me around his neck. 

"Appa?", my head shot up as I looked back up at Papa Tuan. 

"Yes. That was the photo he had handed me to look for you after that accident but-"
"What accident?!"

Papa Tuan adjusted his features and stirred a little in his seat. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Mark slowly placing his hands over his, as though he was providing him with a sense of assurance and then, clearing his throat, he finally explained everything grossly to me. 

"Moon Gi-ssi, you see, your father didn't exactly want to part with you. He was actually planning on getting you two some drinks after the long day, but sadly to say, he was involved in a car accident in the midst of hurrying back to you. I was there at the scene right then and I offered my help to him. However, he remained unconscious all the way till he woke up at the unfamiliar setting at the hospital and seeing how you weren't by his side, he panicked. He had wanted to discharge from the hospital right away but judging from his condition, we all held him back. Thus, I eventually took over his place of heading back to the station to find you. However, when I reappeared, you were long gone, which I suppose the Jeons had probably took you in under their care. Hence, dejectedly, I had to report this news to your father. This made him cry all night and long and unknowingly, his condition too deteriorate day by day. As the impact from the accident was rather hard on him, your father suffered multiple rib fractures and somehow, it also affected his respiratory system. He knew that his days were numbered and in sheer desperation, he then handed me with this last precious photograph he had of you and him", Papa Tuan took a pause to wipe away the tears which were already forming at the corners of his eyes,

""use this photograph and help me find back my daughter someday. but Tuan, just not n-now. I d-don't want her to see me in this state..." your father had told me and it was days after, that he finally passed on. With that, I got all the connections I had and I eventually narrowed down to this apartment which both Mark and you happened to stay at. But... It looks like this is how the world play around with us uh? For all you know, it was also the day the fire broke out", Papa Tuan turned around to give Mark an apologetic look,

"Everything was a mess and it made it even harder for me to locate you. And who knows that the next second, I saw this poor kid sitting on the ground all alone,"

Upon hearing that, Mark averted his gaze from me and hit Papa Tuan's arm lightly. Trying to break this tense situation, Mark then began jokingly,

"But you've gotten quite a treasure here uh? Just look at how macho and handsome this baby of yours has grown into? Aren't you proud of me? Uh? uh?"

Mark gave a few nudges to Papa Tuan's elbow and this corkiness of his eventually brought a smile to my face. Winding my fingers around the glass, I took a sip of water after the digestion of these stories when Papa Tuan said something which almost made me choke on my drink. 

"Say, would you like to return to LA with us?"

"Yah daddy!", Mark let out a gasp but Papa Tuan's intense gaze told him in no certain thoughts not to talk to him, making Mark shut his mouth almost 
immediately. 

Fortunately, I was then saved by the sudden ringing of my phone and excusing myself from the table, I went out of the cafe to pick up the call. Looking into the cafe, I could still find Papa Tuan's eyes focusing on me but shaking away those thoughts, I tried to pay more attention to the speaker who was on the other line. 

"Moon Gi-ah~ Moon Gi?"

"Ne sunbaenim", I recognized his voice to be Seo-joon oppa.

There was this slight pause at the other line but seconds later, I heard him switching into a more muffled voice before he spoke through the phone again,

"Did you and Jin had a fight?"

I raised an eyebrow at his question. 

"Nope, but why?", I then answered curtly. 

"Because he's currently at my apartment and", Seo-joon changed the position of the phone to his other ear as he eyed Jin suspiciously, 

"Along with him, there are his luggage. To be honest, he took me by surprise earlier on when he suddenly asked if he could stay here until he finds a new apartment. And of course, I said yes but I was wondering-"
"What?!"

"You heard me girl", Seo-joon oppa replied with a stern tone and widening my eyes, I tried my best to formulate my thoughts. 

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes", I told Seo-joon oppa and with that, I decided to give a call to Jungkook as he was the only one who had spent the morning with Jin. 

Within a few beeps, Jungkook picked up but without even getting into the hang of the situation, I lashed out at him,

"Yah Jeon Jungkook! What did you exactly say to Jin? How did you make him choose to move out?"

"M-mwo?", Jungkook replied in a squeaky tone. But after which, he defended himself.

"Noona, trust me. I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm currently hanging out with the guys at the basement and as for Jin hyung, I only asked him to help me with the laundry, which if I'm not wrong, he gladly accepted. Weird.. He was still looking alright before I left", Jungkook explained.

There seemed to be no ambiguity in his words in the first place but the longer I thought about it, I could feel the confusion binding my thoughts start to untangle.

"Aish, the document!", I cursed under my breath when it hit me and in a hurry, I ran back into the cafe to grab my belongings before dropping my head to leave. 

I could hear both Papa Tuan and Mark shouting at me from the back but I ignored their calls. Continuing my way out, I didn't know that Mark had already given chase to me and when he reached for my hand, I pulled it back, but it just made him grasp it even tighter.

"Moon Gi-ssi!", Mark yelled and turned my body around to face him. However, I kept struggling in his grip that he eventually grew annoyed at me.

"What the hell is happening? Why are you suddenly behaving like this?", he then questioned out of me.

Mark had such an earnest look in his eyes and he seemed so serious that my heart started beating loudly through my chest. He continued staring as I soon dropped my shoulders in dejection. 

"Tell me about it", he prompted yet again and taking in a deep breath, I trailed,

"J-Jin.. I think he've f-found out about your identity..."

I noticed Mark flinching slightly at my words but closing his eyes, he took a moment to think before he led me to his Ducati.

"Eh?"
"Get on. I will bring you to him," 
"B-but.. what about y-you?"

He turned his head to the side and let out a sigh.

"I guess it's about time,"

-
-
-

"I just called Moon Gi. She will be here in around fifteen minutes. In the meantime, just hang around here and sort out your feelings ya? I know there's something bothering you but I'm pretty sure everything will be alright when that pretty girlfriend of yours gets here,"

Sinking into his sofa, Seo-joon leaned back causally and broke out the news to Jin. But shockingly, his reply wasn't exactly something pleasant to hear.

"Hyung! Wae? Why did you call her?!", Jin suddenly erupted and Seo-joon was definitely alarmed by his words. Turning around to face Jin, Seo-joon took a closer look at the fella before he cleared his throat and scoffed, 

"I asked Moon Gi whether or not if you guys have quarreled and she told me no. So look here, Jin. I. Have. No. Idea what's the fuss about right now,"

Seo-joon held up both of his arms in self defense whereas Jin made a soft groan. With his brows knitted together, he climbed across the sofa weakly and joined Seo-joon by his side. With his arms supported on his elbows, he then mouthed softly, only loud enough for himself to hear,

"I just don't want to see her now,"

Jin clasped his hands tightly across his laps as he recalled how Mark and Moon Gi must have teamed up together to hide his identity from him. He could totally understand why Mark didn't want to reveal himself but as for Moon Gi, Jin was disappointed over the fact that she eventually went over to his side. To say that he wasn't hurt by her, it would be a lie. Right when he saw that photograph and that document, Jin had felt so betrayed and this even made him rethink about his relationship with Moon Gi. 

And now that he knew that both him and his brother were harbouring feelings for the same girl, it wouldn't be easy. Jin drifted into those serious thoughts of his until finally, the sound of the bell broke him out of his trance.

"Oh. She's probably here. Now, talk to her nicely alright?", Seo-joon gave a warning to Jin and reaching out, he soon drew open the door to however, reveal a protective Mark who was standing in front of Moon Gi. 

-
-
-

"Oh my goodness. Don't tell me..", Seo-joon pointed at Mark and I and cried dramatically but pushing him aside, Jin stepped up to the front. 

Peeking over from Mark's back, I opened my eyes to find Jin looking down with an anguished expression. Feeling bad, I quickly gestured for Mark to move aside and I called out his name, 

"J-Jin. I-"
"Let's breakup. You and I,"

He didn't allow me to continue on with my words before he cut me to it. And next, his eyes flickered over to Mark's calmly. 

"And Kim Yi-En, congratulations. You can have her all to yourself now,"

Tears welled up in my eyes as Jin spoke, his tone self mocking. I was hit with all those different emotions and I grew even more despondent by how he was acting. I knew that he didn't mean it and so, I took a step forward,

"N-no Jin, please hear me out", but to no avail, he backed away from me. 

"I've got nothing to say to you. Just leave me alone from now on", he replied nonchalantly and that was when Seo-joon oppa decided to interfere.

"Hold on a minute. Can someone please explain to me what exactly is going on?"

I looked over and found Mark lightly pinching on Seo-joon oppa's hand, which was draped around my shoulders. And then, pulling him aside, Mark's demeanor had completely changed and his bold smile made me break into a cold sweat,

"I'm going to protect her from wandering hands and evil pests while he's away. That's what it is", he then challenged, with his gaze staring intently at Jin's.