019

Seoulmate (BTS JIN & GOT7 MARK FANFIC)

"I thought we agreed on not coming here to shop for our supplies?"

As I was picking up some snacks off from the shelves, Namjoon was ranting behind my back. Casually tucking in packets of tibits into my arms, I walked over to Hoseok after which and wiggled my fingers under his chin.

"Just look at him, who bares not to satisfy this simple wish of his," 

Back in school previously, Hoseok kept pouting and whining but before he knew it, a whoop of delight was echoing off him as I eventually led the rest into the Family Mart where Minah is working at, after the briefing ended.

"Yeok-si, Moon Gi is the best," he made a face at Namjoon, then scooting off, we saw him heading towards the cashier counter. 

"Namjoon-ah, get double of whatever supplies you are buying. I will just wait over here," he shouted across the mart and then resting his face on his palm, with his elbow leaned on the counter, he supported his position and went back to his whatever business he had with Minah. 

"That guy is of no hope," Jr took a set of toothbrush and toothpaste from the shelf in front of us and tossed it into his basket as he said.

"But he calls himself Jhope," 
"So? Didn't you hear him just now? He gave all of his hope to Minah-ssi," JB added on, whereas Namjoon tried mimicking whatever Hoseok had said, 

"Minah-ssi, I thought of a new name you could address me by and its Jhope. I am your hope,"

I laughed at their silly comments and carrying the bulk of items in my arms, I was about to head over to the counter when everything started toppling down. 

"Yah! Why are you always so clumsy?" I looked up to find Mark frowning at me but instead of starting a bicker with him, I squatted down and started picking up the items I had dropped. It was only a matter of seconds before someone else crouched down and gave me a hand.

"Be careful next time, Moon Gi-ssi," Jin smiled at me warmly and getting up, he even offered to help me carry the rest of the items over to the counter. 

"Gomawoyo sunbaenim," 

He nodded his head at me and proceeding on to shop for his own necessities, I took out my wallet from my bag while waiting for Minah to calculate the total sum. 

"Ah Moon Gi-ah, not that face again," Hoseok who was hanging around the counter blurted out all of a sudden.

"Your face is telling me that you are head over heels in love with Jin hyung," he inspected me again and chuckled.

"Hi Miss, total will be 10,000 won," 

Just nice, Minah had finished scanning all the barcodes of the items I have bought, so lifting off the plastic bag from the counter, I gave Hoseok a triumph smirk before I left. 

"Hehs, and your face tells me that you are head over heels in love with Minah-ssi too. So," I took a glance at Minah who was now widening her eyes and blushing at my words, 

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind settling the bill for me right, Jhope? Considering the fact that I was friend enough to accompany you in," I raised both of my eyebrows at him.

-
-
-

Finally, the day of the Busan trip arrived. After depositing our luggage down into the storage compartment of the bus, we lined up in rows, awaiting for our turn to board it.

As I headed up, I found a seat in front of Jungkook and Bambam and shuffled my way to the window. Closing my eyes, I pretended to be asleep until I felt the seat sinking in next to me. I opened one of my eyes slowly and took a sneak peek at the person who took the seat.

Part of me was wishing for him to be Jin, but when I realised who he was, my face fell. 

"Yah sunbae," I hit his back with great force causing him to jump up at my action.

"What?!", Seo-joon oppa glared at me.

"You are fat and you are taking up too much space. Do you mind sitting somewhere else?" I tried to say with a poker face but somehow he managed to see through me.

"No sweat. I get what you mean," Seo-joon oppa snapped his fingers right after he said that and standing up, I saw him gesturing for someone else to head over here instead.

"Mark-ssi, Moon Gi here requested for your company,"

My cheeks were suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose. That wasn't what I wanted. But, Seo-joon oppa said it in such a direct way which couldn't be taken back. 

"Ah, that baesinja," I heard Mark let out a sigh as he noticed Jackson sitting with Youngji again, so left with no other choice, he shrugged his shoulders and plopped down onto the seat next to me.

At that same time, Jin boarded the bus and when both of our eyes met, I thought I actually saw a tinge of disappointment and jealously before he was pulled over to another seat by Bora. 

Sighing hard, I looked away and found a distraction by studying the outside of the window, counting up the number of people who has yet boarded the bus that wasn't even necessary. In the meantime, Mark hung back, allowing me time to compose myself, fighting back the smile that he wants to break out. 

What happened next, he was going to want to remember for a long time, so while his gaze was soft, he didn't drop his eyes for a moment.

The bus roared to life and jerked forward right when everyone was on board but still in a daze, I was thrown forward roughly in the process, causing me to hit my head hard onto the front seat. 

"Uhh," I winced in pain and my hand soon reached for my forehead and started massaging the bruise that was slowly forming. 

However, shortly after, I felt a hand reaching up and took my hand before he slowly leaned in and pressed his lips against my forehead. Blood accelerated under my skin and I was left astounded by his impromptu attack. Silence fell after which. 

Then, amid the strange tension in the air, Mark suddenly began to laugh. He leaned on my shoulder subsequently after and whispered into my ears,

"I'm so tired. Wake me up when we arrive,"

With that being said, he shut his eyes and snuggled up into my neck.

Feeling awkward of the skin-ship he was sharing with me, I attempted to shrugged him off from my shoulder but to no avail.

"Yah redhead, what do you think you are doing? I don't exactly remember us being that close," I snarled at him.

But with his eyes still closed, he answered,

"Who says so? Don't you remember? I even told you that 'I love you' and," he made a short pause,

"I kissed you twice," 

He was smiling smugly at me but I gave him a wry smile back. Fixing my gaze back out of the window, I gasped in surprise when I found a few familiar faces seated in a vehicle right next to our bus now. 

Tapping on the window, I pushed Mark's head aside and turning back to get Jungkook's attention, I asked him,

"Kookie-ah, what are they doing here?" I showed my finger towards Jimin, Suga and V, who were waving at me frantically, pumped, excited, more alive than they had ever thought possible. 

Leaning his face towards the window, Jungkook waved back at them from above as he explained,

"Oh, I called them along because Yoongi and Jimin hyung needed a place for their honeymoon and Taehyung-ie just wanted to head out. Besides that, it's healthier for our band to stay together, don't you think so?"

I was reluctant to agree with Jungook but still, nodding my head at him, I tried to go with his flow. However, there was something else I was curious about. Getting up on my knees, I supported my arms on the top of the seat and asked curiously,

"Kookie-ah, by the way, is Suga and Jimin really an item?"
"You think,"

-
-
-

The journey took about five hours from Seoul and when we finally arrived at Busan, I was amazed by the scenery there. 

Skipping down from the bus with my arms outstretched, I took in the feeling of the elements. The wind was really strong, mixed with a slight drizzle and as the cool wind blew against my bare legs; my shorts not hiding my skin from the torturous wind, I shivered weakly. 

From the back, I heard Mark's voice calling me 'stupid' again, but I ignored him. Wrapping myself with my arms, I struggled to get my luggage before heading towards the entrance of the hotel with the rest. 

It didn't take him long for Jin to race up over to my side. Wrapping a scarf around my neck and placing his jacket over my shoulder, he snatched away my luggage before his vacant hand s around my waist, pulling me closer to him. 

"W-what-"
"Stay close to me, it will keep you warm,"

I couldn't take my eyes off him but I had to ask,

"Er sunbaenim, then what about you? Don't you feel cold too?"
"I'm alright. You are more important to me,"

He took a protective stance in front of me as we ran along, making my ovaries explode along the way.

Once we entered the hotel, the bellboy took over our luggage while we waited patiently for Mr Park to allocate our rooms. 

In the end, I was told to pair up with Bora to share the room with her. 

Entering the elevator awkwardly, the two of us have not forget of our previous encounter together, so part of the journey up was mainly done in silence. 

'Ding', and when the elevator finally arrived at the thirteenth floor which we will be staying at, I was just about to head out when Bora held out her arm to stop me. 

"M-mwo,"

I watched as the doors of the elevator shut tight again while we hovered at the same level, with the numbers on the screen remaining stagnant.

"S-sunbaenim," I tried to duck away from her to press on the open door button but she did not allow me to do so.

Turning around to face me, her direct, emotionless gaze pierced through me. Clearing , she finally asked,

"Moon Gi-ssi, do you happen to like Jin?"

-
-
-

Whereas over at the other scene, Mark felt suffocated for having to share the same room with Jin. After throwing his luggage onto his bed, he was planning to head out to catch a breather when Jin stopped by the door to block his way.

"What do you want?" he asked curtly.

"Mark-ssi, can I have a talk with you?" 

He laughed at his trash and gave him a fake smile.

Sometimes, Mark wonders if that smile, that horribly fake smile of his is ever seen through. If Jin will ever notice that sad, broken look in his eyes that he sees in the mirror; If Jin will ever see the beauty where he sees ugliness. 

"Sure, speak up,"
"It's about Moon Gi-ssi,"

And then Mark laughed, a bitter, sarcastic laugh, at himself. He doesn't care. He didn't even notice. He never seem to, does he? 

He've fought for years without him and so, he thought that he can just continue to march on, all by himself.

"Tch, all you care about is just her,"

Taking Jin by surprise, Mark shoved him away roughly before leaving the room, slamming the door shut behind him. But, leaning against it, his head rested down in defeat, with tears blurring his eyes. 

He had never thought of being able to share a room with his biological brother all these years but now, it just wasn't the right time. During the entire period, he had lost all positive recollections of Jin and this made him  depressed. Covering his eyes with both of his hands, he cried even harder and when he positioned his body backwards on the door for full support, he was extremely stunned when the door suddenly drew back. 

Fortunately, the person behind him caught him just in time and kneeling onto the ground next to him, Jin asked worriedly,

"Mark-ssi, are you crying?"

He anxiously looked at his left and right, repeatedly as a single sound passes by, checking for signs of danger that will not come. He was unreasonably afraid and terrified as the  daunting memories played on his mind over and over again, and scrambling away from Jin, he got so agitated that he eventually yelled out loud at him,

" off, just off before I hurt you,"