Passing It On

When A Virgo Dates A Scorpio

 

 

 

"Oh my god, Amber. What are we going to do now?" 

Both the boy and the girl are fully dressed and are sitting on the edge of the bed, thinking hard for a plan. 

"Eric, we did not do anything, okay? Krystal is not going to know about this, and Kevin too. We just slept together last night- ." Amber insist that nothing ual happened between her and Eric. 

"But what about your mom?"

"No worries. A Chinese mother won't go around the neighborhood and tell people that her daughter had with someone."

"I thought you said we didn't have ."

"Of course we did not! I'm just saying it because my mom think we did. Geez, so stupid!" A virgo can be straight to the point and frank at times, which can make people feel uncomfortable.

Eric hestitates before speaking up, "but what if we did? And I don't think we were sane enough to use protection."

"You know what? When you turned your back on me I touched my with my fingers, and then I smell them. It still smells like shampoo. So our private part didn't touch last night. And if you mention one more word about what happened last night, then I will tell your mom, your brothers, and all your neighbors that you, Eric Nam, is ing gay! You get it?" 

Eric nods his head furiously as Amber towers over him. 

Never have Amber been so dominate. Not all virgos are dominant in relationships, but almost all virgos have a strong sense of boundaries and personal order. In this case, Amber's destiny is heavily relied on Eric. If he screws up, then she will also be screwed. In order for things to not get spin out of hand, Amber have no choice but to take charge.

 

...

 

A few days had passed. 

Today Amber is driving Mama Liu to the supermarket. 

"Amber are you dating Eric?" 

"Mom... we... didn't do anything that night."

"Nothing! You two were in the bedroom! Is that how young people are nowadays? Back then you two would have to get married right away or both of you would be executed." Mame Liu is getting angry.

"Mom, calm down. Things are different now."

"I am calm. I just don't know why don't you two try to go on a date? Both of you are single, and I assume you two have feelings for each other since you two did it."

"Mom," Amber already wants to stop explaining to her mother that she and Eric would never date each other. "We don't love each other."

"Then do you have someone that you like at the moment?"

Amber gives a long pause, "... no. No I don't."

"Can mama ask you a really private question?" 

"No, you cannot." Immediately, the girl refused to answer anymore questions. She knows that she's only wasting her time in trying to explain the situation to her mother. Mama Liu would not understand- she thought. The only thing the tomboy can do is wait. Waiting for the right moment; moreover, waiting for a miracle so her mom can accept her for who she really is.

"Mama is thinking about going to taiwan next month to visit your grandparents. Lots have changed since the last time I've gone back. I remember I was with you and your father. You were still in highschool back then, and you are now all grown up," Mama Liu sighs, reminiscing the good old days. "Do you want to come along?Your grandparents would love to see you."

"For how long are you staying there?" Amber asks, although she's not interested in going to Taiwan.

"About two weeks."

"Umm, I don't think so. I can't leave work since I scheduled my vacation during the week of Christmas and New Year. Tell grandma and grandpa that I'm sorry, and I will visit them when I have time."

"Mmm, that's alright. Mama will go alone." The mother sounded a little disappointed.

...

 

A month had finally gone by. It was a dreadful wait for the tomboy. With Mama Liu gone for two weeks, she could spend more time with her girlfriend.

 

 

Want to come over?

Inviting me over once your mom is away?

Don't make me sound like a ert. 
So are you coming over or not?

Ok, ert^^

 

 

.....

 

Ring Ring Ring. The bedroom is pitch dark, so Amber had to dig through the pile of clothes on the floor to find her phone. 

"Hello, Eric?" Amber quietly walks out of the room and walks to the living room. 

"Amber, I'm so sorry for calling so late at night, but I have to tell you something terrible."

"Eric," Amber don't know what to expect next.

"Kevin just told me that he got tested positive for HIV, which means I might have it too. And you... I mean... we might have did it, so..."

Amber's mind goes blank for a few seconds. "You- he- are you sure that Kevin is positive?"

"He said he went to a clinic the other day, and the reports came out positive. Amber, we need to get tested as soon as possible. And- and what about Krystal? Did you two did it after we did?"

"Eric, how many times have I told you that nothing happened between you and me?" Amber tries to keep her volume as low as possible.

"But Amber you don't know for sure. There is a 50-50 chance that we did have . Kevin might passed it on to me, then you got it from me, and you could have passed it on to Krystal."

"Whatever, Eric. Let's talk about it tomorrow. Meet me at Denny's at seven." Amber ends the phone call. She stay put on the couch for a minute or so, before returning to her bedroom.

There she lays back down beside Krystal, who is still heavily sleeping. 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

TBC....

What do you guys think? Leave a comment down below.