...

And When You Wake Up

Yongguk allowed the steady blow of the fan to brush his eyes open. Daylight peaked through his curtains as he sat up and lightly slapped his cheeks. His room was empty. He was empty as he slid out of bed to wash his face. He thought of how he should break things off with Daehyun. How he could move on. He wasn't falling in love but becoming attached would be a burden. Yongguk showered and washed his hair before getting dressed and preparing for university. 

Yongguk sat alone at his table. White noise and quiet ringing filled his ears as he ate spoonfuls. The sound of water droplets irritated him as he threw his plate in the sink. He just wanted some noise. He didn't have time to clean it up. He only had time to breathe. I'm not myself. Maybe I'm tired. Yongguk grabbed his bag then tried to push his door open. However as he pushed it open, the door hit against something on the other side. Yongguk heard a grunt and the sound of paper falling. Once Yongguk had pushed through the small opening, he saw a man crouching down and scooping up papers.

"I'm so sorry!" Yongguk kneeled down to help. 

"Don't touch anything!" the stranger pushed Yongguk's hand away before picking up all his papers. He stood up, the sun shadowing his face. "I came to re-introduce myself". Yongguk stood up. He towered over the man however the stanger's aura was the complete opposite of Yongguk's.

"Oh, you're the guy from yes-" Yongguk finally recognized the stranger who stood before him. His upright posture and stern expression the guy from the cafe and my exam "-terday. Sorry about the noise last night." Yongguk hoped he wouldn't be recognized.

"I'd prefer if you ran your brothel elsewhere and also kept your noise to a minimum" 

"I'm not a e!"

"With people in and out of here at all hours, who would think any different"

"Mind your own ing business... unless you came here for some too" Yongguk pushed himself against the man and grabbed his crotch. However the man had no reaction. He didn't even flinch...

"The difference between me and you is that you're someone who can get by something so trivial" Yongguk was taken aback for a moment before he looked down. A small bulge had appeared in his trousers, he quickly covered it with his hands. "Like I said please keep the noise to a minimum between 8 pm and 12 am. My name is Kim Himchan, it was wonderful to meet you" sarcasm slid off his tongue as he turned to walk away. 

Yongguk fell back against his door, covering his crotch in embarrassment. Daehyun should be here now... Yongguk kept checking his watch. His university wasn't far but being early was never a bad thing I guess I'll go in a bit later today

* * * * * 

When Yongguk finally arrived at university the first person he encountered was Daehyun. Daehyun flung his arm around Yongguk's shoulder and pulled him into an empty room. He pushed Yongguk against the closed door and his hands found their way up Yongguk's shirt.

"Where have you been all morning?"

"I had some stuff to take care of at home"
Daehyun stopped and folded his arms. 

"That's an obvious lie" Daehyun ran his fingers through his hair and sighed "Anyway, Veronica is visiting me this weekend, so I won't be able to come over"

"Oh... you're still with her?" Yongguk felt a jolt run through him.

"Well... obviously. Yongguk, what we do is just something to pass time. It's just easier with a guy when she isn't around. But I wouldn't ever consider you seriously. I thought we established that?" 

"We did. I understand"
 

"Um, good, okay! Anyway class is starting in a minute so I'll see you next week" Daehyun quickly left them room. Yongguk sighed and sat in one of the empty chairs why did I even bother coming in today...

Yongguk finally came to his senses as he began rushing to his next class. He pushed the door open to the room. The lecturer continued speaking as eyes traveled towards Yongguk. He quickly found a seat before packing out his equipment. Finally, as he was settling as he took off his coat and looked up at the board. 

However the lecturer caught his eye. His deep voice halted for a moment and his eyes squinted at Yongguk before he continued. 

!... that's my neighbor!