.

And When You Wake Up

Yongguk sat up and brushed crumbs off his papers. He threw his pen down as he stared at all the notes he’d made.

“Ugh! I don’t know if I can revise all this by tomorrow!” he ruffled his hair and leaned back onto the wall. Checking his watch, he leaned forward again “Okay, I’ll do another hour then go wash up”.

As he finally began to regulate his stressed breathing, his front door suffered the ferocious banging of a visitor. Yongguk put his pencil between his lips and got up. He looked through the peephole but his visitor had covered it.

“Who is it!” but the banging continued with no answer. Yongguk hesitated.

He pushed open his door and a body reeking of alcohol flopped onto him. It closed the door behind it and then it’s arms wrapped around Yongguk’s hips. His tongue Yongguk’s neck. The body leaned onto the closed door and pulled Yongguk against him.

“Daehyun – please – not tonight” Yongguk tried to pull away from him but alcohol makes people heavy, Yongguk struggled. Daehyun’s hair hung over his eyes as he lifted his head revealing only a half intoxicated smile.

“We have an exam in the morning… why are you like this…” Yongguk let Daehyun rest his head on his shoulder. Daehyun bit Yongguk’s neck making him wince.

“Don’t ask me any ing questions. You know what I came for”

“I though we’d wait till these exams are ov-“

 

Yongguk had no time to speak as Daehyun’s body slumped to the ground. He’d stopped talking but the weight pulled Yongguk down with him.


“Daehyun! Daehyun! Wake up! What about tomorrow!” Yongguk got up and dragged Daehyun’s body into his room. Yongguk lifted him into his bed before taking off his jacket and shoes. After putting Daehyun to bed, Yongguk sat down at his table.


Ugh, I should have never agreed to anything like this. I’m not used to it. Going out of my comfort zone… I should have never told him I like men.


When Yongguk came to reality, he found himself kneeling next to his bed, staring at Daehyun’s face.

This isn’t anything… it’s temporary… something to pass time.

Yongguk let out a long sigh before lying on the floor and blacking out.

 

* * *


A ringing in Yongguk’s ear startled him awake. He opened his eyes and he saw Daehyun crouching beside him with a phone to his ear. The phone began ringing again making Yongguk grind his teeth.

“I’ve tried waking you up three ing times! Get up! We have an hour to get to the exam” Daehyun stood up and shoved his phone in his pocket.

Yongguk checked his watch before sitting up. He roughly pulled his hands through his hair before quickly getting up and dragging on the first pair of jeans he saw and a sweater.


“Come on. Let’s go”


“We’re going in together??”

“Obviously. I’m at your apartment and the university is only around the corner from here. That’s why I like staying over”


Yongguk nodded as he pulled on his coat and bag before opening the door and letting Daehyun out. They briefly walked together before Daehyun stopped at the end of the road.


“Where are you going? University is this way” Yongguk pointed.

“Don’t ask me stupid questions. See you in the exam”


Daehyun left Yongguk and walked off. Mmm well I do have about 40 minutes.

Yongguk put in his earphones and walked towards a coffee shop near the university. Once in, he ordered mocha I don’t want to get too hyper today. He sat down near the window and enjoyed his music along with the sunlight beating down on his cup and the table. Creating an air of calm before the storm. A bag crashed against his cup and interrupted him.

“Oh.” the plump pink lips produced a single sound. Yongguk jumped up, his day had started off so well.

“No, no it’s nothing. It’s fine” Yongguk quickly began checking his clothes for stains.

“I didn’t say anything for you to say that” Yongguk’s movement halted as he stared at the pale man. His hair tied back in a short ponytail. A loose white shirt with black skinny jeans made its way into Yongguk’s glare. Arrogant jerk!

“Well! -“

“Himchan, leave it. Let’s go or we’ll be late” a short, full figured girl pulled on his arm. Her expression was soft, her large doll eyes stared at Yongguk.

“You shouldn’t accept an apology before it’s even been said. How pitiful” the man scoffed with a slanted smile before picking up his bag and following the girl.


Before Yongguk could even retaliate, the pale man left the shop with his female acquaintance. What an arrogant jerk!! Yongguk picked up his cup and quickly left after, he didn’t want to be late either. Even though he had only left a few minutes after the couple, he lost them in the university crowd.

Yongguk gritted his teeth before making his way to the test hall and finding his seat. The test was three hours but occasionally the rude male and his friend would interfere with Yongguk’s train of thought. Hm! If I see him again, I’ll make him apologise!

Yongguk scribbled down theory after theory before a professor at the front of the room called to everyone.


“Put down your pens. The test is over” Yongguk stretched and sighed as the professors went around and collected everyones test papers.


“Alright. Row by row, you’ll be dismissed.” When it got to Yongguk’s row he shot up, collected his bag and coat and walked out.


Yongguk stood outside of the exam room as he tried to put his coat on and fix it.  He felt an arm around his shoulder.


“How do you think you did?”

“Ah, Daehyun… fine I guess”

“We can celebrate tonight right?”
Daehyun whispered in Yongguk’s ear. He nodded before moving from Daehyun’s hold.

“Actually I forgot something inside let me jus-“ as Yongguk walked backwards he felt himself hit something behind him. He looked up at the rims of glasses perched on a dainty nose. Yongguk stepped forward and turned around.

“Ah I’m really sor-“

“It’s you again. How annoying”
the man put his hand on Yongguk’s face and pushed him aside. He walked past with the same acquaintance from the coffee shop.