012

Taking Chances

 

Chanyeol looked up as their coach walked towards them, they were in the open field, waiting for the tryouts to start.

“Isn’t that Won’s new friend?” Sehun walked to him with the ball in his hand.

“Yeah, it’s him.” Chanyeol nodded, he glanced over to where the squad was practicing their routine.

“Boys!” The coach hollered, soon enough the players walked towards the older male and sat down.

 

 

“Oh, he must be the new recruit, I guess we’re playing big this season.” Haeyoung commented as they stretched, Ryeowon followed her gaze, she paused.

“Luhan?” She stood up and squinted, it was definitely him.

“We have to start the new routine now, hurry up!” Haeyoung called after her.

Ryeowon nodded, then she saw Luhan looking at her, he gave her a small wave before turning back to the coach again, she smiled before running towards the squad.

 

 

“You’re the new recruit?” Kai asked, Luhan nodded as they walked to the shower room.

“I guess Ryeowon has a knack for befriending players then.” Kai nodded, Sehun rolled his eyes.

“She only knows one player, Kai. It’s you.” Chanyeol chuckled before heading in the room.

It took them twenty minutes to wash up and change into fresh clothes.

“Oppa,” A voice said as soon as they stepped out of the shower room, Ryeowon was leaning against the wall, she already dressed in a pair of jeans and a flowy top.

“Hi, sweetums.” Kai winked at her before walking with Sehun.

“Lunch?” Her cousin asked, she nodded then she turned to Luhan who was talking with the other members of the team.

She was about to turn away when Luhan called her.

“Hey, wait up.” He said as he jogged towards her, Ryeowon smiled.

“We’re heading to the cafeteria for lunch, you wanna join us?” She asked, Luhan nodded.

“That doesn’t sound bad.”

 

 

Ryeowon was carrying her tray of food as she walked towards their table, she was the last one to buy her meal.

“Hi, sunbae!” Shinah greeted as she joined them, Kyungsoo gave her a nod.

“I just met Luhan, so he’s new to the team?” Shinah said.

“As new as it gets.” She nodded back and opened her salad.

“How is that a meal? That’s not lunch.” Sehun said, Luhan glanced at her.

“I need to keep off the carbs, we have new routines, I need to be light.” She reasoned as she started eating.

“But sunbae, how will you go on through the day with just that?” Shinah asked.

“You never did that even before.” Kyungsoo added, his brows rising up.

“You know what, I should eat at some place where people wont pick at my choices.” Ryeowon nodded, Chanyeol looked up, his cousin rarely loss her temper.

Kai and Sehun looked at each other.

“Maybe I’ll see you later, Luhan.” She nodded before gathering her food and leaving the table.

 

Soon Luhan left their table, Kai sighed.

“What’s wrong? Did you guys fight?” Sehun looked at Kyungsoo, the latter shook his head.

“But sunbae’s always so patient, what happened?” Shinah sighed, Kai made a face as he turned away.

“Maybe it’s the diet.” Sehun nodded, Chanyeol just shook his head.

“But she has to eat right.” Kyungsoo sighed before going back to his meal again, Shinah glanced at him, her brows furrowed.

 

 

 

Ryeowon looked at her salad, she sighed before tossing it out on the trash. She was at the rooftop again, evading everyone.

“So, really going with the “I need to be light” thing.”

She looked up, Luhan gave her a smile and handed her a green colored drink.

“What’s this?”

“A smoothie. Don’t worry, I asked them to make it as light as possible.” He smiled before sitting beside her.

“Thanks.” She murmured.

“Do you get this testy when the game’s nearing?”

“Not really, I just..maybe it’s the stress. So, have you been trying the places I showed you?”

“The barbeque pub? Yeah I did, it was fun.”

“Don’t tell me you went alone?” She asked, Luhan chuckled.

“No, there are other exchange students in the campus as well, would you like to meet them?”

“Sure, yeah.” She nodded, then Luhan offered his hand to her.

“Then, how about you keep that smile on your face and we go down? Your cousin’s quite worried you left.”

Ryeowon bit her lip, but Luhan leaned down and pushed the corners of upward. Her eyes widened, but Luhan’s laugh made her relax.

 

“There’s my miss Cheerleader.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++