Chapter 6

Here Comes the Younger Byun!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

idk what's currently going on in my life but I'M JUST GONNA ROLL WITH IT

Exams got me like 

♫ Coffee - BTS ♫

I went towards where Kyuhyun sunbae or should I say oppa was pointing and found a girl with slightly chubby cheeks who honestly doesn't look a day over 16 who I assumed was Wendy.
"Hi! I'm Wendy, as you probably know from my flirtatious coworker," she said, her smile turning into a look of disgust at the thought of Kyuhyun.

Glad I'm not the only who thought that.

The older girl introduced herself and I found out that she was a vocal major and a year older than me. I wonder if she knows Baekhyun— then again I hope she doesn't.

"Uh, Kyuhyun asked me to ask you for an apron?" I told her.

"Oh, here you go," she told me, handing me a black apron, "there isn't really a dress code for the staff here as long as it's comfortable and not too revealing you'll be fine." She led me out to the counter after I finished tying my apron and showed me the ins and outs of the cafe. She said that since I'm a newbie I can learn the basics of what you need to know while working here while before and after work hours so that I can actually work during the hours the cafe is open. Then I was introduced to Seokjin or as he likes to be called, Jin, a psychology major at Seoul National University. The tall baker that was the mastermind of all of the sweets that the cafe produces daily. Despite his tall appearance, he is very much a gentle giant and is kind to every person around him. 

"Annyeonghaseyo! You must be the new person I heard talking to Wendy, I'm Seokjin, but you can call me Jin! I hope you enjoy working with us!" he told me with a bow.

"I'm Soojin, and oddly enough my older brother calls me Jin-jin, but you can call me whatever you want," I told him.

"Ooh, yay! I LOVE making nicknames for my coworkers! You see, I'm Jin, obviously, Wendy is Hamtaro because she looks like a cute hamster, and Kyuhyun hyung is Gumiho."

"Why is he Gumiho?" I asked wondering why out of all of the names he could have he has the name of the Korean mythical creature.

"Because he looks like a fox but calling him 'yeou' would be awkward," he replied excitedly. I think I'll like this one.

"Okay... So what would my nickname be?" I cautiously asked him. 

I swear if that oversized fairy nicknames me something that relates to me looking like Shin Se Kyung WHICH I DON'T I'm going to lose all of the faith I had in him

"Ummmmm, we don't really know your personality very well, so when I am able to think of one I'll be sure to tell you!" he said before warmly smiling at me and getting back to frosting the mini-cake he was decorating.

"Also, Soojin," Wendy added as she handed me a clipboard with a pencil, "write down your contacts and an emergency contact just in case we need to reach you on this clipboard and also copy down our contacts so we can keep in touch."

"Okay," I replied as I wrote down all of their contacts and copied them into my phone under their respective nicknames.

"Soojin, do you have any culinary experience?" Jin asked me as he finished the final details on the cake he was about to put out on display.

"Not really, but I used to be a barista at this café for senior citizens and I'm the one who does the cooking at home," I said, trying my best not to sound stupid since I legitimately have zero experience with coffee except the semester I worked at a senior citizen day care as a barista for volunteer hours. 

"Since you probably only know the very basics of being a barista I'll teach you some tricks and stuff during your first week here," Wendy offered.

She got a small steel pitcher out from the pile of clean dishes and filled the pitcher with milk and then put the steaming wand in the pitcher. She then gave the pitcher a firm tap on the counter, which Wendy explained was to get rid of any air bubbles in the steamed milk, and got one of the cups of espresso that she brewed earlier and started to demonstrate how to create latte art. She said that a steady, controlled hand is key kind of like in piano...

HAHAHA... Did no one get my pun? Because she said that a steady, controlled hand is key when making latte art and same with playing piano, and there are keys on pianos... Get it?

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY JOKES.

No wonder Baekhyun is considered the "funny" child in our family. But I'm not jealous that people understand his jokes... And I'm TOTALLY not being passive aggressive right now. 

"So how about you try it yourself?" Wendy asked.

"Ummmmm, okay."

"And don't worry about doing well, it's nearly impossible to do it perfectly on your first try." 

Well that's reassuring

I first steamed the milk aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter