Mundane

Chanyeol FM

Baekhyun sighed as he looked out the window. He observed that the sky was clear and today's weather was just nice. Dandy. A jolly day. Beautiful weather. Very delightful. And there was him feeling oh-so...bored.

 

The train was moving at great speed and he saw villagers with their straw hats on, working in the paddy field. Small children could also be seen playing with each other on the dirt road. In the background, he knew that there was a village around there as well as a small town far yonder.

And as the train moved a little farther, it was a change of scenery. He sees trees,trees and more trees. Probably saw a monkey there but he could be imagining.

Where he was going wasn't exactly a jungle or a forest. It was a boarding school that was located far from the hustle and bustle of the city like Hogwarts or the X-Mansion. He wishes he'd be going to those kind of schools where magic is real and learning to control his powers to save the world but...no. Just plain old Miracles Boarding School for the rich and for those who are academically well off for a scholarship. 

You'd think Miracles Boarding School would be filled with snotty, wealthy arsed kids who came to school by helicopters or sports cars but that's just the minority of them. Heck, Baekhyun's never even seen anyone ride a fancy schmancy motorbike to class. Miracles is pretty much humble and the reason it's popularity isn't filled with those bratty-types is because most parents of higher class refuse to send their children to such a place since the location wasn't worth bragging about.

 

Usually, it's the kind of parents who are involved with charity work or world organizations find Miracles to be a nice environment for their children to be educated. They were hopeful that sending them here would avoid them growing up pampered. The fees weren't even that expensive too. 

And no, he wasn't being sent off because his parents hated him like you hear something out of a typical Korean drama. Long story short, his parents went there when they were teenagers and gushed about their amazing high school days since Baekhyun could even start reading. So, they thought it was too best for Baekhyun to go there as well. Baekhyun didn't mind. Rather, he thinks it would lessen his parents burden if he wasn't around, thinking that they could use some time for themselves. 

Actually, this is Baekhyun's second year. He already went through the freshman phase, learned all about the great and horrible things you can find in highschool but overall, it was just fine.

 

Baekhyun absent mindedly ran his thumb over the pages of his book, growing more and more sleepy. He closed his eyes to take in the moment. He'll be back to Miracles Boarding School and continue his usual student routine. Friends, classes, horrible teachers , homework , suprisingly edible canteen food, procrastinate till exams are around the corner and so much more. 

 

'Well, another boring year to live through. It's fine Baek, you'll survive. Besides, when does anything exciting ever happen in your life?'

 

But then again, life isn't always so mundane.

 

It's a roller coaster.

 

And Baekhyun's life is about to reach the peak.