[2/3]

Notebook

 

So I wrote this, and my laptop, being a crappy one, deleted all my work. So yeah...

This was a very unmotivated chapter... >^< //wants to cry in a hole

ANYWAYS

--

WooHyun pov.

Oh he didn't recognize me. I don't blame him though, I probably changed a lot more than he expected. I sigh heavily as I walk into my room. My parents aren't back home yet I guessed. The apartment was hauntingly silent. It was a big apartment too, which made it even more haunting. I sigh as I walk into the kitchen. There was a meal and a note stuck onto it

WooHyun-ah,

your father an I have an important meeting to attend to,

sorry for the short notice,

I made you dinner so enjoy! Heat it up! Don't eat it cold!

Love

Mom

I sigh. I should get used to this right? But I just wish that they were there when I needed them the most. I wish I could tell them about my problems. I just wish, honestly, that SungGyu could recognize me and reclaim me as his best friend... I shake my head violently. It's my fault for not notifying him before. And I didn't tell MyungSoo anything because he doesnt know how to shut up. I don't want to just tell SungGyu, that would be no fun at all. I  heat my food and start eating. After I finished, I placed the palte gently in the sink and went to the shower. In the shower, I sang a couple of songs and came out, wrapping myself in a huge towel. I lazily walked to my room and jumped on my bed. Without knowing, within minutes, my heavy eyelids fell down and drifted to sleep.

>>Dream/Flashback

I was sitting in my seat. I had no friends during elementary school. I got made fun of for not having a father for family sports day, and no one really payed attention to me. I rested my head on the desk and I slowly drifted alseep, not caring that I was using my lunch break to sleep.

--

I woke up when I heard out teacher yelling at the other students to return to the classroom. I groggily woke up and positioned myself more comfortably, and sat up. The kid that sat next to me, Kim SungGYu was very popular among the class. He was very cute and goodlooking, he also had a very nice personality. His best friend, or as I call him SungGyu's wingman, MyungSoo sat next to him, laughing at any witty comments WooHyun cracked throughout the class. I always dreamt about hanging out with him, but he wouldn't dare make an action. That would be embarrassing. 

--

After class ended, I would always walk behind SungGyu and MyungSoo since we lived in the same neighborhood. I'm pretty sure they didn't notice, but I sure did. I would always walk a few meters behind them so I wouldn't be called a stalker or any misunderstandings like that. This was how all my days went. Until that day.

--

I was doing what I usually do during lunch time, take a nap. What I didn't know was that I left my notebook out on my desk one day. It was my favorite one, it was a blue color with a star in the middle which was purple. I woke up during lunch because I felt something shift under me. I slowly lifted my head up, looking up to see a playful grin plastered on SungGyu's face. startled, I almost fell out of my chair, earning a chuckle from him. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

"I got bored with everyone. It's the same everyday. So I decided to find you." he said with a cheeky grin, making me slightly blush. "You're WooHyun right?" he asks and I shyly nod. "I'mm SungGyu. Pleasure to meet you." I smile and nod, while looking down. I was really surprised that he was talking to me. I scoot my chair up to see my notebook with a word written on it. It said 'Namstar and Leadergyu' on it. I looked at SungGyu with a wtf face. SungGyu stumbled back. "Haha sorry~ I saw your empty notebook and I couldn't resist writing on it." But truthfully, I was glad he wrote on my notebook.

--

After than day, MyungSoo, SungGyu, and I became close friends. We did a lot of thigs together. I ended up using that notebook throughout elementary school because it was special and it was a 5 subject notebook. During middle school though, my father told me. 

"We're moving WooHyun-ah."

I froze. "Sorry dad I didn't hear you clearly." I said, tears already filling my eyes. My vision was getting blurry and my dad shook his head.

"Sorry WooHyun. Your mother and I are getting transfered to Seoul. We're moving out of DaeGu tomorrow."

"W-why didn't you tell me before?" I sniff and my dad looks at me apologetically. 

"I- You looked so happy and I didn't want to ruin it."

"... o-ok." I slowly said as tears streamed down my face.

--

The next morning, MyungSoo and SungGyu happily waved at me and motioned to me to come up. I smile back weakly. I thought that I should make this the best day ever until I have to leave tonight, so I decided to put on a smile at all times. I genuinely over time sadly, became too attached to SungGyu. I couldn't bear being apart from him. He was half of my heart. It hurt so badly thinking about the fact that tonight might be the last night I get to stay with him. I just couldn't help the pain. It was too much. MyungSoo and SungGyu look at me confusingly. Maybe it's too obvious.

"You okay Namstar?" SungGyu asked, poking the side of my arm. I force a smile. 

"Yeah I am. Just afraid how bad I'm going to do on that math test."

"ME TOO!" MyungSoo blurted, and we started cracking up. After that, I became more happy and just like how I was yesterday.

When school ended, the dismissal of the teacher never hurt more in my life. My heart was stinging from the pain. I couldn't keep it back. Tears started flowing from my eyes when everyone else except for SungGyu and MyungSoo left. The two looked at me with horrified looks. They ran up to me.

"Did you get a F on the math test too? It's okay that's what I got." MyungSoo tried, and I shook my head slightly.

"I can tutor you?" SungGyu's offer made my heart hurt even more. The thought of him tutoring me was like a dream, yet a dream that couldn't be fufilled. I just start to cry harder.

"Good Job SungGyu. Your perfection and bragging in math made him feel worse." MyungSoo scolded, and SungGyu widened his eyes.

"Sorry WooHyun! I didn't mean to-."

"I'm leaving." I quietly said.

"What?! I'm sorry I didn't want to make you that mad! Don't leave." SungGyu pleaded.

"No." I whisper. "I'm moving." and there was silence.

--

We walked back home together in silence. I guess you could say, no one had the guts to say anything during our walk back home. Our aura wasn't the bright, happy aura we walked back with everyday, it was the opposite. I felt like crying. It's my fault for making them like this. It's all my fault. But it's better than never telling them... right? I thought as we stopped at MyungSoo's house. He gave me a tight hug. 

"You better come visit me you babo! Or I'll give you a fine! And make sure you email me! Or I will spam your box like a virus!" He said strongly and let go. He waved at me and SungGyu and I left for his house. Our walk was really awkward. No one spoke, No one was going to speak. And I guess I was fine with that. When we reached SungGyu's house, without any goodbyes, he started walking to his house. My heart felt like it fell out and shattered in a million pieces. But as I saw him walk, I saw him bring his arm up and it looked like he was rubbing his face. He looked like he was going to turn around, but he just went into the house. I guess you could say that that hurt like hell. I never felt so much pain in my life. I clutched my shirt where my heart was. 

I never knew love could hurt so much.

--

When I reached my house, our house looked so empty. Boxes piled up in the living room, but nothing else was there. I sigh heavily. “I’m home.” I said quietly and two figures appear from their room.

“WooHyun I’m sorry.” My mom told me sadly. I just curtly nod.

“Can we just go now? I don’t want to stay here anymore.” My voice cracked and tears started welling up. My parents nodded and they called the moving men in, and they brought out the boxes one by one. In 10 minutes, the sofa, the TV, everything was gone. I look back at my house one more time. “Bye.” I whisper and I walked out of the door for the last time.

--

In the car, we passed SungGyu’s house. “I love you…” I barely whisper and I start sobbing quietly so that my parents up in the front of the moving truck couldn’t hear. I took out my ipod and I put the songs on random. And of course a sad song comes up.

An Dwe, Jeong Mahl An Dwe,

Ee Mahl eul ha gie gah, nuh muh doo luh woe,

Geu rae suh, nuh moth bohn guh yah,

Ooh ree an dwe, jeong mahl Ahn dwe,

O chap hee sarang ha meon an dwe neun geot. Ah rah.

(YoSeop’s ‘NO’ a Poseidon OST)

I whisper along with the song, hoping that all my memories would disappear from my mind.

--

I emailed MyungSoo often, but SungGyu never replied to his emails, no matter how many times I sent emails to him. I told MyungSoo on how I felt about SungGyu, and MyungSoo said it was pretty obvious. I emailed him frequently during middle school. Eventually MyungSoo and I stopped as well, and I lost my two best friend’s contacts. I soon became really emotionless towards things and I just focused on what I was going to become. Because to me, that’s all that mattered right now.

 

--

I became a model for an entertainment company. They saw me at one of my dad’s meetings and they asked me to become an idol for their product. I agreed, I thought a job could help me become more distracted with life. I nodded and shook the man’s hands, and my parents looked at me with proud expressions. At least someone in their life is getting what they want.

--

My family got very rich, and myself individually was also rich, and I was very popular. I starred in dramas, became models for good magazines and I had tones of fans, both guys and girls. My fan base was big compared to my competitors, which made them jealous. I honestly didn’t care about popularity though. I just wish that SungGyu could see me right now. I wish that he was one of my fans. I wish, that he would email me at least once. But I knew that wasn’t going to happen. I just held my impatience in and waited.

--

One day, my dad came home with a bright smile. “I have great news.” He said.

“Did they accept my college application?” I ask, and my dad looks at me with a w-t-f expression.

“You’re still in high school son! But no, I got no such thing. But, we’re moving back to DaeGu!” he exclaimed.

“…” I just stared at him. “Really?”

“Yes! The entertainment decided that it would be good for you to feel more high school life. They think it might help with your acting as well! So I asked them if you could go to a high school in DaeGu, and they said yes!” he chirped. My heart slightly fluttered. Maybe I could catch SungGyu or MyungSoo again. I smiled at the thought.

--

When the car stopped, the guards came with me. It was a tad annoying, but I guess that’s what I get in return for the fact I’m going to stay in DaeGu. The principal was really nice. His name was Lee JinKi, but called Onew for some reason. He was a very outgoing and caring person, and he tried to get all of the girls away from me when I came in through the 3rd year student building. Onew stopped a boy with very similar features as SungGyu did; he has a cute, yet pointy small nose, his shaggy hair, and small eyes that curved perfectly into an eye smile. The principal told the boy that he would be showing me around today. He boy looked in surprise and started confessing before he spoke. Onew playfully scolded him, and continued on what he was saying. How cute.

 I was kind of happy in the inside. I was happy that I got a SungGyu look a like for my ambassador. I was also happy that there was a chance that this boy, could be the boy who he’s been craving for years.

--

"What's your name?" he asked me

 

"Nam WooHyun. I prefer Namstar though."I said playfully

 

"Okay WooHyun. I'll show you around. What's his homeroom?"

 

"The same as yours SungGyu." The principal said as he turned to walk.SungGyu? That’s his name? That made my hope rise even more. But my heart fell as soon as I realized that SungGyu didn’t recognize me. I sigh quietly so that no one could catch it.                                

 

"So are these guys going to follow us everywhere?" he asks, widening his eyes. He really has pretty eyes.

 

Ichuckles. "No, you guys can go. I'll see you after school." I told the guards and they nodded as they headed out

 

"Thanks I thought they were going to kill me with their eyes. Anyways follow me."He said smiling

 

"Okay." I replied. He had an expression that gave me hope that he was trying to remember something but, the expression quickly disappeared and he started walking, and I followed him closely.

--

My alarm rang, and I try to reach it, and I hit the button. That felt like a long flashback dream thing. I sigh as I notice that I have no clothes on. Whoops… I remark looking at my body. I grab a uniform from my closet and run to the kitchen. “Morning mom.” I say as I see her smiling.

“Morning Hyunnie~.” She replies as she puts a plate in front of me. “Eat this before you go okay hun?”

“Kay.” I say, as I quickly eat my food. I make sure to put the notebook that SungGyu wrote on years ago. Yes I still had it with me. It was the only thing I had from him. The notebook was new though, the cover was the same old one from elementary. I hope he notices it. Maybe he’ll see who I am then. I giggle at the thought and I run out the door. “Bye mom!” I yell as I run out, heading inside the limo.

I hope he finally recognizes me. I want to tell him about my feelings.

--

Lalala, One more chapter to go. It’s probably going to be twice the size of this one. Maybe I’ll extend it, or maybe I’ll just cut it off. Who knows lol.