Hibblebong bingbag

Vanquish the Devil

"So, what inspired you to start writing poetry?" Wonshik and Hongbin walked down the autumn streets filled with multicolored brown leaves, the latter of the two kicking small piles of the leaves to scatter them in the wind. Hongbin smiled at the question, but didn't answer right away. 

"... well, I've had some challenges to over come in my life, ones where nobody helped me, so I wanted to help others who are also going through that because life is full of sadness and disappointment." He left it at that,hoping Wonshik would pry too much. He wasn't ready to talk about that. Not yet. 

God, everyting he says is poetic, like what the heck Wonshik couldn't help but think to himself as this brown headed boy stepped to the curb to teeter with his arms slightly extended for balance. A chilling night breeze blew around them causeing Hongbin to fall towards the busy street. Hongbin could barely regester what happened before he was grabbed by his wrist and brought into a solid chest. Wonshik's arms wrapped protectively around his torso, tight, but not squeezing.

"Let's get inside somewhere. It's a little chilly tonight," Wonshik dropped his arms and tried to pretend that didn't just happen. He just met the guy, he didn't want any awkwardness or between them, he wanted Hongbin to not associate such things with him

They found an open Waffle House and sat in a booth by the window. They entered around six thirty but didnt leave until close to ten o'clock. They shared stories, learned new things about each other, told dumb jokes, and so on. Wonshik learned that Hongbin has only three years of college because he had to find a job to keep his appartment to avoid moving back home. Hongbin learned that Wonshik only went to poetry night because his job as a personal chef for an arrogant man was casusing him emotional stress for having to deal with Seokjin on a daily basis. They continued learning more and more abouot each other until Wonshik's phone went off. 

"I'm so sorry, my friend I went with to the bar is calling me. I'll be one second," Wonshik excused himself and took the call by the door. "Hey Taek... What do you mean N is stallking you? Was he at the poetry thing?... Just leave then... No I will not drive you home, I'm not about to get invovled! Plus I'm busy... No you can't join us... I don't know, get Jaewhan to get rid of him!.. That's YOUR problem... Can you not bring that up right now?... I'm hanging up." Wonshik returned to his seat as Hongbin restrained from laughing "You heard all of that, didn't you?" Wonshik blushed red and hid his face on the table. Hongbin just giggled and reached out to pat him on the arm.

"Hey, it sounds like your friend could use some some help? Do I smell an adventure brewing?" Wonshik looked up with slight horror showing on his face. 

"We do NOT want to get invovled with N. He's the devil rencarnated," He whispered the last part with a terrified expression. 

"He can't be that bad, can he?" Wonshik's furious head shaking made Hongbin think otherwise immediantly.

"Listen, we need to sta-" Wonshik's words were cut off when the door to the Waffle House slammed open, revealing a frighened man with cat eyes and a small mouth that was panting from perhaps running for his life.

"Taekwoo-" "There you are! He's on my tail, come on, let's go!" The man ran over and grabbed at Wonshik's wrist. Hongbin's eyes meet his and Taekwoon immediately slowed down. Is Wonshik on a date with that guy who- Taekwoon stopped himself. He didn't need worry about that right now. They were all in danger. Taekwoon grabbed Hongbin's wrist as well andd turned to Wonshik. "He comes as well." 

The three of them ran out of the waffle hosue and took off to the parking lot that Wonshik's car was parked in. The three of them got to the driver's sie of the car and Wonshik quickly got into the driver's seat as Taekwoon opened the door behind Wonshik and pushed Hongbin in, climbing in behind him. "DRIVE" Taekwoon squeeled and Wonshik turned the engine on. He was barely able to put the car in reverse before a thud sounded on the hood. Whatever the was in front of the car was definitely not human. A tanned head that held small features of a beautiful, weasel-like face with perfect black hair was staring into their souls. That's where it stopped being human. The head sat  on top of a very long black neck of a creature that looked like an unnaturally skinny horse thing. The hooves of this beast had created slight indents where they landed on the hood. It let out a demonic laugh, but thinking quickly, Wonshik switched gears to drive and floored it into the beast, throwing it backwards. That created a blood curdling screach from the maw of the creature. Wonshik went into reverse and booked it out of the parking lot. Taekwoon was hiding behind Wonshik's seat hoping that the creature woulddn't see him and therefore would not chase after them. 

"WHAT THE ACTUAL " Hongbin was at his wit's end.

"That's N. My ex."

"HOW THE DO YOU DATE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?"

"Carefully. He has a huge temper."

"DID YOU BREAK UP WITH HIM?" Hongbin was fearing for his life.

"Yeah, like last week. He wasn't very considerate of what I gave up for the relationship. It was all about him. I needed to end it."

"YOU SPEAK LIKE THIS WAS AN AVERAGE RELATIONSHIP. DID YOU SEE HIS BODY? THAT'S NOT HUMAN."

Wonshik needed to explain because if he let it keep going between the two of them, Taek would not be very helpful. "Oi, you two, stop. Hongbin, Taekwoon has a weird type-"

"YOU MEAN THAT'S NOT THE ONLY EXTRETERRESTRIAL EX OF TAEKWOON'S?"

"He has a heart, you name caller, He's not from sapce!"

"FINE, HELLISH, WHATEVER."

"TAEK" Wonshik called to his friend as Taekwoon turned to him with a slightly appalled look on his face. "Hongbin, don't you worry about any of Taek's other ex's. we've dealt with them. Don't worry, We'll head to my boss's house and then from there we'll go to the safe hosue on the west coast." Wonshik tried to calm Hongbin down.

"I DON'T KNOW YOU PEOPLE, LET ME OUT. I DON'T WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS."

Hongbin's words were lost when the creature, N, appeared to their right, running at the same speed as the car. Rather than just having the abnormal horse body, he has also grown purplish bat-like wings that beat every few steps and a long skinny tail with three tentacle things on the end, similar to a grappling hook. He Screeched again and rammed into the passenger's side with it's body. Wonshik slammed the breaks and N continued to sprint. 

"TAEKWOONIE" N screamed as the car to a side road, out of N's sight. Wonshik turned into a tunnel that was illuminated by orange safety lights. N's screams grew distant the further they travelled. 

"We'll be at Seokjin's soon enough and then from there, it's about a day's journey to Mokpo."

Why is Wonshik so calm about this? Is this not the first time it has happened? Am I in a car with a bunch of nut cases? Hongbin was going to go crazy with them.

Oh, poor Hongbin.

 

 

 


this is what happens when i go into a fic with nothing other than a simple 'how they meet' prompt. this quickly turned into a crack fic and im sorry

heres what N looks like in this fic 

i had fun making that picture