Beanbin twinklebuns

Vanquish the Devil

A small bell tinkered when the dusty glass door swung open for Taekwoon and Wonshik. The dark headed elder grabbed the latter by the forearm and proceeded to drag him to the first open table of their favorite bar. Taekwoon had been hyping this event for the last two weeks, while Wonshik on the other hand, had no idea what this was or that he was going until Taekwoon appeared at his appartment thirty minutes prior. They sat at the worn wooden table just to the left of the stage and watched as others came streaming in.

Wonshik let out a pained groan. "If this is something intellectual, I'm leaving right now. You still havent properly explained what's going on," He stared into Taekwoon. "It may be a tad intellectual. Poetry." Wonshik made a distressed face. "UGH I'm leaving." He started to rise before abruptly being pulled back down by a hand on his same forearm as earlier. Something in Taekwoon's eyes compelled him to slam back into his chair. 

"You'll enjoy this, I'm sure. I know you could use a break from reality right now. This usually helps me clear my head after a particularly stressful time. There's also plenty of pretty people performing," Taekwoon hummed as he broke their eye contact to get a glance at the poets preparing themselves by the bar. Wonshik could use some time to gather his thoughts in a collected way. His last week of work had him higher strung than most weeks. Wonshik was accepting his fate as more people were filling the tables of the smallish bar. Wonshik was surprised at how popular this seemed to be. There couldn't possibly be this many poetry enthusiasts in this city. The chances of those people being pretty AND sane was probably too much to ask the universe. Take Taekwoon for example. Beautiful, but deadly and silent. He attracted equally beautiful and insane people. Like his last boyfriend. That guy is crazy. 

As the crowd settled down, a young guy with purplish hair stepped up onto the stage and in front of the microphone. "Welcome to The Violet Tavern!" His voice positively rang out to the crowd. "We're so glad you could make it out tonight to cheer on local poets. My name's Hyuk, and I thank you! Give it up for our first poet of the night, from the west end of town, Hongbin!" The crowd hooted and hollered as a strong built man with darkish brown hair and equally dark eyes sorta stumbled onto the stage. He wore a black and white geometrically printed shirt with black leather pants that had multiple zippers where the pockets would be. He seemed to be more nervous than confident as to his eyes were widening as he looked around the bar. At first he glanced over Wonshik, but then did a double take that would be hard to miss if you weren't watching for it. But Wonshik was. He was immeddiatley pleased that Hongbin had seen him and couldn't get over how pretty Hongbin was. From his perfect cheek bones, to the size of his thighs, Wonshik wanted to learn every curve of his body. His thin silver bracelet jingled almost silently as he reached up to move his bangs from his eyes. More silver caught Wonshik's eyes as Hongbon brought his hand down. Wonshik noticed a couple safety pins on the collar of his shirt, not quiet sure the purpose for them being there besides effect. Hongbin cleared his throat. 

"Hollow Bones," Hongbin's voice sounded a little insecure for as confidently he was standing on the stage. He closed his eyes for a brief time and exhaled. He beagn:

Small victories count too

aim for one at a time

for now, rest

When you wake up, the world will come around

It's not what it seems, not in the land of dreams

it'll be better when the morning comes

just float until motivation finds you

The words swam around Wonshik's head. They offered the advise he needed to hear most. Wonshik was clapping stongly as Hongbin finished. Wonshik's applaudding died faster than it started because no one else was clapping. Wonshik turned redder than his jacket when Taekwoon leaned over and whispered "You're supposed to snap after a performaance. You ruined the atmosphere." His eyes did not meet Wonshik's. Since everyone's attention was already on Wonshik, he found it best to leave right then. He glanced back at Hongbin on the stage who just stood there with blugging eyes. Wonshik looked away so Hongbin couldn't remeber him. Wonshik needed a drink. He made his way to the back of the bar and ordered a shot of whiskey. The bartender, Jaehwan, knew Wonshik was a regular, but also knew that he had never been to one of these poetry nights. He gave him a kind smile and poured his liquor in front of him. He didn't quiet know how to make him feel  better, so Jaewhan left him be and went off to the other end of the bar to assist other customers. ing A, Wonshik, he thought to himself. Any chance with that beaut Hongbin is ruined after you embarassing him like that. He downed his shot. 

"Please don't beat yourself up, I probably woiuld have done the same." Wonshik turned his head a small bit and was shocked to see none other than Hongbin himself. He set down a small notebook as he took the barstool next to Wonshik.

"Is it obvious I've never been here?"

"Well, to tell you the truth, this is my first time at one of these as well." Hongbin said looking down. Wonshik was again, genuinely surprised again. "I was really nervous up there, never coming to a poetry night and going first. Like, what the heck is the protocal for this? The Hyuk kid told me next to nothing before he kicked it off. I had zero time to even observe and figure it out myself." He left no time for Wonshik to collect his thoughts (or his breath, he was fidgety with someone this pretty so close to him. they were almost touching elbows for Christ's sake!). Hongbin turned his head so he could make eye contact with Wonshik. "I'm Hongbin!" He said reaching an arm out for Wonshik to meet.

"Wonshik. Sorry if I embarassed you up there, I was just really moved by your poem." He meet Hongbin's hand. They shared a small moment of silence before Wonshik spoke up again. "What brought you here?"

Hongbin let out a small smile that hide pain. "You're going to laugh at me. My mother suggested that I get some fresh air. Alright, laugh it out."

Wonshik grinned "No no, that's sweet. She must care about you." Hongbin looked a tad anxious when Wonshik responded. Wonshik sensed it may be sore topic so he movedd to conversation onwards. "But like I said ear-" "Hey everyone, let's welcome out next guest, Youngmin!" A smallish young man stepped up to the mic as soft snapping errrupted. Wonshik looked back to Hongbin. "Do you wanna get out of here after this guys goes?" Hongbin showed him two pretty dimples as he smiled and nodded to him. 

150503- this is the picture of hb that i was basing his appearence off of. i had it saved to my phone but then i had to go and look for the url. dont ask me how i managed to find the exact picture and some how the date of the performance

AHHhhhhh! first chapter is up!!!! let me know how it is and what you want to see more of ^-^ (original poem by me)