Chapter 92

COFFEE PRINCESS

 

I walked down the staircase. I feel like I’m carrying the whole world. I feel like being drowned. I didn’t attend my class. I stayed at the place where Donghae oppa and I used to stay whenever we have vacant times. I do not know why I went there. I just found myself sitting under the cherry blossom tree hugging my knees as I shed tears. I received messages and missed calls from Kyuhyun asking me where the heck I am. I stared at my phone.  26 messages and 35 missed calls. I didn’t bother reading all the messages so I clicked the Back button of my phone. Seeing my wallpaper which is the first picture of us together made me crook a smile on my face.

I couldn’t believe I just broke up with him. I didn’t even know why I did that. Thinking of this, I heard someone shouting.

“MY PRINCESS!” he shouted. “F---forgive me!”

I looked for him in that place and he was a bit far from where I am. I hide myself from that tree as I watch him kneel down the grass. He’s not aware of me being there hearing everything he was saying. He was crying so hard that I feel like enveloping him in my arms.

“J---Jeongmal m---mianhe!” he keeps on repeating these words. Stop this already! I don’t wanna see him like this! I’m sorry oppa. I wanna say sorry too. He laid down the grasses, his hands on his face. I caused him too much pain and I’m being eaten up by my conscience. I watched him cry all over his tears from behind. It was very painful, I know.

We stayed there for how many hours yet he didn’t know I was there the whole time. I noticed he wasn’t moving at all and I concluded he was asleep. I slowly walked to him and I saw his tears continuously flowing down his face. I sat down to see a clearer view of him. I softly wiped his tears away. I took off the necklace he gave me and placed it in his hands. I kissed his forehead, his nose, his cheeks, his eyes and his lips like what he used to do to me back then. I gently caressed his face before leaving.

 

DONGHAE’s POV

Forgive me my princess. Please forgive me! I didn’t know I fell asleep. I dreamt of her. She kissed me all over my face. She wiped my tears away. She caressed my hair. I woke up and the next thing I know, I was holding the necklace I gave her back then. Is this a reality or I am still dreaming? I shook my head and I found out I wasn’t dreaming any longer. I stood up right away and hope I could find her here. I looked around hoping I could see her.  I know she went here. I know it!

 

______’s POV

I didn’t attend any of my class this day and I didn’t go to CCW either. I was in my house after I came from school. I can’t believe this day will really come. I thought it wouldn’t happen. I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Mom is still not home and it’s already late in the afternoon. I decided to cook for her since we haven’t shared a dinner for how many days already. Just then, I heard knocks on the door.

“Nugu?” I asked still busy chopping some ingredients. I heard no answer so I rushed to the door to check who knocked. As soon as I opened the door, Kyuhyun barged in and started yelling at me.

“Why were you not answering my calls? You didn’t reply to my texts either! Do you know how worried I was?”

“Mian...”  I said and went right away to the table.

“Yah!” he yelled. “Where did you go the whole day? I searched for you everywhere, do you know that?”

“No need to worry. I’m just alright. Thank you for your concern.” I said. “Now if you have nothing to say, you may go!” I get back to work.

“What’s wrong with you now?” he asked and stood right in front me. “Did something happen that you’re acting this way?”

“Just go home!”

“Mworago? You made me worry a lot and now you’re saying I should go home right away? Michyeoso?”

“Probably... I think I’m really crazy now!” I uttered. I saw his eyebrows crossed and he looked confused. “You don’t know anything about this, do you?” I asked him and chuckled.

“How do I know if you didn’t tell me about this yet?”

“Never mind...” My eyes get watery again. I continued chopping the garlic and onion. “Aigoo... blame this onion, my eyes hurt a bit.”

“Are you alright?” he asked me.

“Of course!” I faked a smile, trying hard to control my tears. “Hurry and go back home.”

“I don’t like!” he strongly insisted. “I don’t wanna go home yet.”

“I SAID GO!” Suddenly, I became furious for no reason. “Can’t you understand? I said GO!”

I saw him looked flabbergasted but I am so heated that I feel like I don’t even care.

 “Seeing you like this, I know you’re not okay.” He said. “It’s alright if you don’t tell me, I understand. But you’re making it too hard for yourself.”

 I saw him nearing me and I just couldn’t help myself but to cry. “I’m alright. I am!” I said.

Just then, I felt his arms wrapped on me. “Don’t pretend you’re alright if you’re not. It’s okay to cry.” He said.

I was speechless when he held me tight in his arms. I can only look at him.

“Hurry and cook. I wanna eat, too.” He smiled and I was like Damn you! I’m still emoting here and you come out telling me to cook ASAP. I immediately grabbed the knife and continued to do what I was doing earlier. He watched me cook then later I heard his tummy growled. I couldn’t help but chuckle after hearing it.

“That hungry?” I asked.

“It doesn’t mean anything. Just cook!” he said and kneaded his tummy.

Just then, I heard the door creaked and saw omma holding 2 bags of food.

“Omma? Did you buy that?” I asked.

“Ah  yeah~~ I thought you’re gonna be late again.” She said and didn’t notice Kyuhyun in front me yet.

“But I’m cooking dinner here!”

“Gwenchana! We’re gonna eat all those!” Kyuhyun smirked. “Jangmonim (mother-in-law), Anyeong!” he smiled at my mom and stood up to give her a hug.

“Oh sawi (son-in-law)!” My mom exclaimed and hugged him. “Aigoo! Since when did you arrive?”

“I arrived in Korea last week. Why, you didn’t know?”

“Jeongmal molla! She didn’t tell me.”

“This girl really!” Kyuhyun smirked at me. “What are those?” he asked and pointed at the bags mom was holding.

“Fish cake.....rice cake...... tteokbokki ...... and kimbap.” My mom smiled while showing him all those foods. “Do you eat these?”

“Of course Jangmonim!” Kyuhyun chuckled and began eating all those.

“Eat everything sawi. It’s alright if you eat all those. You look really hungry.” She watches him with a big grin on her face. Arasso omma, let him eat everything and don’t spare me some. I sighed. Later, I heard him burped. I look at him and he finished eating all those. My eyes grew wider seeing the empty plastics.

“You really finished all those?!” I asked.

“Honestly, I still want more.” He faked a smile.

“ Mwo? Not full yet?” I wondered and he nodded.

“Ara... Palli uri ttal, I’ll continue cooking that and you go buy again for my son-in-law.”  She held the ladle and pushed me aside.

“Jangmonim, can I go with her?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Of course you can.” She smiled. “Come back quickly arasso?”

 

 Kyuhyun and I went outside to buy all those foods he wanna eat. “I can’t believe you ate everything.”

“Wae do you wanna eat those too?”

“Forget it. We’re going to buy again anyway.” I smirked.

We continued to walk to the market and silence covered us both. I saw him looking at me and gazed at the skies above.

“I’ve been trying to see some stars tonight, but how can I when you are shining so bright in here?” he said and we both smiled.

“Stop joking!”  

“You look cold.” He said.

“Yeah, a bit.”

“Here, use my jacket.” He took off his jacket and wore it on me.

“Kamsahae...” I smiled. “I wonder why my omma likes you so much.”

“Eh?”

“She likes you very much. You’re too close.”

“Ah... It’s because I’m going to be his son-in-law.” He crossed his arms over his chest.

“Are you that confident?” I asked him.

“Of course!” he smiled ear to ear.

“Donghae oppa and I just broke up this morning.” I told him and he was surprised.

“MWO?”

“I decided to end our relationship a while back.”

“Why suddenly?”

“I just need to.” I simply said. “We’re hurting each other.”

“Is this the reason why you were acting so weird a while back?”

“Mian... I know I shouldn’t have yelled at you. It’s just that I don’t know what will happen next after all these.” I sniffed.  “I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Everything will be alright... for now, be strong.” He told me. “If you need me, I’ll always be here. Remember that, arasso?” he cupped my face in his hands. “Okay?”

“I’m hurting him.....” I stuttered. “He’s hurt.”

“Pssshhh.” He enveloped me in his arms again.  

“Please look after him. He should be okay. Please take care of him.” I pleaded. “I beg you!”

“Neh... I know he will be okay. He will understand.” He cheered me up. “But now, I’ll go buy those foods okay? Wait for me here!”

“Kamsahamnida Kyuhyunnie... Joengmal gomapta.”

“Neh...”He my hair. “Wait here, okay?”

 

 

*to be continued*