The Phone Call (SURPRISE)

COFFEE PRINCESS

 

 

 

I heard my phone ringing and I took it out from my pocket. I was surprised to see his name. Cho Kyuhyun calls me. Without further ado, I responded to his call.

“Kyu!!!” the only word I uttered.

“Heechul hyung told me about what happened to you. Are you fine now?” he asked in a worried tone.

“I miss you!” I said.

Silence covered us. He didn’t respond and I was a bit frustrated. I silenced myself for a while, waiting for him to talk. But I couldn’t feel he is going to respond. I sighed and closed my eyes, still with my phone over my ear. Is he mad at me? If he is, why did he not turn off the phone?

“Kyu... Jinja bogoshipposeo.” I repeated. “Can you hear me?”

Again, he didn’t respond.

“You miss me too, don’t you?” I asked again. This time, I feel like crying. “Kyu, I know I shouldn’t have told you the words I said last time. I couldn’t keep that promise. I’m sorry if I caused you pain.” I sighed again. “Alright, you asked me a while ago if I’m okay, you don’t have to worry, I’m just fine.” I faked a smile. “I just want you to know how I really miss you... but I guess you don’t wanna talk to me... “

I heard him sobbing. “How can I not miss you? Do you know how I feel like dying here because of missing you?” he said trying hard to control his tears. “Do you know that?”

“Kyu...” I uttered and cried.

“Are you crying?” he asked to which I shook my head. He hates it when he sees me cry.

“Why will I cry? You don’t like it, right?” I lied. “It’s you who is crying!”

“I’m not!” he insisted although I hear him sniffing. I can imagine his face pouting through the way he talks.

“You are still the liar Kyuhyun I know.” I chuckled and wiped my tears away. I don’t know why he suddenly changes my emotions when I’m down. He’s simply like that.

“And you’re still that cry-baby.” He said. “Don’t cry anymore, okay?”

“Do you have the right to tell me that?” I asked.

“Don’t I have that right anymore?”

“You’re not my namjachingu anymore, remember?” I wanna know how he would react.

He became silent again. Why do I feel like he changed? He’s not usually this type who abruptly switches emotions.  I feel like he is not the Kyuhyun I know who yells at me when he dislikes something I do. I just really miss the way he fights with me so I told him that. But he seemed calm this time. I sighed. 

“Are you alright there?” he asked. “Are you doing well?”

I nibbled my lip so he won’t hear me sobbing. ‘I’m not alright. I don’t feel good. I’m not doing well.’ I wanna tell him these but I don’t want him to worry too much. What happened a while ago is still fresh in my mind. This is just unbearable that I couldn’t think of right things to do anymore. My mind is empty. I need his comfort because I feel all alone. But I know I will be selfish if I do that. “I’m alright Kyu.” I told him.

“You’re not.”

“I am... I’m just happy right now coz I’ve got the chance to talk to you again.” I faked a smile.

“You seemed sad.” He sighed. “You don’t look happy.”

I didn’t respond. He knows me from head to toe.

“Do you have a problem babe....uh I mean _________?”

“Just little problems...” I lied.

“Malhae bwa!” he said.

“You don’t need to know....” I shook my head and sniffed. “You don’t need to know.”

“You’re crying, aren’t you?” he said in an obvious tone.

He’s right. I cannot control myself anymore although I don’t want him to hear me crying. “Mianhe...” I said. “I can’t control my tears anymore!”

“Ee babo yah?” he shouted. “Why are you not letting your tears out? It will help you ease the pain. It’s okay to cry.”

“But you hate it, right?”

“Andwae!” he said. “Just cry, PALLI!”

Tears formed in my eyes again and I feel like crying a bucket of tears. Tears fell from my eyes endlessly as I sniff. I heard him laugh. “Michyeoso?” I asked.

“You look cute!” he said and chuckled even more.

“How do you know I look cute?” I asked. “My eyes seemed not to see anything anymore. My nose is red like Rudolph’s.”

He chuckled again. “And even if you’re hair looks messy like a witch, you’re still this girl I used to love.”

Hearing this from him, I cried even louder making me look crazy sitting on a bench in the midst of these busy people roaming around. But then I realized, how did he know my hair looks messy? “By any chance, is the technology there in Japan too advanced that you even know how my hair looks like?” I asked. “That’s cool!”

“What would you do if you see me standing in front of you at this moment.” He asked.

“Jeez... that’s impossible.” I said.

“Seriously!” he shouted.

“Aigoo... then maybe I would cuddle you with my tightest hug so you can’t go back to Japan anymore.” I tried to look for him in front me in case this is actuality but he’s not there. Oh, I just hope he is really here.

“If I say I’m just right here at your back, will you look back?”

“Tell me you’re really here and I’ll stand up and run to you.” I said then someone tapped my shoulders. That sends me goose bumps.

“No need to run! I’m just right here.” I heard two voices said, in the phone and.......... at my back.

Without second thoughts, I stood up and slowly turned around to the opposite direction where someone tapped my shoulder. To my great surprise, I saw him standing in front me flashing the smile I always wanted to see. I saw Cho Kyuhyun with a pink rose sandwiched between his lips.

“Surprise!” he took the rose from his lips and handed it to me. “Somebody sent this beautiful man back in Korea. Please take care of him.”

Missing him this much, I dashed and cuddled him as tight as I could. He wrapped me in his arms. “Is this for reality?” I asked.

“You’re just dreaming. I’m too beautiful to be real.” He joked to which I slightly slapped his back.

 

DONGHAE’s POV

She walked out of the restaurant. I don’t know what to do. Should I go follow her? What would I tell her? Atty. Park talked to me.

“She needs you, go and follow her!”

Nervous, I darted out and looked for her. I looked around but she was nowhere to be found in the middle of the crowd.

Minutes passed but I didn’t see her yet. I never stopped looking for her. I have to find her. I was walking along the pavement and this little guy approached me. It is Sung Joo. 

“Hyung, why is _________ noona with other guy now?” he asked with his innocent face.

“Mwo?” I asked.

“I saw _______ noona with a tall man handing her a rose. Did you break up with her already hyung?”

Hearing this from him, I panicked suddenly. “Where is she Sung Joo?” I asked him and he pointed out the direction where _______ is.

I run as fast as I could and to my surprise, I saw her hugged someone. I couldn’t tell who he is because I can only see his back but he looked so recognizable. I slowly walked nearer to them not letting them notice my presence. I pretended I was not there and I continued to watch them. As soon as they broke that hug, there I realized she was with Cho Kyuhyun. He came back.

 I can’t hide the fact that I was hurt seeing her with him again. Seeing your girlfriend hugging another man that is supposedly you is one of the remorseful things in this world. But seeing her smile a little after what just happened in the restaurant, why would I ruin that? There, I decided to go back home.....  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHO KYUHYUN vs LEE DONGHAE

 

 

 

SURPRISE (PHOTO OF THE DAY)

 

 

GIF OF THE DAY:

 

 

 

Anyeong yorobun!

I surprised you with Kyuhyun's comeback, right? 

YOU GUYS WISHED FOR THAT! 

HOW ABOUT DONGHAE THEN?

I'm asking you again... is it 

KYUHYUN?

or 

DONGHAE?

 

 

 

KyuAnnHae