Confrontations

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry! I'll explain later!

 

 

 

“Was that Wendy? What is she doing here?” Jaehoon thought as Wendy went out of his sight. He went to the other side and opened the door for Nayeon.

“Come on, Nayeon-ah… Let’s go inside.” Jaehoon held out his hand.

“O-Okay…” Nayeon took his hand and went out of the car.

 

          She linked her arm with Jaehoon and shyly walked beside him, smiling at the cameras once in a while. A journalist came up to them which surprised Nayeon.

 

“Hey, what are your names?”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you that. Don’t worry though, you’ll know it later.” Jaehoon answered.

 

          Nayeon didn’t know how to react so she just nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Seulgi and Wendy headed to where the Kang family is sitting. Mr. Kang stood up and greeted Wendy immediately.

 

“Wendy! How nice of you to accompany my daughter!” Mr. Kang gave her a hug.

“It’s a pleasure, Mr. Kang.” Wendy bowed her head.

“Omma! I thought you wouldn’t come!” Seulgi ran up to them and hugged her mother.

“Well, you have Seungyoon to thank for that. He personally fetched me using your private jet.” Mrs. Kang said.

“You used my private jet?!” Seulgi pouted at Seungyoon.

“Hey, I used it for a good cause. You can thank me later.” Seungyoon shrugged.

“Now, dear. Don’t get so worked up. What’s important is we’re here together.” Mrs. Kang said to her.

“Okay then…”

“By the way, where’s your boyfriend? Now is a pretty good time for us to meet him.” Mrs. Kang teased.

“You got yourself a boyfriend without telling me? You’re in big trouble, young lady.” Mr. Kang jokingly threatened.

“Seulgi, where is he? Didn’t you invite him?”

 

          Seulgi looked at Wendy with a panicked expression on her face. Wendy didn’t know what to do so she broke eye contact with Seulgi and fidgeted with her fingers. Seulgi took a deep breath and sighed.

 

“We broke up.”

“Oh… I’m so sorry to hear that, my dear. What happened?” Mrs. Kang comforted her daughter.

“Some things happened and it just didn’t work out.”

“That’s alright, baby bear. You won’t have difficulty finding one when you’re the company CEO.” Mr. Kang teased.

“I hope so, appa. I hope so.”

“Look at the time, let’s go to the backstage. The announcement would be in a few minutes.”

“Announcement of what?”

“Of you being the next CEO of Kang Enterprises!”

 

          Seungyoon gave her a thumbs-up while smiling and Wendy lightly kicked her leg from under the table.

 

“H-Huh?”

“Why do you look surprised? Didn’t I tell you that?”

“No, you didn’t.”

“Silly me. Well, there’s no turning back now. Let’s go, baby bear.” Mr. Kang laughed.

“Okay…”

 

          They left the table and headed backstage. But then, Wendy was surprised when Seungyoon moved beside her.

 

“Hello. Long time no see.”

“Do I know you?”

“You forgot about me? How sad. I was with Taehyun when we first met.”

 

          Wendy tried to remember and it came to her after a few moments.

 

“It was you! You’re that jerk!”

“Hey, hey… Calm down. I didn’t mean anything bad that time. It was part of our plan to get you out of trouble, but you still got kidnapped so I’d say it was a failure.”

“You’re also a gangster?”

“Yeah, I’m the leader of VICTORY gang and Taehyun is one of my members. Don’t worry though. We don’t get into fights nowadays. It’s pretty peaceful around, other than the occasional stupidity of the other gangs.”

“I can’t believe you’re related to Seulgi.”

“Yeah, I can’t believe it either. I’m so much better-looking than my cousin.”

“Are you trying to flirt with me?” Wendy raised an eyebrow at him.

“Good heavens, of course not! I’m just trying to be friendly. Also, I’ve got someone special already.”

“I’m just clearing things up.”

“Now that’s cleared up, let’s be friends. I’m Kang Seungyoon. Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand.

“I’m Wendy Son. Nice to meet you too.” She took his hand and shook it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Jaehoon went to the restroom for a little while. When he came out, he bumped into someone, causing her to fall down.

 

“I’m sorry! I didn’t see you coming so—huh? Jungyeon?”

“Oh! Jaehoon oppa! It’s nice to meet you again! Whoa, nice suit you have there! Let me guess, you’re working as a waiter here too, am I right?”

“Umm… Yeah. Sort of like that. How about you?”

“Me? Well, I’m working part-time as a photographer for a magazine. The extra income helps pay the bills. Being a college student is hard, you know?”

“Oh, I see… Good for you.”

“Thanks. Anyway, I heard that they’re going to announce the next CEOs for Kim Enterprises and Kang Corporation. Rumors are floating around that they’re still college students. The Kim is a guy and the Kang is a girl. I’m so excited to see the heir of Kim Enterprises! I bet you want to see the heiress of Kang Corporation, don’t you?”

“No, not really…”

“What? Why?”

“I’m not interested in her.”

“Because you’re already interested in Nayeon unnie, correct?” Jungyeon smirked.

 

          Jaehoon was caught off-guard and he laughed awkwardly.

 

“I’m right, aren’t I?” Jungyeon laughed at him.

“Whatever…”

“Don’t deny it. I can see it through your eyes.”

“Maybe I should wear sunglasses then?”

“You’re so funny, oppa. Sorry, but I have to go. My boss would scold me if I fail to take pictures of the new CEOs.”

“Don’t worry, Jungyeon. I’ll help you later if I can.”

“Thanks oppa! See you later! Bye!”

 

          Jungyeon left and Jaehoon’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hello?”

“Jaehoon, please come to the backstage. The announcement would be in a few minutes.”

“Yes appa, I’ll be right there.”

 

          He ended the call and tucked his phone back in his pocket before making his way to the backstage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          All of the lights were suddenly turned off and a single spotlight is directed on the stage. The MC then spoke, garnering the attention of everyone.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen! Please welcome, the CEO of Kim Enterprises, Kim Jongkook and the CEO of Kang Corporation, Kang Heegun!”

 

          The two men emerged from behind the curtains, bowing and waving to everyone.

 

“Good evening everyone! I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all of you for taking the time to attend our simple celebration.” Mr. Kim started.

“As you all know, Kim Enterprises and Kang Corporation are two of the largest, internationally renowned, world-class and influential companies in South Korea. The current CEOs of the companies mentioned are the most handsome, hardworking, charismatic—“ Mr. Kang followed.

“Hey, hey, hey… You’re getting a little bit off the script there. I think they understand what you mean.” Mr. Kim said, making the audience laugh.

“Ehem… Anyway, as I was saying, the CEOs played a huge role in nurturing and building the companies through the years.”

“It took us a lot of time, dedication, perseverance and hard work to achieve the status that we’re in right now.”

“But, like everyone in this room, we’re also human. We have our own limitations as well. We can’t remain as the CEOs of our companies forever.”

“That is why tonight, we’re going to introduce to all of you, the future CEOs of Kim Enterprises and Kang Corporation!”

 

          The audience applauded furiously for a few seconds, eagerly anticipating the heirs to be known to the public.

 

“Without further ado, I present to you, my son Kim Jaehoon!” Mr. Kim said.

 

          Jaehoon appeared from behind the curtains and gave a light bow to everyone before he stood beside his father. His eyes scanned the crowd and he saw Jungyeon with hanging open and Nayeon smiling at him. He smiled back as the cameras flashed before him.

 

“And now, it’s time for me to present my daughter, Kang Seulgi!”

 

          Jaehoon was stunned when he saw Seulgi coming out and standing beside her father. They made eye contact and both immediately looked away, feeling awkward.

 

“They are the future of our companies. Please look over them fondly.” Mr. Kim told the audience.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter