Special

Lone Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry, no Seulgi in this chapter. Don't worry, she'll reappear very soon. /evil laugh/ 

 

 

 

          Nayeon was woken up by the honking of a car's horn. She immediately sat up, making Jaehoon's head bounce off of her shoulder.

 

“What happened?” Jaehoon asked groggily, rubbing his head.

“Sorry! I was startled by the car's horn and—Wait, where are we?” Nayeon asked, looking out from the car's window.

“We've arrived, young master.” Sebastian said.

“Where are we? At our house, of course.” Jaehoon said as if it was the most obvious thing on earth.

“You live here?” Nayeon asked, still in awe of the Kim's mansion.

“No. WE live here. Come on, our things would arrive later. Let’s go inside.” Jaehoon pulled Nayeon out of the car.

 

          While they were walking to the front door, Nayeon looked around as if she was a little girl going to the amusement park for the first time in her life. The guards greeted them before they entered the mansion.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” Nayeon said while shaking her head.

“No, I am not kidding you.” Jaehoon answered and laughed at her.

 

Jaehoon tried to hold Nayeon’s hand but she stepped back away from him.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jaehoon asked.

“I-I s-shouldn’t…”

“Why? Tell me.”

“You’re way out of my league… A person like me shouldn’t be hanging around with rich people like you.”

 

          He gave Nayeon a small smile and stepped forward, holding both of her hands.

 

“If I told you that I’m rich when we first met, would you still be friends with me?”

“Of course not! I wouldn’t associate myself with rich people! They might think that I’m just friends with them for their money.”

“See? I knew you would say that. That’s why I kept it a secret until now. You’ve been really honest with me, and I like that.”

“B-But…”

“No more buts. Let’s—“

“Jaehoon!”

 

          They turned to the source of the voice and they saw Mrs. Kim going down from the staircase.

 

“Hello omma.”

“Aigoo! Welcome back, honey! I missed you so much!” Mrs. Kim hugged her son lovingly.

“I missed you too omma.”

“Who is this young lady? I’ve never seen her before.” Mrs. Kim asked, gesturing at Nayeon.

“Hello ma’am. My name is Im Nayeon.” Nayeon said and bowed.

“Are you a friend of my son?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“You know, you’re the very first person that Jaehoon brought home. You must be really special to him.”

“Omma… Please stop embarrassing me.”

“Speaking of special, how are things going with Seulgi?”

“We broke up.” Jaehoon answered casually.

“What? Why? What happened?”

“It’s a long story. I tried my best but it just didn’t work out.”

“I’m so sorry to hear that dear. On second thought, is she your girlfriend now? You seem to be pretty close.” Mrs. Kim asked, noticing Nayeon clinging to Jaehoon’s arm.

“No, she’s not my girlfriend.”

 

          Nayeon’s heart broke a little even though she’s really not his girlfriend. But she was surprised with what Jaehoon said next.

 

“Unless you want her to be.”

 

          She clung to Jaehoon’s arm a little too tighter and looked down to hide her blushing face.

 

“Aigoo, that’s not for me to decide, my dear. It’s up to you, although I don’t mind if you start dating her. She seems to be a really nice girl.” Mrs. Kim chuckled at how flustered Nayeon is.

“T-Thank y-you…” Nayeon bowed at Mrs. Kim again.

“Now, let’s go around for a little tour, shall we? We’ll see you at dinner, omma.”

“Yes, yes, so eager to get rid of your mother. Introduce her to your father, sister and to your cousin, will you?”

“Of course I would.”

“Then shoo… I’ve got some personal business to deal with.”

 

          Mrs. Kim smiled before pulling out her phone to call someone. Jaehoon looked at Nayeon.

 

“Let’s go to our room first and check if it’s already fixed.”

“Wait. Did you just say OUR room?”

“Yeah, we’re going to stay in one room since my stupid cousin is occupying the other room. Is there something wrong?”

 

          Nayeon blushed again when she thought of the things that might happen when she slept in the same room with Jaehoon.

 

“I-I…”

“Come on, you can take a rest at the room later. Let’s go.”

 

          Jaehoon held her hand and ran up to the staircase, pulling Nayeon closely behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Hours passed and it’s already dinner time. Nayeon slept on Jaehoon’s bed after he took her to a tour around the mansion. Jaehoon is sitting on the couch while listening to music. He decided to wake her up.

 

“Nayeon-ah… Wake up. It’s time for dinner.” Jaehoon said while tapping Nayeon’s shoulder.

“Hnng…”

 

          Jaehoon smiled evilly and blew hot air to Nayeon’s ear, which made Nayeon shoot her eyes wide open. She was surprised to see Jaehoon’s face in such close proximity as hers.

 

“W-What a-are y-you d-doing?”

“Waking you up. Now go and freshen up. Let’s go down after five minutes. I’m hungry.”

 

          Nayeon hurriedly went to the bathroom to freshen up, and to hide her already blushing face. They went down after five minutes, as Jaehoon said.

 

“There you are! We’ve been waiting for you two!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed as she saw the two entering the dining area.

“Sorry, she’s sleeping very comfortably so I had to think twice before waking her up.” Jaehoon said.

“It’s fine, so let’s eat?”

 

          They sat down side-by-side, earning glances from the other three people on the table. They ate in silence, but Yeri was the first one to talk when they were done.

 

“Oppa, who is she?” Yeri pointed at Nayeon.

“She’s my friend. Her name is Im Nayeon.”

“Hello, Nayeon unnie! Nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you too…” Nayeon answered and smiled at Yeri.

“That’s odd, you never bring friends home.” Kei commented while smirking.

“Shut up. You don’t even live here.”

“I’m just saying…” Kei said and laughed.

 

          Mr. Kim faked a cough to get everyone’s attention.

 

“Alright kids, stop bickering. Young lady, your name is Im Nayeon, am I right?” Mr. Kim said.

“Yes sir. Is there something wrong?”

“Are you perhaps the daughter of Im Seulong?”

“You knew my father?” Nayeon asked, a bit surprised.

“He was a friend of mine when we were in college. I thought you didn’t survive the accident?”

“Both of my parents died but I survived. After the accident, I was brought to an orphanage and that’s where I grew up.”

“I see… Well, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask. We’ll be here to help you.”

“Actually, I asked her to live in with us. Is that okay?” Jaehoon asked.

“If that’s okay with her, then I don’t see why not. Right dear?”

“Your father is right, Jaehoon. Besides, we need someone to look after this little ball of sunshine.” Mrs. Kim said, gesturing at Yeri.

“You’re not going to make her Yeri’s babysitter, are you?”

“Of course not! She’ll be like Yeri’s older sister, since her older brother isn’t really functioning well.”

“Thank you for your compliments…” Jaehoon sulked.

“Yeah, even his brain isn’t functioning.” Kei commented again, earning a glare from Jaehoon.

“Why are you even here?”

“Uncle invited me over for the gala tomorrow evening.”

“Gala? What gala?”

“Kei! I thought you told him about it?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Huh? Was I supposed to tell h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter