A lie or two

Pu(rrr)fection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was shaken out of his somewhat peaceful sleep by a low whine. Eyes snapping open, the man looked at the pale cat lying on the large hospital bed. Luhan seemed to be asleep but quite distressed: drops of sweat trickled down his flushed cheeks as he gave out small whimpers from time to time, frown marring his face. His ears were pressed flat against his sweaty hair and his small nose seemed to be twitching continuously. 

He was just such a pitiful sight... 

"Shh, I'm here.." the human murmured softly, gently cupping the boy's face."I am going to protect you from everything... No one will hurt you, okay?" 

At that, Luhan seemed to relax. His ears perked up just a little and a hint of a smile seemed to play in the corner of his soft lips. He even seemed to move a bit more into the other's touch, nuzzling into it like a cat.

"Good.." Sehun whispered softly."Good.." he added after a moment or two, yawning slightly. Before long, he was sleeping once more...

And this time, neither of them were bothered with darkness in their dreams. 

Luhan seemed to be reacting to the medicine he was given in the hospital fairly well. Albeit he spent most of his day in the small bed, sleeping or just staring ahead as he just was not in the mood to do something else, he was gradually getting better. 

Sehun had been told before that his hybrid would never recover fully, but he would be free from the grasps of death if all went well. From time to time, he would wither a little again, but with some medicine - and quoting a very unhealthily cheerful nurse, a bit of love - he would be back to normal in no time.

Of course, it did not mean that all was fine. During the week that had passed, the tiny hybrid had lost quite lot of weight. He looked more and more like a skinny child as the days passed, and the doctors only nodded a bit, claiming that it was normal. No matter what Sehun bought for him - sandwich, cake, ice-cream or even fish soup - he refused to eat a bit more from it, claiming to be full already. The fact that he refused to touch the meal he was given in the hospital every day just fuelled Sehun's worry even more.

He had never taken care of a hybrid and he just wasn't sure how he could convince one to eat, or what they actually liked. He had called Chanyeol, but apparently Baekhyun acted as if once in his life he had been starved: he ate everything that he was given, even if it had been cooked by his owner who, unfortunately for the two of them, just was not one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter