Chapter 2: Gifts

Beautiful Sorrow

Xiumin gave Haru her present and she ripped the wrapping paper. When she saw the present, her grey eyes widened as she grinned with joy. Her eyes watered and her heart fluttered like a butterfly. It was an ancient Chinese doll with porcelain skin, pink cheeks, red lips and black long hair. She wore a red Chinese wedding dress. This doll was lost when Haru and her family visited Korea when she was 6. It was a gift from Haru’s great grandmother on her mother’s side who was Chinese.

“Sa-chon…where did you find this?” She asked.

“It was underneath the sofa. But you already went back to Japan. I kept it all this time.” She hugged him extremely tightly as a tear fell down her cheek. He smiled and hugged her back.

“Thank you, sa-chon. I love you.” She mumbled and he kissed her head. She pulled away from him and wiped her tear.

Kris gave her his gift and she gulped. She looked down to avoid his gaze and he furrowed his eyebrows. The leader of EXO-M wondered why she was scared of him. The grey eyed woman opened the present and smiled as she placed her hand on it; a set of 10 fairy tale books and the collection of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland books.

“Books? Kris, she isn’t 10 years old.” Sehun stated.

“Xiumin told me his little cousin was coming to stay. So I thought she was a child.” He mumbled and they all laughed.

“Kris-oppa, I love it. Thank you very much. I really love to read and this is such a lovely gift.” Haru smiled whilst fluttering her eyelashes.

“It’s alright.” He said whilst patting her head.

Suho gave the young woman her welcoming present and she opened it with a smile.

“Xiumin told me how much you love to draw.” He stated.

“This is sweet, Suho-oppa. Thank you.” She said.

“You can draw? Haru-dongsaeng, you should draw us.” Luhan suggested and she giggled whilst nodding.

“Yes I should. But I demand that I get a payment of 10 chocolate cupcakes with extra frosting!” She stated and they all nodded.

Lay gave her a gift bag and she opened it. She grinned whilst taking out a cat hat, scarf and paw gloves. They all said ‘Ahhhhhh’ and she wore it whilst meowing.

“Kawaii! I love it!” She exclaimed. “Thank you Lay-oppa.” He nodded with a smile and his dimples appeared.

D.O gave her a big box and she opened it. Her face was full of amazement as she took out a baking kit, apron and oven mitts.

“Wow!” She slurred. “This is amazing. Thank you, D.O-oppa.”

“So you can make us dessert.” Chanyeol stated and D.O slapped his head. They laughed and she giggled.

Luhan gave her his welcoming gift and she opened it to see a makeup set and perfume. She smiled widely and looked up at him.

“Oh Luhan-oppa, thank you very much. I have never worn makeup but I will wear this.” The brown haired woman confessed and they blinked.

“You’ve never worn makeup?” Baekhyun asked.

“I’ve never met a girl over 15 who’s never worn makeup.” Tao stated.

“I have never worn makeup before. Even though most of my friends pushed me to it, I never wore it.” She explained.

“But, what about your lips? Isn’t that lipstick?” Chen questioned and she shook her head.

“How ‘bout your cheeks?” Sehun asked and again she shook her head.

“You don’t need makeup.” Kai murmured quietly. She blinked and gulped as she blushed 50 shades of red. She smiled sweetly and sighed dreamily. He was so shy and cute. The boys started whistling and cheering and he just covered his face.

“Open my present!” Sehun exclaimed and gave her a box. She opened it and took out a Bubble Tea set. The boys just sighed whilst face palming.

“Oooh, this is…nice.” Haru stated with a sweat drop.

“Now you can make Bubble Tea!” He smiled.

“For you.” Tao mumbled.

“No, I assumed she loves Bubble Tea as much as I do.” He countered back.

“Oh don’t worry; I’ll make Bubble Tea for everyone; especially for you, Sehun-oppa.” She giggled.

“Yehet!” He said his phrase.

Baekhyun gave her sunglasses and slippers which she loved and admired. He told her that she would need the sunglasses to hide her identity from the public. Chanyeol gave her a snapback hat and trainers. Tao gave her something elegantly wrapped and she opened it. She gasped with wide eyes and her jaw hit the ground.

“A Gucci designer bag?!” She exclaimed. “T-this is for me?” She asked.

“Yeah, do you like it?” He asked curiously.

“I love it, but…wasn’t this expensive? I mean…” She trailed off.

“Don’t worry about it, Haru-dongsaeng.” He stated and she nodded.

“Thank you.” Haru smiled.

Chen gave her a box and she opened it to see a pair of black Louis Vuitton 6 inch heels. She gulped and looked up at Chen with an uncertain smile.

“Thank you, Chen-oppa.” She murmured.

“Try them on!” He exclaimed and she cleared whilst laughing nervously. The grey eyed woman put them on and her legs wobbled.

“Woah…okay, Haru you can do this.” She whispered to herself.

Haru took a step and lost balanced as she walked many steps and fell forward. Kai was standing up but Sehun had already stood up already. She fell straight into his arms as he wrapped his arms around her. She gulped as she pulled away from him and took a step back. But then the young woman was about to fall back and he grabbed onto her hand. He pulled her towards him so she would fall back. The closeness made her heart squeeze and it felt as if it was hitched at . The grey eyed woman took off the shoes and pushed him away. Haru then ran off and upstairs. She ran into her room, closed the door and locked it.

They all stayed quiet and wondered what was all that about. Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed together. Kai just stared upstairs and blinked; thinking if she was alright.

“Xiumin, is she okay?” He asked.

“I don’t know. She was never like this when we were kids.” Xiumin stated. “But her brothers did tell me that she something happened to her which she doesn’t want to tell anyone. So we should just leave her.”