Chapter Four

Dreams Do Come True

Summer break has ended and my friendship goals with Girls’ Generation are simply going away. I don’t understand why their schedules are irritating me so much, I don’t even own them. But who cares anyway? Today…I’m going to meet CEO Kim Young Min and finally sign a contract under SM Entertainment.

Right now, I am here sitting on some fancy sofa inside CEO Kim Young Min’s office, waiting for him. I wouldn’t deny but hell I’m getting nervous from time to time. Just a while ago I got some SMS from Girls’ Generation’s Sunny and Yoona saying that I shouldn’t be nervous since CEO Kim Young Min can easily surrender since I am taller than him.

I laughed.

I haven’t met the other members of Girls’ Generation like Yuri, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Sooyoung because of their schedules again. I wish that after I signed the contract with CEO Kim Young Min I can now talk to some artists under SM Entertainment since I’m sure I’m going to be in charge of the album photoshoots and assisting the filming of their new music videos.

I laughed again.

The door opened revealing CEO Kim Young Min. I stood up and bowed politely. “Good Morning Seonsaengnim…” I said.

He smiled and gestured me to sit down and so I did. As I sat down he went to his personal chair and pulled out a white folder.

“How are you Sungyeol?” He asked.

I gulped. “I’m actually nervous, sir,” I replied.

He chuckled and pulled a paper that was inside the folder, “Alright, this is the contract of you working under SM Entertainment as our official photographer. You’ll be in charge on our artists’ album photoshoots and you may assist our directors on the filming of our artists’ new music videos. Is that okay?” He asked turning the paper to me.

“As expected,” I thought.

I grabbed the paper and reviewed it. My eyes went to the every month salaries. I almost choke.

“Sir? Billion won is too much!” I protested.

“Sungyeol, looking at your works makes sense so don’t worry, just do your job and we don’t have a problem,” he said.

I nodded my head and grabbed the pen on the table. I tapped it and immediately signed the paper. Although I was shaking so bad, I know I need to be happy. After signing it I looked at him and smiled.

“Welcome to the SM Family Sungyeol!” He offered his hand.

I nodded my head and gladly shook his hand.

“So have you seen your office?” He asked.

I scratched my neck, “Oh …I haven’t” I thought.

He stood up and said, “Come, I’ll bring you there.”

I stand up and nodded my head. I gulped once I follow him out of his office. Not too far away from his office, we finally reached our destination. The sign on the transparent door made me smile.

“Jung Sungyeol – SM Entertainment Photographer”

“We made this for you, actually,” He said.

I smiled at him and nodded.

“Let’s go inside so you can see your office,” He said as he opens the door for me.

I bowed slightly and went inside. I gasped.

“Holy…mother…” I mumbled.

Although it was just a one floor office not like the CEO’s office, it was a well-built green painted room. A white table on the side with a mac unit pc on top of it made me smile. A mini photoshoot studio on the other side and a mini dining table with a coffee make on top of it made me squeal.

“What’s with the mini studio, sir?” I asked.

“This is something that Lee Soo Man hyung told me to put inside your office. He said that if the girls went here they can play with the mini photoshoot studio you have here, clever isn’t it?” He asked.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

“Oh here, your ID…pin it on your left chest,” He said as he give me a silver rectangular name tag.

I looked at it, “Jung Sungyeol – SM Photographer” and smiled.

“I’ll leave you here okay? You can go around the building, if you like to,” he said as he squeezes my shoulders.

I nodded and followed him to go outside. He went to his office and that made me confuse for a moment.

“Now where should I go?” I mumbled.

Later on I went to go buy some coffee on the first floor building where all the staffs and probably the artists are buying foods.

“White Latte,” I said.

“Yah, isn’t she the new photographer?” I heard from the whispers of the workers.

“She’s friends with Girls’ Generation!” The other whispered back.

“Why do I feel uncomfortable…” I thought.

I tapped my shoes and looked at them who are almost done making my latte.

The other girl turned around and gave me the latte.

I gently grabbed it and mumble my thank you and went to find a vacant coffee table. Soon I was already sitting on a brown sofa looking at a big screen on the wall. I took a sip from my cup feeling the warm sensation over my body.

“Ahh…” I heaved.

“Sungyeol-ah!” A familiar voice made me look to my right.

It was Sunny from Girl’s Generation. I placed the cup on the coffee table and stood up. I bowed my head.

“Hi Sungyeol!” She greeted as she sat down on the sofa that was facing me.

I also sat down and greeted her back, “Hi Sunny-ssi.”

“Honorifics…put them away, we’re friends now,” She said.

I smiled at her.

“So did you sign it already?” She asked.

I nodded my head, “Yup…I got the office and my ID already,” I pointed on my left chest.

She smirked at me, “You look good on that manly clothes, Sungyeol-ah…I like it,” she giggled.

Heart…beat…fast…

I nodded my head, “You look cute on that white dress, Sunny-ah,” I replied back.

She blushed and laughed.

“So, cute!” I laughed back.

“Ya Sungyeol…” She covered her face.