Chapter One

Dreams Do Come True

"Sungyeol get back to work!" 

"Sungyeol can you do this for me?"

"Sungyeol please accompany table 9 for me."

"Sungyeol boss is calling you."

I washed my face. All of this was making everything frustrating. I have worked as a waitress in some café nearby the highest idol company in Korea, SM Entertainment. Every day, I get to hear my name by loads of customers and my co-workers and believe me or not, it's very frustrating.

I looked on my phone and my lock screen was showing me the most beautiful ladies in the whole wide world. I kissed the screen of my phone and smiled.

"What if they come here?!" I thought as I put my phone on my chest. I looked once more to the screen and shook my head. "That's not going to happen."

"Sungyeol come here!" A white headed old man said as he gestured me to come near him.

"Coming boss!" I shouted back as I keep my phone inside my pocket.

I ran over to his office and knocked the door.

"Come in Sungyeol!" He shouted.

I opened the door and looked at him. I closed the door behind me silently and sat on the chair. 

I looked at him, "Anything wrong sir?" I asked playing with my fingers.

"Here is the full payment of your overall duty here in the café..." He said as he slide a check on the table.

I grabbed it and widened my eyes, "Two million won?! But why are you giving this already, sir?" I asked.

"I have to fire you already..." He clasped his own hands and looked at me.

"What?! Sir, I was doing fine! I didn't make any mistakes didn't I?" I clenched my fist.

"You already have money yet you're still loyal?" He chuckled.

"Sir, I can't take this check...just make me work," I pleaded.

He shook his head, "Sungyeol...we love you so much, dear but...you really need to go," he said.

"Why?! I won't go till you tell me why, sir!" I stood up looking at him.

"Your ambassador dad said, Sungyeol. He wants you to get this..." He said as he slide a car key, a house key with an address tag, and a business card.

I grabbed the business card and looked at the details.

 

(This is just made up information in the business card)

 

Ambassador of Korean International Bank

Jung Wanku 

xx-xxx-xxx-xx

 

"He said that you should call so you two can talk..." He said.

I looked at him and nodded.

"I'll be back no matter what happen. I'll still visit this cafe even though I'm just a visitor. I love this building...please remember me, sir," I said as I bowed my last good bye.

I went out and took off my name tag and apron. I grabbed my bag and went to the restroom to change my clothes.

Later on, I step outside of the café with my bag hanging on my shoulder. I grabbed the business card and my phone out of my pocket.

I immediately dialled the number on the card and tapped my shoes on the ground. It was ringing...and ringing...and...ri-

"Yoboseyo?" A sound of a man answered.

"This is me, Sungyeol," I said.

"Sungyeol?! Where are you daughter?! Let's talk in person!"

"Why did you do this?" I asked him coldly.

"Do I not have a responsibility to you already?"

"You left me after mom died. You left me and went with your new family!" 

"I know Sungyeol...I'm really sorry for that..."

"You’re sorry isn't enough! You left me alone! You left me!" I shouted not caring about the people around me.

My tears started to fell and I immediately wiped them off.

"I'm sorry, Sungyeol...please give me another chance...I bought you a car, a house and gave you a check for your future, Sungyeol..."

"And who even told you to buy me them?! I want to work!" I scoffed.

"You already have, Sungyeol..."

"W-what?"

"You said you love photography so I suggested a famous photographer that is a friend of mine to let you be one too. Please, Sungyeol…take this for me…it will mean a lot daughter…” He said under his breaths.

I looked down and clenched my fist, I wouldn’t deny how much in I am when it comes to photography. Maybe I can let this off once and nothing more…

I sighed, “Fine, Mr Jung…I’ll take the car, the house, the check and the job,” I said.

I heard him giggle.

“Thank you so much! Thank you so much for accepting this offer, Sungyeol…” Then he sobbed.

“Is he crying?” I thought.

“Mr Jung? Are you crying?” I asked as I walk down to sit on the near bench.

He sniffed, “No daughter…it’s just. I wouldn’t imagine you’ll accept my offers…” he said.

“Be glad I did, talk to you soon…bye d-dad…” I said as I hanged up my phone.

I looked down on my hand that was having a grip tight on the car keys that “my dad” gave me. Something caught my eye, it was an address tag. I looked on it, “Sungyeol,” I muttered as I read out the characters

I flipped the tag and saw an address. It wasn’t too far from SM Entertainment too, only about 30 minutes away from the building. I nodded and went to the taxi stop. I looked around and beep startled me.

I nodded on the taxi window and opened the backseat’s door. I jumped inside and looked at the reflection of the old man in the back-view mirror. I smiled.

“Good Afternoon Ahjussi,” I bowed my head.

“Good Afternoon young lady,” He replied.

“Sir…can you bring me here?” I asked as I showed him the address tag.

“Cheongdam-dong…Gangnam-gu…House Building 8799?” He asked as he turned to look at me.

“I kinda don’t know what it looks like…my dad gave it to me as a gift…” I said as I scratch my neck.

He chuckled and shook his head, “Dear…this means you’re rich? Nobody gets to have an apartment unit in that building…just artists,” He said.

I looked at him and shook my head in disbelief, “Oh no-no sir…I’m just a normal person that’s all…” I said.

He looked at me and smiled, “Alright, young lady. We’ll take you there,” He said as turned around to stir the wheel.

I leaned over to the window and looked at the building. Taeyeon…wait what?! Taeyeon?! I looked over to the back and saw it was the new poster of Taeyeon from the Nature Republic store.

“Gosh she’s so beautiful…” I muttered.

“Who’s beautiful young lady?” He asked.

“Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon…” I replied.

“She’s your bias?” He asked.

“Oh no…I really love Girls’ Generation but…I still don’t have a bias. I guess I love them all,” I chuckled.

He chuckled and looked at me through the back-view mirror, “I love Sunny,” He said.

“Sunny?”

He looked at the road, “Yes, Sunny…she get along with the grandfathers like me well,” He said.

I looked at the window and nodded, “She’s cute too,” I replied.

Ahjussi and I talked comfortably for a good 30 minutes ride towards the said building located in Gangnam. I wasn’t sure if it’s a house apartment or a building apartment unit. Ahjussi said that most of the Korean artists’ dorms were all there. It made me shiver since it’s a bit one big chance for me to meet the nine angels in town.

The taxi stopped.

Ajhussi turned around to look at me, “Here we are…” He said.

I looked over the window and gasped. It was really luxurious, although it was a simple building like a hotel. There were so many apartment units on it. I was 100% sure that it wasn’t a big apartment since it looked small.

I looked at him and said, “Thank you ajhussi…I promise…If I ever meet Sunny…I’ll tell her your…” I cleared my throat, “What’s your name ajhussi?” I asked.

“Hugu Wang,” He replied.

“I’ll Sunny that an ahjussi love her that was named as Wang Hugu,” I said.

He chuckled and shook his head, “Alright young lady,” He said.

I grabbed my wallet from my bag and opened it. I looked over to the unfamiliar card on the card side and slide it up.

 

Korean International Bank

Jung Sungyeol

 

“Who the hell put this here?” I thought.

I found out a paper that was folded into square. I unfolded it and read…

 

Sungyeol, this is me, your father. Please accept this, there is a big money inside here and I raised them up for you. Remember that I love you so much.

-Jung Wanku

 

I shook my head but my heart wants me to keep it. “Just this once…” I thought as I kept my wallet.

I fished the check on my pocket and grabbed it.

“Ahjussi…thanks for bringing me here. I owe you a lot.” I said as I give him the check.

“Two million won?! No…no…young lady this is yours…” He said as he gives it back to me.

“I insist sir…for your family…just take it,” I smiled and opened the door.

I went out from the cab and looked at him wiping his tears up.

“Fighting!” I said as I punch the air.

I waved to him until his cab disappeared to my sight. I looked over to the place. I walked towards the building that has a 109 number in it. The door suddenly startled me when it automatically opened.  

“Gosh…” I muttered.

I went over to the receptionist and showed my key.

“Omo?! You’re Ambassador Jung’s daughter?! He told me that her daughter will be staying here!” She said.

I looked at her and slowly nodded my head.

“Pleased to meet you…” I muttered as I offer her my hand.

She looked at me in daze and soon went back to reality. She took of her gloves on her right hand and allowed me to shake hands with her.

“I’m Jung Sungyeol and you are?” I asked.

“Yang Luna,” She replied.

I nodded my head and asked, “So where is my room?”

“O-oh…can I please get your key? We have to change it to the key card instead…” She said.

I nodded and gave it to her.

She typed something on the keyboard and a beep made me look to the machine beside her.

“This is a machine that makes key card out of your name,” She explained.

I nodded and respectfully grabbed the key card as she gives it to me.

I looked over to it…

 

Jung Sungyeol

VIP

Floor 27 Room 309

 

“How much is it?” I asked and was about to pull out my wallet from my bag when…

“Mr Jung told us that he is going to pay for all of your expenses so don’t worry…” She said.

I nodded and bowed.

My feet travelled me to the lift. I pressed the 27th button and waited. It was fast since no one was there to push the button until a ding from the buffet floor made the lift open.

Two people came in, one with a black long hair that it was somehow smaller than me and a boyish blonde haircut who has the almost same height as the girl.

“Amber thanks for the snacks,” The black-headed girl said in I believe in English.

“A-Amber?” I thought.

“You’re welcome Krystal,” Amber replied, in English.

They turned around to me and bowed their heads.

“Hello…unnie…” They both said.

I bowed back.

“H-hello…” I replied.

“What floor are you unnie?” Amber asked.

“27,” I replied.

They clapped their hands and laughed, “We have the same floor too unnie,” Krystal said.

“I’m a big fan of f…f…f…x…” I stuttered and held my hand when a hot feeling suddenly came in.

They giggled until a beep signalled us that we were already on our floor. We went out together and looked at each other.

I bowed, “Good bye,” I said.

The two of them bowed, “Thank you and Good bye unnie,” They said.

I waved at them and turned around to look for the room 309.

“304…305…306…307…308…and ah! There is it…” I said as I push in my key card to the card holder.

I slight tick from the door sounded the room when I opened the door. I gasped…I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover…It was so cool. I closed the door that was an automatic lock surface. I scanned the room, everything was there. I threw my bag to the couch and sat on it.

One thing that caught me was a box that was on the table in front of me. I went for it and silently opened it.

“C-camera?” I muttered.

I looked over to the paper that was stuck on the rear part of the box. I read it…

 

Greetings Ms Jung Sungyeol!

Other than a camera, we brought you the key for your new working office in the management of SM Entertainment. We want you to be our new professional photographer. Mr Jung told us and showed us your works from the internet. We won’t deny that is was a superior rating of appreciation. We want to see you soon maybe after the Summer Break.

SM Entertainment, CEO

Kim Young Min

 

I slapped myself.