21. Dream

Please help me,I need you

,,Really you two? Stop doing this. Geez,Woohyun you were never this annoying.” Sungyeol made one loud ‘’tch’’ as he ate his popcorns. Woohyung continued to giggle with me. His right arm was behind my shoulders and holding me that way,while my head was on his shoulder. His other hand tried to tickle me all around my legs and stomach and I couldn’t stop laughing because of it.

,,Aish,jinjja,when will you two stop? I can’t watch a damn movie!” Sungyeol said annoyed. He was sitting next to Woohyun. But Woohyun tickled me even more. Soon,he kissed my neck knowing it’s my weak,tickling spot and tickled me from there.

,,W-Woohyun,hahahaha,s-stop!” My eyes were red from my tears and I couldn’t stop laughing. Sungyeol looked annoyed as Woohyun was kicking his arms and causing his popcorns to drop on his knees and floor. His face was super annoyed as he pretended to ignore Woohyun. Before he could say anything else,soft touch tapped his shoulder.

,,Just let them be,Oppa. Anyways,they’re cute,hehe.” Ji Ae smiled shyly as she looked at us. Ji Ae had a lot of problems with drooling Dongwoo that fell asleep on her shoulder. Whenever she tried to move him,he’d somehow find his way back to her shoulder and sleep there.

,,Oppa,really,if you chose some more interesting movie,I’m sure everyone would...watch it.” Ji Ae said as she felt her shoulder getting wetter and wetter. She looked at Dongwoo,creating waterfalls on her shoulder. She frowned and jumped with one huge ‘’eeww’’.

,,Ayayaya,Hyung,jinjja!” Dongwoo fell on Sungyeol’s lap after Ji Ae jumped. He continued there to drool,but Sungyeol pushed him hard,causing him to fall down on the floor. But even after all of it,Dongwoo continued to sleep like a baby. I couldn’t hold my laugh,plus Woohyun’s tickling.

,,Aish,I can’t take this anymore. I need to get away from them. Yayayaya,Ji Ae,help me carry Dongwoo to his room.”

,,O-Oppa,it’s okay,he can sleep in here…”

,,You allowed us to stay here more than enough. I’m taking him back to his room.”

,,But how to carry him?”

,,Grab his legs,I’ll grab his arms.” Ji Ae did as she was told. When she grabbed Dongwoo,she felt huge pressure on her arms. She couldn’t believe how heavy Dongwoo was.

,,I know,I know,this guy is extraordinary.” Sungyeol chuckled as he saw Ji Ae’s troubled face.

,,See you later,love birds.” With that,three of them left the apartment. I was left alone with Woohyun. It’s been a week since we’re dating and everyone were indeed shocked when they heard us dating. But at the end,they accepted it and were happy for them. I was happy too. Woohyun was making my days happier I must say. I never laughed this much in past 7 years. When I wake up,he’d greet me and he’ll be the last person I see or hear before I go to sleep. He was truly amazing and I really liked him.

Days were colder and colder,but my heart felt warmer and warmer when I was with Woohyun. I was falling for him more and more,without realizing that for myself.

But for each day,some strange feeling of guiltiness and disappointment was growing inside of me as well. He’s so different from Sunggyu.

,,What are you thinking about?” He suddenly asked while touching my hair.

,,Nothing...I’m just little tired.”

,,Indeed. Sungyeol chose this lame movie,it even made me sleepy.”

,,I think it’s not that bad… Titanic is pretty popular movie.”

,,But he’s a guy,why choosing these movies? Something like Mad Max would do…”

,,Aish,he’s your roommate be better with him little bit.”

,,I’ll do that since my cute girlfriend asks to.” He said while giggling and squeezing my cheeks. The ,he planted one soft kiss on my lips.

,,I’m gonna go now. Sleep tight.” He said then kissed me again. This time it was a bit longer and deeper. He then stood up and waved one last time before he left my apartment. I smiled at him and waved back. Then,I was all alone.

I stood up and some lights since it was dark. I went to my room and jumped on my bed.

,,Sunggyu…” I closed my eyes and soon I fell asleep.

,,W-Where am I?” I looked around me and saw nothing but the emptiness. Whole room was white. I kept on looking around and looking and looking,feeling slight panic. Then,I felt relieved when I saw one door at the end of the room. Without any second thoughts,I started to run. But as I run,the doors seemed more further. I felt my sweat drooling as I was tired from all the run. I reached my arm and tried to grab the door. I closed my eyes and felt something soft. I opened them wide and saw Sunggyu.

,,Here,let me help you.” He said as he gently held my hand and leaded me towards the door. Everything seemed to stop,since I was walking normally.

,,Here,open it.” He said with one little smile and placed my hand on the door handle.

,,Sun-” I looked around and he disappeared. I felt somehow alone,but the urge to press the handle was big. I slowly opened the door,and entered. As I made one first step,I felt something soft under my foot. And soft wind was touching my face. I looked and saw the grass,mountains and there,on the middle,there was Sunggyu. He was standing on the grassy cliff and looked in the far away mountain.

As I entered this ‘’room’’ I noticed my outfit changed into a white dress that was nice and neat. And my feet were ,feeling the soft and little bit wet grass. The wind felt nice and I slowly approached Sunggyu,that was also white dressed.

,,Sunggyu…”

,,This is what you really want,no?”

,,What are you…?”

,,You want me,don’t you?”

,,S-Sunggyu…”

He turned to me and looked into my eyes. He then reached for my hands and held them gently.

,,Don’t fool others,Park Ji Won. Think again.” With that,he pressed his lips on my forehead. He smiled as he let go of my hands,and he jumped of the cliff.

,,SUNGGYU!” I screamed as I saw the nice and sunny weather becoming dark and gloomy. The wind started to be stronger and wilder,and grass started to grow more,soon reaching my knees. I screamed in horror,and turned around seeing those door. I started to run towards them,but as I reached them,they disappeared. I was terrified. Everything was starting to be eaten by some sudden darkness. Mountains turned black and soon that dark was reaching the cliff. There was no other ways,but to follow Sunggyu.

,,AAAAHH!” I screamed as I rushed to the cliff and jumped. I started to fall and I saw rocks at the bottom eaten by the darkness.

,,AAAAAHHH!”

*PEEEG* *PEEEG* *PEEEG*

I opened my eyes and was covered in sweat. I was breathing heavily and my mouth feel dry.

,,It was just a dream…” I saw my alarm waking me up saying it’s 6AM,time for work. I gulped and stood up,going to bathroom to finish all of my morning routines.

It was colder outside. October almost ended,next week it’ll be November. I hug my jacket and fixed my cap on my head. One bus passed by,with Sunggyu’s face on it. He was doing some Pepsi commercial and he looked super cute like that. It made me remember my dream. I blinked few times,looking lost in thoughts as I thought what my dream could be…

Suddenly,I felt a raindrop on my forehead. I looked up to the sky and saw how rain slowly started to fall. Luckily,my bus came and I entered before a shower started to fall. I leaned to the bus window and watched how Seoul streets slowly got soaked. People ran all over the streets,trying to shelter themselves. I listened to the busy traffic and how rain was falling. It felt nice.

Sadly,rain didn’t stop until I reached my work. I had to run a bit and then enter the hotel. I went to changing room and quickly dressed into my wardrobe. The most hated part is when I have to put these stupid high heels on. I don’t know why they keep them so high,really.

All workers gathered together because of the sudden announce.

,,To all of you,since tomorrow,you won’t be entering Seoul hotel anymore.” We all looked in ave.

,,From tomorrow,this is Woollim hotel,not Seoul.” I widened my eyes. Woollim?

,,I won’t confuse you anymore,so please bow for the CEO of Woollim company.” I blinked few times and saw handsome figure entering. It was a while since I saw him. Howon.

,,Hello,everyone,I’m Lee Howon,the CEO of Woollim company.” Company? Wasn’t it entertainment?

,,Recently,Woollim entertainment decided to expand. Starting from buying this hotel.” My eyes widened even more. I didn’t know he was interested in being a CEO of some hotel.

,,So starting from tomorrow,all of you will be workers for Woollim hotel. If there’s questions,don’t hesitate to ask. You’ll also get new uniforms. And let’s work hard together.” I watched how he bowed and for a second,he looked in my way. He didn’t smile or anything,just one look that made my legs feel weak. He then looked away,having his staff following him and then he left the room,leaving all of us in question. I heard all of the people starting questioning,whispering and confused. I hurried outside,since I wanted to get away from that room. But as I went out,there were people in suit. I thought they were just standing for something,until I realized that something is me.

,,Park Ji Won sshi?” I turned around and saw two men approaching me.

,,Y-Yes?”

,,Please,follow us.”

,,Who are you?” They didn’t say anything just grabbed my arms.

,,Y-Yaah! Let me go!” I hit one with my elbow and other one with my heel and started to run. I heard them screaming after me,but I didn’t know what wrong have I done to be followed by a security guard. Suddenly,I felt hitting somebody and falling on the ground.

,,Ahh!”

,,Ji Won sshi. Please,relax and stop running.” I heard familiar voice. I turned around and saw Krystal.

,,Krystal sshi?”

,,I’m sorry. Those security guards indeed look scary.” She grabbed me by my elbow and helped me to stand.

,,Thank you.”

,,Nothing. Now please follow me.”

,,Excuse me,but where to?”

,,To the CEO.” She smiled as she said CEO. I gulped.

=====

1 week earlier

Sunggyu stormed into his apartment,feeling hot and angry. He felt his heart breaking in two pieces and want he felt like hitting something.

,,She can’t do this to me…” He said as he angrily kicked his couch only to regret it few seconds later.

,,Ouch,ouch…” He felt like screaming. He sat on the couch and put his palms on his face.

,,Who was that guy? Did she forget me? Did she forget about the things between us? Or was there anything to forget?”

He couldn’t stop thinking about Ji Won. When he saw her kissing with that guy,he wanted to get out the car,hit him and escape with her. But he didn’t.

,,Why am I like this?” He throw himself on the couch and looked at the cellar. He felt so hurt.

Tomorrow,he saw Eun Ji. It was his first time seeing her after her father’s funeral. She didn’t look well.

,,Hey.”

,,S-Sunggyu.” He noticed how lifeless she was and how her eyes looked tired and sad. She was dressed in black. He remembered how she couldn’t tell anyone about her father’s death since he’s also Howon’s father. If people knew how she debuted under her family’s business,she’d risk her all. If she could,she’d destroy Howon’s empire. But she knows she is the princess of it.

,,Why are you here?” Sunggyu smiled at how Eun Ji remained the same and sat next to her.

,,I’m worried for you,that’s why I came.”

,,No you’re not. You’re here because you pity me.” She said coldly,almost freezing Sunggyu’s inner self.

,,No,I’m not. I’m here for you.” Sunggyu said as he grabbed her hand,gently. She looked at him. She didn’t smile or leave. She only looked at him,while he warmed her hand.

,,It’s been a month. I miss my dad so much.” She said on verge of crying. Sunggyu never saw this side of Eun Ji. He didn’t even know she had it.

,,Of course,he was your daddy. Be happy to at least know him.” She looked at Sunggyu again. She felt guilty,he could see it.

,,It’s okay,I can’t change what happened. Neither can you,but at least you have something to remember. He happy because of those memories and cherish them your whole life.” Sunggyu said as he felt his heart squeezing after Eun Ji dropped one tear. After it,she started to cry. Sunggyu neared her and hugged her. Adding,he even kissed top of her head.

,,It’s okay. Everything will be okay.” He said as he tapped her back. He don’t know why he did this. He knew she was sad,but it wasn’t his style to hug and make other girls feel better. But maybe because it was Eun Ji. And half of him wanted to revenge to Ji Won.

Tomorrow,he was called by Howon.

,,What? You know why I did that!”

,,I know it very well,Sunggyu.”

,,Then,just block those news.”

,,They won’t stop following you two now. They demanded an explanation or they’ll publish it.”

,,Then,press charges on them,so something. You know there’s nothing between me and Eun Ji.”

,,I can sue them and all. But if they publish,people will see and more questions will start. So,what to do?” Howon said as he threw pictures of Sunggyu and Eun Ji hugging. Some reporter caught them,since they were sitting in front of the window.

,,Look,Sunggyu. If they find out we’re related and everything,scandal will come and it’ll destroy everything I wanted to do with my company! The company my father left me.” Howon sounded desperate and tired. His hand massaged his eyes and tried to calm himself.

,,Fine. Then,say we’re dating.”

,,W-What?”

,,It’ll be good no? I already saw some shippers of me and Eun Ji.”

,,Really?”

,,Yeah,couple of youtube videos with gathered fancams,claiming I watching at her and other stuff from some TV shows.”

,,You watched her? Really?”

,,Yah,I didn’t watch her..”

,,Then who?”

,,Well,she was standing next to Hyuna and Hyorin,so I kinda...you know.” Sunggyu said shyly as he watched his boss’s face turning into one huge grin.

,,I didn’t know Sunggyu had that side in himself.” Sunggyu smiled shyly.

,,So,you’re saying to tell them you two are dating?”

,,Yeah…”

,,And that fans will like it?”

,,Maybe not like it but they won’t hate it.”

,,Alright then. What to do even if you don’t like her?”

,,After some time,you can say we broke up or something.”

,,Sounds fair.” Howon nodded and showed one little smile.

,,Thank you for saving us,Sunggyu.” Sunggyu smiled as he left the office. Howon later called him to say how he delayed publish for the next week.

,,I’m giving you last week of freedom. You’ll need it.”

,,Thanks,Hyung.” Sunggyu said with little smile as he hung up. He couldn’t believe he proposed this. He wanted to turn around and tell Howon he can’t do this,but he felt bad. And part of him wanted to do this,to revenge Ji Won. He felt jealous of that guy. When he’s alone at night,he imagine being him. He imagine having her next to him. He wanted to be with her.

,,Aish,why am I like this?”

Next week,whole Asia was shocked to hear two mainstream stars are dating. All news talked about it and their doors and private apartments were flooded with reporters. Eun Ji woke up in her apartment,just to receive a call. It was Howon.

She rushed down the elevator and ran out the building. Luckily,reporters didn’t know the address of her secret apartment. She put a mask on and hurried in her van.

She woke up seeing news of her dating Sunggyu. Not that she’s offended by it,but she is hella surprised.

,,Oppa didn’t say anything to me… Neither did Sunggyu...Maybe he’s as surprised as me.”

,,Act surprised.” Howon said to Sunggyu before he heard giant footsteps in front of his office.

,,Oppa…” She looked at him and then looked at Sunggyu and blushed. Both Howon and Sunggyu looked at her in ave.

,,What’s happening?” She said,returning to her old self.

,,Reporters accused you two for dating each other.” Howon said not sounding regretful or angry like Eun Ji expected.

,,Over this little photo?”

,,It means a lot to them.”

,,Oppa,but is this...okay with you?”

,,Why wouldn’t it be. If it’s okay with Sunggyu,then,we can confirm you’re dating.” Eun Ji widened her eyes. She always liked Sunggyu,since their high school. She always followed him around,knowing they’ll be dating made her happy. She shyly looked at Sunggyu,that smiled shyly at her.

,,I agree.” Her jaw dropped out of surprise.

,,You’re agreeing to...date me?” Sunggyu smiled at the silly Eun Ji.

,,Yes,I do.” Eun Ji looked at his happy face and ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

,,T-Thank you,Sunggyu.” She said shyly once again and smiled.

Sunggyu smiled back,even though he wished Eun Ji put his hands off him. He liked her as his friend,but as his lover? He couldn’t imagine. He smiled and did opposite of his wishing. He hugged her back.

Once they left Howon’s office,they went to Woollim cafe downstairs.

,,Howon seems busy.”

,,He bought Seoul hotel.” Sunggyu widened his eyes and stopped eating his cake. He immediately thought about Ji Won,since she worked there.

,,What?”

,,Yeah,he wants to expand our business.” She said nonchalantly as she ate her cake. Sunggyu thought how Howon changed. He started to look more after his company and care more for his siblings. He even saw his crazy younger brother working as a manager of Woollim merchandise stores.

,,He wants to take care of us. He suddenly became head of the family after all.” Eun Ji said with a chuckle.

,,Why do you hate him so much?”

,,Because he’s the heir while he’s not even from this family.” Sunggyu widened his small eyes.

,,W-What? How come?”

,,You see,our father was married to our mother-Tae Hyung Oppa’s and mine mother. While Howon is a child of a mistress.”

,,M-Mistress?”

,,Uhm. Our father met her somewhere in Greece,fell in love with her and had a child with her. But,he was engaged to my mother and came back to Korea,marrying her. While she was pregnant with Tae Hyung,he went and secretly meet up with his mistress and her son,which is Howon.”

Sunggyu widened his eyes. Suddenly,mighty Hyung didn’t feel so big to him anymore. More than it,he felt sad for him.

,,After 13 years like that,his mother suddenly passed away,and Howon had to move in here,with all of us. My mother was broken knowing all these years,he was cheating on her.” Eun Ji chuckled. Now,everything was more clear to him. Sunggyu felt sad and his chest felt tight.

,,My mother tried to accept him,but he was always calling her Mrs. Jung. Even after all these years,he still calls her like that. But,I’ll never forgive my father when he proclaimed him as a heir. We only got some shares,while he got the throne. We were his legal kids,while he was always kept as a secret. So,everywhere he was presented as my mother’s child,and our brother. The saddest part is how father loved him mostly.” Eun Ji’s eyes started to fill with tears and she sniffed.

,,And I forgave my father for everything. For being useless and living my whole life in hate. I hate my life,I hate everything.” She started to cry and Sunggyu couldn’t stand looking at this unrealistic Eun Ji. He neared her and cupped her face.

,,I can’t tell you to stop hating Hyung or your life,but ‘ll tell you this.” He said while showing little smile to calm her down.

,,A father is a parent and he loves his kids equally. I don’t have to know Mr. Lee to know he loved all of you.” Eun Ji looked at him,with her cute face. She surprised Sunggyu while hanging her arms around his neck and slowly neared him to her.

,,Thank you.” She whispered before she landed her lips on Sunggyu’s. He looked shocked,but at her state,he decided it’s better to just kiss her. He returned her a kiss,while closing his eyes. But still,his mind was full of thoughts about Ji Won. He imagine Ji Won. That’s how he could kiss her.

=====

,,So,how are you adapting to this?”

,,Well it was surprising like a lot.”

,,I’m always making you surprised no?”

,,But tell me,out of all hotels you could buy,why Seoul hotel?”

Howon turned to me and looked at me.

,,Because it’s the nearest hotel to my building,I like it and I always hold meetings in here.” He tangled his fingers with each others and sat across of me.

,,Your hair grew.”

,,T-Thanks.”

,,I didn’t see you in a while.”

,,You changed.”

,,Hmnm?”

,,I didn’t see you since that party. You said you’ll come back in a few minutes,but you never did. And here we are,3 months later.”

,,I was...busy.”

,,It’s okay,since you are a busy man.”

,,My father died.” I closed my mouth. Geez,did I just act sassy because I hated the fact he left me that night? I didn’t even hate it since I spent it with Sunggyu.

,,I-I’m sorry…” We were in silence for couple of minutes.

,,It’s okay.” He hung his head.

,,D-Did he...die..that night or?”

,,No,he died one month ago.” Howon said with a sad smile.

,,Are you alright?”

,,I will be.”

I thought about our meeting. Howon didn’t forget about me after all. I sighed into the air.

,,Thinking much,princess?” I jumped after I felt hot breath on my ear. I know who it was immediately.

,,Namu?” I turned around and I was so happy to see his grinning,cheesy face looking at me. I jumped into his hug and felt nothing but his warm hug.

,,Missed me much,princess?”

,,Uhm…” I hated to admit,but yeah,I missed him so much. I never thought I’ll miss some other guy except for Sunggyu so much.

,,I missed you too.” He said as he pulled me out of his hug,just to cupe my face and kiss me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Soon,we noticed we’re still on the street and decided to move. We sat at some nearby cafe and giggled.

,,You’re so pretty today.”

,,You tell me that every time.” I chuckled.

,,It’s because every time I see you,you’re prettier.” He said as he touched my hair.

,,Yaah,you and your greasy words.” I giggled at him. Soon after,waitress came. She looked at Woohyun and smiled. She put some cute faces while standing and waiting for Woohyun to look at her and order. Then I looked at Woohyun and he was looking at me!

,,O-Order.” I wanted to see if he’ll flirt with that girl.

,,Hmnm… I’ll take some pancakes,how about you?” He said still looking at me. He was tapping with his fingers on the table and with his other hand,he was supporting his chin,that rested in his palm. He looked at me like a child looking at the candy.

,,Wh-What?”

,,Did you made your mind on your order?” He said cutely,still looking at me,scanning my face. It made me blush.

,,I-I won’t eat anything.”

..Yaah! How come? You’re skinny,you need to eat!”

,,S-Skinny? Yaah,would you like me to be fat then?”

,,But you need to eat,yeobo,please order. You just finished your work…” He made sad,puppy face and how to refuse him?

,,Ahh,I’ll take pancakes as well.” He didn’t even look at the waitress as she stood there for around 5 minutes. She left our table,kind of pissed off. I guess she hoped to at least be noticed by Woohyun.

After pancakes arrived,we dig into them and only then I found out how hungry I was.

,,Slowly,slowly.” He said as he giggled. I showed one little smile and concentrated on my pancakes.

,,I need to go to toilet,I’ll be back fast.” He suddenly said. I mumbled one ‘’uhm’’ because my mouth were full.

,,Breaking: singer Kim Sunggyu…” I immediately turned my head in TV’s direction when I heard Sunggyu’s name ,,...and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji found out to be dating!” I widened my eyes and felt my jaw dropping. I stood up from my chair,but I wasn’t the only one. Couple of other girls in cafe stood up in ave. Guess he was their ‘’oppa’’.

But I can’t express how shocked I was. As an evidence,their pictures together displayed and it was hard to watch.

,,S-Sunggyu…” I felt tears formed in my eyes and I felt my throat dry. I sat back down and drank some water. When I looked at the remainings of my pancake,I felt sick. I lost my appetite.

,,I’m back.” I saw Woohyun and for some reason,I felt anger.

,,You still didn’t finish? Aigo,you eat like some mouse.” He chuckled as he was looking at me. But I didn’t move. I was angry at Woohyun for some reason. I’m here with him,and Sunggyu is now with that horrible person. If I didn’t agree to be Woohyun’s girlfriend,I’d be on Eun Ji’s place.

But what am I even thinking about? That’s not possible. She’s a star,he’s a star,they were knowing and meeting each other for 7 years now. While I’m erased from his memory. What a cruel world.

,,I-I need to go now.” I said as I stood up and left the cafe. Woohyun was surprised as he quickly pay and ran after me.

,,Hey,hey,what’s wrong?” He stood in front of me and held my shoulders. I was on the urge of crying. Now I felt sorry for acting like this. It was not his fault at all. And I liked him for that.

,,Stay…”

,,Hmn? Yeobo,what are you saying?”

,,Stay with me…” I didn’t have voice to speak. I was hurt and speechless.

,,I am. I’m doing that.” He said as he hugged me.

,,No. Whole night…” Woohyun widened his eyes and looked into my eyes.

,,A-Are you alright?” I didn’t say anything as I planted one passionate kiss. I felt so angry,hurt and sad. But having him next to me is so comforting.

,,Stay with me tonight.” I whispered at his ear as he kissed my cheek.

,,I will.”

=====

I’m sorry for my late update ><

I was quite busy…

Please enjoy this chapter ^^