The One - 3

[SONGFIC] The One

 

 

"Soojung's first love must must have hurt her a lot." Suho said as soon as they arrived home. "For her to hate him like that. He must have done something very unforgivable."
Myungsoo, who wasn't himself the whole night, sat in the sofa right away, still thinking about the words she said a while ago.

---

"Are you willing to give a second chance?"

Soojung felt that everyone's eyes was glued to her, anticipating her answer. She clenched her fist and took a deep breath. No, she's not going to let him see her breakdown once again.
No, it's been five years Jung Soojung. Five long years without him. You have moved on okay? You were just surprised. You hate him. No.

"No." she said it loud and clear, making sure that everyone - especially Myungsoo, will know  that she was very certain about it. "I won't accept him."
She then fixed her eyes onto Myungsoo's and continued speaking. "Because If he really loved me and if he was sincere of the promises, then he woud have not left me in the first place. He won't let me cry, and won't let me feel that I was unloved." She then faked a smile and looked at Minhyuk. "I am not that stupid to make him hurt me once again."

Silence was heard in the whole living room. Sulli and Victoria looked at her worriedly. Soojung on the other hand, nodded at the two, making them sure that she was okay and she can handle everything.

"Good!" Minhyuk exclaimed while grinning evily at Myungsoo. "Now, let's move to ano---"

"Do you still love him?" Before Minhyuk could even continue, Myungsoo already asked her another question. Tension was felt between the two as she shifted her gaze to him.
As soon as his gaze landed on her eyes full of pain and hatred,  it somewhat made him realize something. She wasn't the same Soojung anymore. She wasn't the happy one, the carefree one, and the positive one anymore. Instead, she was the broken one. She became the girl who was full of anger of hatred. Girl full of doubts. She became the girl he knew she never wanted to be, and it tormented him, for he knew that he was the one who made her like that.

"No, i don't love him anymore." Her voice echoed in his head. "I don't want him in my life anymore."

 

---


"Good morning!" Soojung greeted him brightly as she sat beside him., again. 
Myungsoo sighed and looked up at her, feeling annoyed. "Why are you here?"
"Uhh, obviously, to sit." She answered as she did what she does all the time, occupying the two seats next to her by placing her things on the chairs.
"Look for another place." 
"You don't own this seat." She huffed and pulled out her notebook. "Stop acting as if you own this place."
"Ughh seriously." Myungsoo groaned. "Do you ever realize that y
our voice is annoying? Also, you and your friends are so noisy, i can't concentrate."
Myungsoo's words fired Soojung up as she stood up and picked up her things.
"Fine then. I don't want to sit next to guy with a ty attitude anyway." She angrily dragged her feet and transferred to the seat in the front. "And thanks for ruining my mood."
"Whatever. pffft." Myungsoo rolled his eyes and  continued with his bussiness.

As time passed, the students in the classroom started to increase but something caught his attention.. One of his classmates, Jinhwan, sat next to Soojung. At first, everything seemed to be going fine when he noticed that Jinhwan was already starting to give Soojung a erted look and started playing with her hair, and it was very evident that Soojung was not feeling comfortable about it.
He wanted to pull her way from Jinhwan and his friends, but he tried to convince himself that it was none of his bussiness. But what made him furious is when Jinhwan placed his arms on Soojung's shoulder. "Stop that! Seriously." She complained but he did not listen to her, instead, he kept on moving closer.

And just like that, Myungsoo, without second thinking,, walked towards Soojung, gave Jinhwan and his friends a bad look as he grabbed Soojung's hand. "Sit with me."
Soojung looked at him in disbelief. "Uhm excuse me? let me remind you that YOU just insulted me a while ago and let me transfer seat, and now you're telling me to sit next to--"
Without letting her finish, Myungsoo picked up her things, not letting go of her hand, and dragged her to the seat where she was sitting a while ago. 
"WHAT THE HELL?" it was all that Soojung can say as he looked at Myungsoo confusingly, who was at the moment, placing her things on the chairs to occupy two seats next to her.
"Are you crazy?" Myungsoo hissed after he fixed her stuffs and placed them the way it was before. "You should've transferred seat as soon as he started doing that to you."
"You let me transfer remember? I had no choice but to sit there." She pouted  while looking at him. "You even insulted me, how dare you."
He gazed at her, feeling guilty. "Aish! I'm sorry okay?" He let out a heavy sigh as he looked at her. "Just.. don't sit there anymore. From now on, that's your permanent seat okay?"
Soojung rolled her eyes. " You sound like a protective father." She then let out a chuckle. "Thank you for caring anyway."
"Pfft. Whatever. You're still annoying."

 

And maybe that was the day that Myungsoo started caring for Soojung.


---

 

SOOJUNG'S P.O.V.

"Do you still love him?"

Here it goes again. His eyes, His voice.

His words that seemed to open the scars once again. It has been five years, why am I still feeling the same way? Why am I still hurting? It makes me very mad at myself. I hated him more than anything. I loved him more than anything. Because, he was everything. And I hated that, too. For a long time, I was convincing myself that I was over him even though I know to myself that it was all pretend. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Why does he have to come back? Why does he have to ruin everything? I was doing well without him. I was already starting to pick up the pieces of my heart and was trying to fix myself the way I was before.Why does he have to come back and ruin it again? Why is it that when I looked at him, everything came back. All the memories I thought I burned inside my head, started to come back and hurt me once again. I was getting better, But then I remembered what I was trying to get away from, I rememberd the things that tear me apart. And now I'm back at the start.

I don't know, I just feel lost inside myself.

---

MYUNGSOO's P.O.V.

"i don't love him anymore."

That was all I can think about. 
I felt so much pain, and I know I deserve it. I deserve everything that I'm feeling right now.

"
"For her to hate him like that. He must have done something very unforgivable." Suho sat beside him and asked. "Do you know that guy?"
I nodded. "Yes, I know him." It's me.
"He's a jerk." His face was serious. "I may not know the reason why they broke up but damn, he's a jerk for hurting such an amazing girl and letting her go."
Suho is right. I am a jerk. I had her once. But I broke her heart and ruined her. I don't even deserve forgiveness.
If only I had realized that I losed the moon while I was busy counting the stars.

I still love her, but she's better off without me. and she deserves better.
"I am more determined to make her my girl now." He continued. "I will never hurt her, nor leave her, like what that jerk did to her. She deserves to be loved."
I was silent all this time. Suho was right, I was a jerk for letting her go. She deserves better, someone like Suho.

Suho looked at me with sincerity in his eyes. "Please help me get her. I want to give her the love she deserves."


---

 

Author's Note:

WAAAH! IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO UPDATE. 

first, because i've been very busy with college and stuffs
second, is because i've been (kinda) going through a uhh... reltionship problem? hahaha i know it's silly, but i kinda feel what Krystal was feeling up there ^
*throws bananas at myself. ew yumi stap stap*.

ANYWAAAAAAAAYYYYY, what do you think of this update? please comment below <3 kamsaaa