The One - 1

[SONGFIC] The One

Song: Let Me Be The One | Listen here

 

 ----

 

MYUNGSOO'S P.O.V.

 


January 28. I thought to myself as I took a sip of my cappuccino.
It's her 23rd birthday today. 
It''s funny how I can still remember every little details about her. Her birthday, her favorite food, her favorite drink - everything.
Even her smile is still clear to me - even though it's already been five years.

 

"So, when are you going abroad?" My thoughts were cut by Suho's question. "You seem to be thinking of something so deep Myung." He let out a chuckle.
"One to two months from now I guess" I smiled at him and took another sip of my drink. "It depends on how long my papers will be processed."
"Uggh.." He groaned. Suho has always been my closest cousin ever since, so I understand that this is a bit hard for him. But we're grown ups now, and I know he understands.
"But..uhh.. Myungsoo..." he scratched the back of his neck. "Can I ask you a favor?" he chuckled nervously.
"Sure, what is it?"
"Uhmm...well.." he stuttered, "I've been fancying someone at work---"
"What?!" I laughed as I looked at him surprisingly. 'He doesn't really like the idea of Dating' and any other things related to that so I'm quite surprised that he 'Likes' someone.
I guess he's human after all.
"Aish! Let me finish.." He looks serious. So maybe he does like someone. "She's pretty, intelligent and all but--"
"Impress her then. Catch her attention often"
"That's my problem. It won't work." He sighed. "I tried so many times for these past few months but she doesn't seem to notice."
"Why do you think she's like that?" I asked curiously.
He drank his coffee and continued. "Her friend says he's still in love with his first love in college." he heaved a sigh. "I don't know. I mean is it possible for someone to fall in love with someone that's gone?"
Yes, you idiot. I'm still in love with Soo Jung - although she's not my first love though. "Maybe you have to replace her first love." I don't even know if it's possible though.
"I know, and since you're the one who's good with girls.." he looked at me as if he was a little boy asking for a candy, "Before you go.. please... pleaase help mee..."
"Of course I will. I'm your only handsome cousin so I'm the only one that can help you." 
I grinned mischievously. 
"Aiiishh.. Cheeky as usual." he chuckled as he glanced at his wristwatch. "Hey, by the way, I'm going somewhere tonight. The girl I was talking about, she's having a small celebration at her place. Wanna come with me?"
"Uhh sure. I can't turn down such an offer.. Plus I'm excited to meet the girl who made my cousin's heart flutter."
"She's awesome I promise!"
"She must be."

 

---


SOOJUNG'S P.O.V.

 


Let me be the one to break it up 
So you won’t have to make excuses
 

"Happy Birthday Soojung-aahhh~" I still remember his voice, his smile, everything.
It has been 5 years, I thought to myself.

We don’t need to find a set up where 
Someone wins and someone loses

 Five years has passed. Yet it still hurts.
The memory keeps on hunting me. And every single day he's still the one in my mind.

We just have to say our love was true 
But has now become a lie 

But then again, maybe we're really not meant for each other.
Maybe we're just meant to cross each other's path, and not to stay.

So I’m tellin’ you I love you one last time 
And goodbye 


"This feelings won't go anywhere. Go, Please forget about me."
But no matter how much suffering I went through,
I never wanted to let go of those memories. 


 


"Krystal~" I was brought back to my senses when Jinri, one of my college bestfriends hugged me from the back. "Happy Birthday Sweety~"
I turned to face her and grinned. "Thank you Jinri-aah~"
Victoria, who's behind Jinri, carrying a big box, smiled at me widely. "You're old already!" She teased.
"Yaaah. I'm still the prettiest here so who cares about the age?" The three of us laughed as I took the box from Victoria and placed it under the table.
"I hope that's another mickey collectible~."
"Nope. Not anymore." The two of them chuckled.

Together with Sulli and Victoria, we cleaned up the house, they prepared the dining table, and of course, I cook.
If there's something that I'm really greatful of, it's my bestfriends. The both of them had always been there to celebrate with me for the good times, and were always there to support me and be my shoulder to cry on in my bad times. Friends like that are so rare, And I'm very thankful that I have them.

"Soojung-ahh! Happy Birthday! Stop eating a lot please. You're getting fat!" Nichkhun, Victoria's longtime boyfriend for 8 years, who's in Las Vegas, greeted me via Skype.
"Yaah. I'm on a diet okay? Plus I started working out so I won't get fat anymore." I stuck my tongue out as we laughed.
"Baby, stop telling Krystal the truth okay? She's trying to convince herself that she's thin" Victoria giggled.
I am so amazed by how these two lasted so long. They have been in a long distance relationship for 8 years, and yet, they still loved each other like before - or even more.

Sulli, on the other hand, is also with a relationship with one of my college friends - Taemin, for about four months. I knew they will end up together. It's just that Taemin's too shy
to admit his feelings towards Sulli, since he always got his tongue tied when he's in front of her. Good thing he finally had the courage to confess -- 2 years after the graduation. Yes, It took him that long.

My other college friends came as time passed. Yuri, Sehun and Chanyeol. Also my officemates - Yoona, Seohyun, Woohyun, Seokjin, Namjoon, and lastly Suho.

"Yaah. what took you so long!" I asked Suho as soon as he entered. "You're fifteen minutes late. You owe me more chocolates." I approached him and smiled.
He chortled as he ruffled my hair. "I know, I know. That's why I bought you chocolates aside from my gift to you." He gave me four boxes of ferrerro rocher chcolates. Suho is indeed rich.
"Thank youuu~" I accepted them wholeheartedly. "Come sit with us. we're just about to start eating."
"Uhmm, by the way..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I brought my cousin with me, is it okay?"
"Sure! No biggie! let him come in~"
"Okay, wait a sec." He hurriedly went out.
I was just about to get them some plates when..

"Guys, I would like you to meet my cousin..." 


And what happened next, was something I never expected to happen.


"Myungsoo."

"Soojung."



----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nyaahhh~ I hope you like the first update.
I MISSED AFF SO MUCH HUHUHUHU
it's been years ;_; <3 i've been so busy with college recently

but really I hope you liked it though~