The One - 2

[SONGFIC] The One

Fanfic Trailer is already out! If you haven't watched it, watch it here.

The beautiful poster is made by chrldonr . Please visit her graphic shop here.


-----

 

It was his third day in college. And still, he got not friends.
Myungsoo's not the kind of person who makes friends easily. He's shy, cold, and would rather stay alone than to hang out with people that he doesn't like.
"Room 705.." He mumbled to himself. Finally, he found his room for his next class after 30 minutes of wandering around the campus.
His university was quite big so finding the rooms for his next class is one of the most time consuming things that he has done for the past few days.
He slowly opened the door and looked around. He realized he's quite early since there's still a few students inside the room.
He quitely went inside and sat at the 3rd row.
He then inserted her earbuds, pretending to be listening to music in his phone (even though there's no music playing in reality) just to have an excuse for ignoring people.
As time passed by, students started going inside, but still, no one sat beside him. He knew only few will bother to sit in that row, because most of the students prefer the seats at the back and hates the 1st to the 3rd row, since it's near the proffessor.

He was busy scanning his schedule when someone tapped his shoulders. "Uhmm excuse me," it was a girl's voice. "Is someone siting there?" He looked up.
He realized it was Soojung, he wasn't really sure of the name, but he knew that she was quite known in the class, since she always gets the highest score in every quiz (so far).
Their classmates even labeled her as "Human Encyclopedia" for she seems to know everything. "Aniyo, no one's sitting there."
"How about the two seats next to it?" 
He shook his head and continued what he was doing a while ago.
"Yes!" he heard her as she hurriedly sat next to him. "Victoria sits here, and Sulli sits here." she murmured to herself as she put her bag and her notebook on the two vacant seats,
making sure that no one other than her two friends will sit there.
He shook his head and chuckled to himself, eyes still in his notebook. How can a 
Human Encyclopedia be as cute as that,
He expected her to be snobbish and everything like in the movies, he thought.

She glared at him. "Are you laughing at me?"
"No, I'm laughing at what I'm reading." He answered, not even bothering to look at her.
"What's funny with the schedule?"
"Why do you care?"
"Tss. Weirdo." He smirked as he heared her murmur again.


 

And that was the first day Jung Soojung entered Kim Myungsoo's life.
 

---


SOOJUNG's P.O.V.


"Myungsoo." That was the only thing that came out from as soon as her eyes met that eyes of him, again. She wasn't expecting this to happen. She wasn't expecting for them to meet again this way. She was stucked at the moment, eyes still locked on his. She doesn't know what to do. Will she slap him? kick him? or rather hug him and never let go.

"Soojung." his voice, she remembered that voice. It was the voice that made her heart beat fast, yet it was also the voice that broke her heart, but it was also the voice that mend her heart everytime. And she hated it. She hated the fact that even though five years has passed, that deep voice of his still makes her heart flutter, and makes it sink at the same time. His voice still gives her that mixed emotions that she felt many years ago - still gave her the feelings that she was not supposed to feel anymore.

"You guys know each other?" Suho's voice brought me back to my reverie. He smiled as he looked at me, Myungsoo, then back to me. "I was just going to introduce you to each other."
"Oh.." I don't know what to say. I was still surprised and dumbfounded.
"So where did you meet?" Suho asked curiously.
"Uhmm..aah.."
"We became classmates in college. We went to the same university." Myungsoo answered.
"Ahh, yes we are." I tried to fake a smile as I nervously lead them to the Kitchen. "You two must be hungry, you should eat first." 
I felt the awkward atmosphere between us. Ugh, what is this, why should this happen?

I noticed the shocked expression of my college friends - especially Sulli and Victoria as the three of us arrived at the kitchen. I noticed how Myungsoo tried to avoid their gaze and I noticed that apologetic and sad look they were giving me. I noticed everything but I need to act unaffected. I shouldn't be feeling this way. It shouldn't matter at all. Five years Soojung. FIVE YEARS.

"Why is it quiet all of a sudden?" Suho asked, still clueless of what was happening. "Am I too handsome, huh?" He joked.
"That was the biggest lie ever, Suho. Just.. stop." said Seokjin. Everyone laughed and giggled, except the both of us.
I was just silent all along while we were eating. I can even catch Myungsoo stealing glances at me, but I try so hard to ignore him. Victoria and Sulli were also looking at me from time to time, and I just smiled at them, assuring them that I am okay. Of course I am ok, why shouldn't I, right?

Sulli broke the silence when she squealed. "Taemin's here!" she exclaimed as she ran to the living room to open the front door.
"Thank goodness, she'll stop complaining." Victoria sighed in relief. 
"I know right." I chuckled as I stood up to get more drinks. Just as when I was about to open the fridge, someone ruffled my hair from the back.
"Yah. Jung Soojung. Happy Birthday." he let out a small laugh and continued. "My wish is for you to stop over-eating, it's a sin."
I turned to him and grinned. "Yaah. Kang Minhyuk, I thought you aren't coming."
"I also thought so. But well, you're Soojung. Of course I'll make time." He replied brightly.
"Oh well, you should help me here instead." I smiled a bit as I gave him the bottle of wine and eyed the fridge.
"Yes maam!" he responded cheerfully and took another bottle of wine in the fridge.
He was about to give everyone a glass of wine when somebody familiar caught his attention.
"Kim Myungsoo?" his expression changed. "You're here?" he then shifted his look to me, still flustered. 


----

MYUNGSOO's P.O.V.


"Taemin's here!" Sulli ran excitedly to the living room to open the door. Sulli haven't changed at all. She's still very childish - even though she's the oldest from the three. 
But what really surprised me was the person who approached Soojung. "
"Yah. Jung Soojung. Happy Birthday." Kang Minhyuk.
"Yaah. Kang Minhyuk, I thought you aren't coming." she smiled brightly at him. That smile, I missed the times when I was the reason for that smile.
"I also thought so. But well, you're Soojung. Of course I'll make time." I stared at him as I drink my juice.
"That's Kang Minhyuk." Suho whispered to me. "Krystal's closest friend, they say. Tss." He glared at him. "I think he likes Krystal. But don't he dare. just, don't."
Yep. He liked Soojung. And I think he still likes her now. And I know, he's one of the happiest person when the both of us broke up.
Just as when he turned, his eyes landed on me. "Kim Myungsoo? You're here?"
"Kim..Kim... what?" I can hear Taemin as he hurried to the kitchen. "Myungsoo? why are you here?"
"Myungsoo, why does everyone know you?" Suho murmured.
"He's Suho's cousin." Krystal retorted right away as she dragged Minhyuk and Taemin to their seats.
"Oooh, I see." Taemin nodded as he glanced at Suho and back to me. 
"So the Chief Financial Officer is your cousin."He smirked and stared at me, as if he was teasing me through his eyes.
Taemin grinned widely. "Does your cousin even know that you were Soojung's---" his words were cut when Sulli immediately pulled him close and kissed him in the lips passionately.
Victoria laughed, Soojung and Minhyuk was dumbfounded, Suho was still serious, while the others cheered for them. Wow Sulli. what a way to stop your boyfriend from talking. I guess I was wrong when I thought that she never changed.
"Get a room!" Sehun, who never liked skinships, shouted in disgust.
"Hey, Taemin. can you continue what you're saying." Suho demanded.
"He was my . Acquaintance party." Krystal replied right away and turned to me, faking a smile. "Right Myungsoo?"
Of course, as expected from the Human Encyclopedia, she's very fast at making excuses. "Yeah, that's true."
"Oh.." Suho just chuckled and punched my shoulder jokingly. "Yah. I'm jealous. You're so lucky."

After everyone finished eating and having a few chats, many went home already, since it was already late.
All that's left is Minhyuk, Taemin, Victoria, Sulli, Suho, and me, who were sitting on the carpeted floor with our legs crossed, just like the old days when we used to hang out at Victoria's house when we were in college.
"Should we play a game?" Suho suggested.
"What game?" Victoria asked.
I can feel that Soojung was uncomfortable by the way she avoids my glances. We were so close yet so far. I wanted to hug her, I wanted to beg for her forgiveness. I want to kneel down and ask for a second chance.
But I know that even though I do all that, she won't accept me anymore. It's too late. Five years was a long time.
"Spin the bottle."
"Ugh, not that again." Sulli groaned as she chewed her bubble gum.
"Krystal decides." Suho turned and pouted at Soojung. "Krystal. Pleaaase. Let us play this game."
"Aish. Play what you want." Soojung didn't want to argue with it anymore.
"Use this bottle." Minhyuk placed the bottle in the middle. "Since Soojung's the birthday girl, she'll be the one who will be asked."
"EH?"
"Don't complain." Minhyuk continued. He spinned the bottle and the bottle ended up pointing at him. I knew he did it intentionally.
"Oh, it's me." he chuckled as if he was surprised and looked at Soojung. "Answer this in complete honesty ok?"
"Ok."
"So, Soojung." He looked at me, smirked, and back to Soojung. "What if your first love, the one who hurted to, the one who made you cry countless times, the one that made you an option, comes back?" His playful expression suddenly became serious. "What if he begs for your forgiveness? What if he says he still loves you? Will you still accept him? Are you willing to give a second chance?"


---

Okaaaaay. that's it. nyaha i hope it's not that lame ;-;
I'm sorry for the late update T^T something came up the last time so I wasn't able to do it.

Anyways, Let's have a game! I'll ask questions everytime I update and I'll give away 100 Karma points for the best answer.

So chingus, the question is: 

"What if your first love, the one who hurted to, the one who made you cry countless times, the one that made you an option, comes back? What if he begs for your forgiveness? What if he says he still loves you? Will you still accept him? Are you willing to give a second chance?"

Go answer it chingus <3 And I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye for now!