The Coffee Prince

Heavy Men-tal

                                        

 

"Honestly, can you believe Kyungsoo? He met Park Chanyeol! And got into his stupid band yesterday! And didn't even drop hints that I'm into him or anything! You know, you’d think he’d at least mention that I’m single!" Baekhyun pouts as he sips loudly at his drink. Jongdae nods understandingly from his seat across from him in the coffee shop. Whether he’s nodding because he agrees with him or just moving to the beat of the jazz playing in the background of the quiet coffee shop, Baekhyun’s not sure.

 

“Well.. Couldn’t you just ask him out?” Jongdae asks with a cat-like tilt of his head, flicking his drink straw in the general direction of the barista’s uniform-clad self. Baekhyun’s jaw nearly drops to the floor.

 

“Are you out of your mind? Me? With Park Chanyeol that close to me and breathing the same air as me and maybe buying me flowers and… Just because you write those stupid romance novels doesn’t mean you know everything about love, y’know! And I don’t know if he’s even gay, Jongdae!” he sputters.

 

“I’ll go ask him. “ Jongdae says matter-of-factly, standing up before Baekhyun has a chance to grab his arm and yank him back down into the chair. He bites back a shriek of outrage and buries his face in his hands defeatedly as his friend saunters up to the counter. The few minutes that they converse pass like eons to Baekhyun. Jongdae returns and sits back down with an unreadable expression. His lips are pursed.

 

“What happened?” Baekhyun asks as he slowly lifts his head back up..

 

“I asked if he liked guys. He said that he likes everyone. “ Jongdae huffs.

 

“Oh my God, that’s absolutely adorable. Wait, but you didn’t actually ask him if he was gay?”

 

“I thought he’d get the point. I was trying to be subtle, Baekhyun. He seems like he’s ridiculously dense. If you want an answer, you’re going to have to ask himself yourself. ” Jongdae says, sympathy in his voice.

 

“Jongdae. I can’t talk to him. “

 

“You talk to him all the time. “

 

“Not about.. Dates. And feelings. I don’t do feelings. “ Baekhyun groans. His fingers tap on the glass surface of the table, a comforting staccato rhythm. Jongdae snorts.

 

“Wow, I had no idea. Just.. It’s not hard to ask people out. Just say: Hi, you’re cute, do you want to go out this weekend or something like that. It’s simple.”

 

“Fine. I’ll try. “ Baekhyun mutters, strolling up to the counter. It’s a slow day, so he’s sure he can take up as much time as he wants to talk.

 

Jongdae flashes him a motivational thumbs-up from his seat. Stupidly perfect Park Chanyeol smiles at him when he approaches, white dress shirt visible from behind his apron. The sleeves are partly rolled up, exposing his muscular forearms.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun. Do you want anything?“ he asks in his lovely low baritone. His Adam’s apple bobs. Baekhyun’s throat suddenly dries up. He rehearses the words in his head, running through the possibilities. I want to go out. Do you have a boyfriend? You free later? You got this, Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s so cute. So adorable. So.. Chanyeol-like. Oh, God, he keeps blinking. And now Chanyeol’s looking at him again with those stupid beautiful big eyes and messy hair and perfect kissable lips—

 

“I want to do you. “ Baekhyun stammers. Chanyeol blushes, the tips of his large ears turning red as he opens and closes his mouth a few times trying to decide what to say. The color drains from Baekhyun’s face, suddenly realizing what he just said. He rushes out of the front door of the shop, not daring to look back.

 

(A/N: Thank you for showing so much love to this fanfic already! I really appreciate it!)