Part 3

Flowers for the Devil

The sun was up and shining, and like every usual Tuesday morning Kyuhyun was, again, lazing around as a book flops open on his face while his body is doozing off on the sofa.

 

"Master Kyu don't you think it's time for you to get moving? Sungmin should be done with his classes by now." Hyukjae reminded as he glance his wrist watch. Silently he starts counting from 5 to 1 and as if on cue Sungmin arrived.

 

"Good morning Kyu." He cheerfully barged beside Kyuhyun who is still lazy but now sitting on the sofa. "You know today..." Sungmin started to talk about what he studied and Kyuhyun can only look at him with so mich fondness in his eyes.

 

Hyukjae secretly smiled as he watch the two. He would have never thought 15 years ago that Kyuhyun will have the heart raise a child like Sungmin.

 

"We'll keep him for the mean time. Once I'm tired of him then dispose the child."

 

He remembers what his master said ages ago.

 

But it never happened. He never grew tired of Sungmin. Day after day he sees something he never saw in his master for the past decades thy shared together. He has been serving his master for as long as he can remember. They had shared several lifetimes and he knows Kyuhyun is the type who ges tired of things and people for a short span of time. But it never happened with Sungmin.

 

The child they raised brought something to the cold hearted demon. Hyukjae may not know what or why. If it's with Sungmin's warm sunny smile or his innocent heart or pure mind. None does he knows. But one thing for sure, it was him who can only melt the demon's ice cold heart.

 

He had never seen Kyuhyun took care of something not even someone. Kyuhyun never spoiled anyone. He never even looked fondly of someone other than Sungmin. 

 

"I'll go get something to eat." He said but the two seems to be immersed with their conversation that none of them heard what he said. He slightly shook his head and left the room instead.

 

---

 

The sky was dark and lonely and from the looks of the surrounding it seems like the world never had a touch of sunshine. There were blck crows flying and the ground was gray.

 

At the top of the hill was a huge castle secured by thousands of demon soldiers. The whole castle was quiet but not at peace... there was never peace at THE DEMON WORLD....

 

"Ryeonggu. Come here my little giraffe." A man with a red cape ordered. His eyes were flaring as he taps his long slender finhers on his throne.

 

A small man trying to be brave from his shivers moved closer and bowed his head.

 

"Your majesty." He gave his respect.

 

"Bring that bastard Kyuhyun here as soon as possible. By hook or by crook I need him here in my castle!" The man demanded. 

 

"As you wish your majesty."

 

"How can a man like him stays in the human world." He mumbled. "He's the next demon king for old time sake!"

 

---------

 

"Huh?" 

 

Sungmin who was busy sipping his tea suddenly heard some crashing from somewhere. He looked up the sky and saw some shades of gray clouds forming.

 

"What's the matter?" Kyuhyun asked, his brows were curled.

 

Sungmin's heart became restless without any reason. "Nothing. I just thought that maybe there's a sudden storm coming." 

 

"It looks like it's going to rain." Hyukjae agreed, looking up the sky.

 

Kyuhyun pats Sungmin's head. The little man never really like the rain and though Kyuhyun never told Sungmin about the story of how first found him, Kyuhyun knew that somehow inside Sungmin's heart there was a fear from the past. 

 

"Be still. There's no harm in the rain." He tried to reassure Sungmin and though the latter smiled he knew it was never enough.

 

Sungmin on the other hand notice Kyuhyun's worried eyes and he never liked bothering Kyuhyun with his worries. He never really liked the rain nor did he ever dislikd it. He just feel scared with the rain and he feels like something is being taken away from hom with the loud thunders. He never knew why.

 

"Will you let me sleep beside you if it rains?" Sungmin asked while smiling.

 

"Don't push your luck kiddo." Kyuhyun said as he continued sipping his tea.

 

"But the rain..." Sungmin pouted and tried to give his puppy look to the latter.

 

"Not gonna work..." Kyuhyun ignored.

 

"But Kyu!!"

 

"Go away." Kyuhyun used his free hand, pushing Sungmin's face when he tried coming near him.

 

 

A/N: Been awhile. I'm so sorry I nevr updated like what i promised. I was planning to drop my writing hobby because I've been busy ㅜㅜ But I would like to atleast finish this story. From now on I'm not gonna give promises for updates. I will when I can. So I'm gonna ask for your patience. ^^/