Part One

Flowers for the Devil

Prologue:

 

It was raining so hard and most of the people down town were at home heating up their chimneys for warmth. The evening was on it's unusual darkness and the rain is heavier than expected. 

 

Amidst the silence of people and loud crack of the thunder was a woman crying out for help and mercy.

 

"Help!!! Please help us!!!" The woman cried. Her back is leaning on the wall, her hair is wet, her clothes are tattered while she clings and tries to protect a precious treasure in her arms along with her body.

 

The storm is not helping and moments later the young mother cough with blood. Her eyes were almost half closed but she keeps on figting not for herself but rather for her precious one.

 

"Help!!" She cried once more but it sounded more like a lifeless whisper. But again, there was no one to rescue.

 

The thunder roared again and the poor woman held his precious one tighter and tighter. She uttered a silent prayer. This time the tears are flowing as she sense the end of her life. Her stab wounds on the side was getting worst, she can no longer breath at all and her hands are loosing from the tight embrace. It's the end. This is her end. But she kept praying for someone to save her child atleast.

 

She leaned her head on the wall. Wanting to surrender. She fight long enough and seconds later a shadow of a man met her blurry eyes. 

 

"Help me." Her voice cracked. "No. Please help my child. Take him. Please. I beg of you. Take Sungmin with you. Please take care of my child."

The dying woman uttered with all she have. From her tight embrace he hand her child to the nameless and faceless man. She waited. Seconds later the latter took the child and the young woman breathed her last life. 

 

"Master, what on earth are you taking with you?" A man asked as he hurriedly attend to the man.

 

"We'll keep the child. Hurry back. I'm sleepy and tired." The man said as he hand the baby to his butler. They quickly rode the carriage and went way up to the mansion on top of the hill.

~ 15 years later ~

 

"Master Sungmin!! Master Sungmin!!" Butler Hyukjae shouted as he roamed around the garden of flowers outside the mansion. He plant his eyes from one direction to another and his Master Sungmin is no where to be found.

 

"What's the noise so early in the morning? Ahh ~ It's too bright!" A man wearing a long black coat whined.

 

Hyukjae turned his head and saw his Master Kyuhun flinching from the sight of the sun.

 

"It's already in the afternoon, Master Kyu. So no need to fuss about being loud this early. Plus, I can't find master Sungmin" Hyukjae explained as he again turned his head from left to right hoping to catch a sight from her beloved master.

 

"I'm here!!!!" From a distance the fifteen year old Sungmin appeared, there was a bright smiled plastered on his face and a sunflowers on his left hand. 

 

Kyuhyun and Hyukjae turned their head only to see a bright picture of a child running towards them bringing more brightness than the afternoom sun. 

 

"Good morning Kyu." Sungmin greeted as he throw his self to the other man and welcomed him with a warm embrace. "Did you have a good sleep?" He then asked while his head was looking up to the man.

 

Kyuhyun who's face is in grimace suddenly formed a slight warm smile on his face. "Who knows." He said.

 

"I picked up some flowers for you." Sungmin chirped as he hands the flower to Kyuhyun. Moments after the flowers began to wilt.

For more than a hundred of times Kyuhyun had already witnessed how Sungmin's flower wilts everytime he touches them. And for some damn reasons he was never used to it.

 

"I told you yo stop bringing me flowers that would wilt." Kyuhyun said, turning his back he walked away.

 

"Hyukjae, you think there will come a time where a flower will grow that will not wilt when Kyu touches it?" Sungmin innocently asked and for some reasons Kyuhyun stopped his tracks for awhile.

 

"Who knows? You think there will be?" Hyukjae asked as he looked at Sungmin's troubled face.

 

"A think there will be a flower for a devil." Sungmin replied and smiled at Hyukjae.

 

Unconciously Kyuhyun held a smile on what he heard. "A flower for a devil huh?" He whispered. 

 

It has been 15 years since he deliberately took the child from a dying woman under a crazy storm. It was just plain instinct and curiousity thay made him asked to stop the cartiage. There's no way that a mighty demon like him would stop and care for other person. But for some reason that night he did.

 

As far as he can utterly remember that night was his first night in the human world.

 

The woman was begging in tears. All helpless and dying. On the other hand the child was silently sleeping. He wondered how can a vulnerable creature like him can sleep soundly under a stormy night. He took the child and though he regretted it afterwards he raised him. That time, his stay on the human world was never the same way again. Not with Sungmin around.

A/n: I'll be dividing this fanfic for around 4 parts. I'll post the first part today. The second part tomorrow and the third/fourth is yet to be decided. Hehe ~ ~