Final

Train-Mate [ +a Bonus Chapter~! ]

Everyday, Every schooldays. Plug my earphone into my ears, play my favorite songs and close my eyes. That’s what I always do everyday, every schooldays, Inside the train. If only I can move to another place that is closer from my school, I would. Sadly, I only live with my older brother. My parents have passed away 5 years ago. My brother only works part-time job, because he also has to go to school, and so do I.

And today, in this morning, I do what I do as usual, until this guy came and approached me.

“ I’m sorry, can I sit there? “ I opened my eyes as I heard a voice came near me. I glanced at the seat beside me and look back to him. I’m pretty sure he was asking me so I give him a nod.

“ Thank you “ He smiled and quickly sat down. I look around and find so many empty seats, but out of those empty seats, why did he choose to sit here?

 

On the next day, the same thing happened. That guy sat beside me again. And I just realized that, He is extremely gorgeous. My cheeks are burnt by just thinking of that. I quietly take a peek of his name tag, and It reads, Kim Taehyung. I smiled. So that’s his name?

Day by day, I got used to it. I got used to sit beside him. And I realized that everyday, I learnt something new about him. I realized that we entered the same school, and the same level. I don’t know how come I don’t know him, but one thing for sure, he’s one of the member in a gang named ‘ Bangtan Sonyoendan ‘, a new gang that has just formed up 3 weeks ago.

And today, he asked me something.

“ You have been my train-mate recently, What’s your name? “ He smiled and offered a hand. I smiled and shake his hand.

“ Oh, I’m Jung Hyo Rim. You? “

“ Me? Taehyung. Kim Taehyung “  He showed off his teeth cheerfully. I replied him with a nod.

“ Nice to be your train-mate  Taehyung-ssi “

“ And so do I “ He smiled. And that’s how our conversation ended. I was kind of sad that we didn’t talk more, but I think I shouldn’t have expected more. Because I know I’m not more than his train-mate.

Weeks passed, and we still sit on the same seats as usual. Sometimes I caught him smiling at me like an idiot, but somehow, that’s the reason why I like him to sit beside me. And I learnt something new, I learnt to fall in love by just seeing his idiotic smile.

“ Hyo Rim-ssi, “ He suddenly called me. I quickly turn my head to him and mumbled  a word ‘hmm?’ to him.

“ I realized that we’re in the same level at school. But.., How come I rarely see you at school? I mean.. don’t you go to the canteen in our break time? “ He continued. I chuckled.

“ My friends once asked me why don’t I go out from the class during our break times, And you know what I answered? “ He shook his head.

“ I answered, ‘ I just prefer being in class, studying, rather than I go to that crowded place for nothing ’ “ I answered him with a smile at the end. He gave me his confused look.

“ Btw, I’ve never seen you at school too, Well, until you became my train-mate actually. Are you perhaps.. a new student? “ I continued, trying to change the topic.

“ Oh god, you really don’t know me? Are you really that rare to go out from your class? *chuckled* Well, I actually am a new student, and I’m Seokjin hyung’s cousin. Anyway, What do you mean by a ‘crowded place for nothing’ earlier? You know, you can eat and chat with your friends there! What do you mean by ‘Nothing’ ? “ He replied. So I think my sudden-changing-topic didn’t work, did it?

“ I got trauma. I don’t wanna get bullied anymore, Taehyung-ssi “

“ Bullied? You got bullied? “ I sarcastically chuckled.

“ Yeah. I got bullied once I was in the middle school. I was in the school’s basketball club that time, but then, I made the club ashamed by my stupid action towards our rival that made a fatal result. Since then, I got kicked out from the club and got bullied by my seniors “ I paused and sighed.

“ They bullied me right in front of the crowd at school. I can only stayed silent, surrender to that state. One by one, my friends left me. Wherever I go to a crowd place at school, they always mock me. I know that I’m not at the same school anymore, but I’m just.. afraid, that’s all “  I continued and ended up with a weak smile.

“ Ooh.. I’m sorry I was just asking.. I didn’t know you have a terrible past “ He awkwardly rubbed his neck. And I found it cute.

“ It’s okay. I don’t mind “ I smiled.

“ What about we walk to our school together? Maybe it can help you a bit to not to be afraid of a crowded place anymore. Don’t worry, I’ll be there beside you! “ He grinned and patted his left chest proudly. He’s so cute. I chuckled.

“ Can I trust you? “ I asked him carefully.

“ Of course you can trust Kim Taehyung! “ He gave me his eye-smile.

“ Well, let’s try “ I smiled.

 

10 Minutes later, we arrived at our destination.

“ We’re here! Let’s go! “ He took my wrist and dragged me out from the train. Well, that skin-ship made my heart skipped a beat, honestly.

“ It feels really good to walk with someone to school “ He smiled at me.

“ Yeah. I feel better. Thank you, Taehyung-ssi “ I replied his smile.

“ Oh come on, Just drop the –ssi! “ He said.

Unexpectedly, we talk more than I expected. We talked about random things and started to get closer. And that makes me a lot happier. Without us knowing, we have arrived at the school gates.

“ Wow, I didn’t realized that we’ve arrived! “ Taehyung blurted out. I giggled.

“ Yeah! Me neither! “  I replied.

“ Oh! They’re here! Come with me! “ He holds my hand and dragged me [again] toward a bunch of guys. I silently blushed. He holds my hand. For real.

“ Woah, Taehyung! Who are you dragging here? “ one of the guy asked as we stopped in front of some guys. Jung Hoseok, that’s what I read from his nametag.

“ Do you mean Hyo rim? She’s my train-mate! “ Taehyung answered and hugged my arms. Stop doing skin-ships Taehyung, You’re killing me.

“ Hyo rim-ssi! Nice to meet you! “ That Jimin guy [He’s really famous at school] suddenly took my hand and shook it. I can only nod and as I look around, I realized that these guys are the members of Bangtan Sonyoendan. Wait, I shouldn’t be here with famous people!

“ Uuh.., Taehyung, I think I should go now. Bye! “ I was about to go, but Taehyung doesn’t let go of his hug around my arm.

“ Why? I still haven’t introduce them to you! “ He pouted cutely. I sighed.

“ I’m sorry Taehyung, But this isn’t my place “ I said as I put down his hands from my arms. I quickly walked out towards my class. I guess this day is just another boring day.

 

The break time has started and I am here, inside the class as usual, alone studying.

“ If only I’m brave enough to go out th--- “

“ Hyo Rim-ah! “ I was cut by someone’s voice. I looked up and automatically widened my eyes as I saw the person.

“ Taehyung? How do you know my class? “

“ Well that isn’t important. Let’s just go to the canteen, shall we? “ He approached me.

“ No no no. Do you think I want to sit with those famous students? I can get bullied again, Taehyung! “ I replied.

“ No! We’re not going to eat with them okay? I am truly sorry for this morning, I forgot that you have--- “

“ I don’t like to go out, Taehyung “ I cut him off.

“ I’m here Hyo rim. I’m willing to help you “ He said with his genuine smile. I sighed.

“ Are you sure? “ I asked.

“ You gotta try Hyo rim “ He gently took my wrist.

“ Let’s go “ He continued as we both went out from the class. My heart keep beating faster than the usual. Nervous as heck.

As long as we arrived, I quickly buy foods and take an empty seat. And so Taehyung.

“ I’m glad that you’re not as famous as Jimin “ I said with a small laugh.

“ Well, that’s probably because I’m a new student. I’m pretty sure I’ll be more famous than Jimin if I came here earlier “ He chuckled. Why does he have to be that cute even when he laughed? :(

With that, we chatted nonstop until 10 minutes before the bell rang. We both stand up from our seats and Taehyung walk me back to my class.

“ I’m truly thank you for being here to help me, Taehyung “ I said as we arrived at the front of my class’ door.

We both smiled to each other. Does he have to do that smile? It really made me melt!

“ You’re welcome, Hyo rim. I’m going now ok? “ I nodded. He grinned and ruffled my hair.

“ Bye! “ He said as he walked back to his class. And here I am, secretly blushing from his cute actions earlier.

 

School has ended for today. And Seol Ra, my close friend, and I are preparing to go back home. We always go home together, but sadly, she doesn’t go home by train. So we only walk together until the train station.

“ Hyo rim-ah, I saw you at canteen earlier with someone. Why didn’t you tell me? “ She pouted. I giggled.

“ I got forced, you know “ I replied.

“ Eyy, really? Then, who is the one who ate with you? “ She smirked playfully. I was about to open my mouth, but—

“ Hyo rim-ah! “ Taehyung? I narrowed my eyes to see clearly who is running towards us. And I was right, it’s Taehyung.

“ Taehyung? What are you doing? “ I quickly asked him as he approached us.

“ Aren’t we going home together? We’re train-mate, remember? “ He answered easily. I sighed.

“ Anyway, who is she? “ He whispered.

“ Oh yeah, I forgot. Taehyung, this is Park Seol Ra, my close friend. And Seol Ra, This is my train-mate, Kim Taehyung “ And they did a short greeting to each other.

 

After that day, my days become better. For a week, Taehyung accompanied me at break times with Seol Ra. At first, I asked him if his best friends are okay with that, and he said he already have their permission to have one week with me. Well that made my heart beat too fast.

And today, as the school ended, me and Seol ra are walking towards the school gate [where Taehyung always waits for us]. But suddenly, someone called us from the back.

“ Sunbaenims! “ We quickly turned our body toward the voice.

“ Oh, Annyeong! Can we help you? “ I asked the girl with a friendly tone.

“ What’s your name, sunbae? “

“ Me? I’m Jung Hyo Rim. And this is Park Seol Ra “ I answered.

“ Oh. Hmm.. actually, I’m just here to say that, we as Taehyung oppa’s admirers, Don’t like to see you both hang out with Taehyung oppa. I don’t want to seem rude, but we are not only from Grade 9, but some of us are also from Grade 10 and even 11. If we find you guys are still hanging out with Taehyung oppa at school, You’ll never know what will happen next. Is that clear, Sunbaenims? “ Well the last word sounds pretty sarcastic.

“ Wait, Did you mean Taehyung has many admirers? “ Seol Ra asked. Actually, That’s also what I thought.

“ Not that many, but we’re strong enough “ She answered. Ew, that was the most disgusting self confidence ever, plus.. rude.

“ Well, if there is no more questions, I gotta go. Bye “ And she walked away. We both still froze from what we heard. We really didn’t know that Taehyung has admirers, I mean, we don’t have any problems hanging out with him but then suddenly, today, a 9-grade student came to us with that.

“ What do we do now? “ I asked Seol Ra.

“ Can you talk to him to not hang out with us anymore? I’m scared “ She answered. I sighed.

“ I.. I don’t know.. you know how much I like him, don’t you? “

“ But.. you don’t wanna get bullied anymore right? Well at least tell him about what just happened Hyo Rim-ah “

“ I.. I’ll try “ I forcedly answered.

“ I’m sorry Hyo Rim. Let’s go “ we both continue our walk. As we saw Taehyung wave at us, we can only smile.

“ Where were you guys? You’re late than the usual “ Taehyung asked.

“ We have something to do before. Btw, I can’t join you guys for today, I’m sorry “ Seol Ra answered as she gave me codes to talk to him about earlier.

“ Well that’s okay “ Taehyung replied.

“ Ok then, Bye! See you guys tomorrow! “ She walked away while me and Taehyung here started to walk to the train station together.

“ Hyo Rim-ah, I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t think I can join you for lunch anymore.., my best friends only allowed me for a week. It’s not that they don’t allowed me to be with you.., But I feel guilty toward them if I always eat with you.., what about you and Seol Ra join us at the break time? That sounds good right? “ He said. I smiled.

“ It’s okay Taehyung. And for the questions, I’ll ask Seol Ra later, okay? “ I replied.

“ Okay “

And as usual, Taehyung tells so many stories even inside the train. Usually, I’ll do the same, but now, I’m just keep responding his stories with a small laughs or smiles. Well that’s probably because I’m still stuck with what happened earlier. I don’t know if I should tell him or no. And this made me crazy.

But then, I realized that Taehyung suddenly stopped his story.

“ I don’t know what happened with you, but Hyo Rim, I know there must be something not good just happened, right? “ He asked. I can only answer him with a weak smile and shook my head.  

“ Hyo Rim “ He gently put his fingers between mine and holds it. I can’t hold my heart beat and I’m pretty sure I’m blushing hard, so I put my head down.

“ I’m willing to help you. Sure you still haven’t trust me 100%, but I’m not gonna stand still here and do nothing. I’ll make you trust me a hundred percent sure, Hyo Rim. I’ll be here “ I can hear sincerity towards his voice. Taehyung has made me changed to be a brighter person even we only become close within a week, and Taehyung has made me fall for his idiotic smile. He might not know my feelings, but I don’t wanna get far from him.

Unconsciously, The train has stopped at the station where we have to get down from the train. And we both get out from the train with our hands still locked together.

“ Hyo Rim, I wanna tell you something “ He said as we got out from the station.

“ Go ahead “

“ You’re not only my train-mate nor my friend, but you’re also someone I care for. If anything happens, tell me. You have my shoulders “ He smiled. I feel like crying if he keeps saying those things to me.

“ I’m alright Taehyung. I gotta go now “ I turned my body to the opposite direction. But then, Taehyung took my wrist and turn my body back, facing him.

“ I forgot something “ And with that, He hugged me. I can’t even believe this is real. He lets go of the hug and cupped my face. A second later, his lips landed on my forehead.

“ I’ll be here, Hyo Rim “

 

 

 

 

That’s when I decided to be here with him even if I have to get hurt and I know this isn’t the end because I have him by my side.

And you know what? This is the moment when I start to think that Kim Taehyung is not an ordinary human. He’s a gorgeous alien that made me changed.

 

 


Oh yeah! don't forget to click this --> https://gremacham.wordpress.com/ 

[ it's my blog! ]