Part Two

Although I Love You

I am working on my old fics too. Bear with me. kkkk thanks to the friends who encouraged me all this while ^^

SH

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already dark; Siwon was busy in the kitchen when he heard noises from the living room. A tall figure walked lazily to the kitchen counter, yawning and was shocked to see the wall clock showing it was already 9pm.

“You awake.” Said Siwon who glanced to the back where Kyuhyun stunning.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” He pouted

“You were sleeping like a baby...how can I wake you?”

“It’s strange, I couldn’t sleep well the past few weeks, but I was sleeping like a baby on your couch? Unbelievable...” He titled his head wondering curiously.

Siwon gave him a smile; it’s good to listen to Kyuhyun nagging especially in his after wake up voice, the mixture of cuteness and iness. Oh crap! Siwon shook his head, stopped his brain from thinking before it went too far.

“Or maybe it’s not the couch.” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself but too loud that he covered his mouth afterwards. “I should get going then!” He announced and was about to take his phone from the living room, then his stomach grumbled.

Siwon chuckled “You can’t go with your empty stomach. Get some food first.”

Kyuhyun grinned and nodded weakly, too embarrassed to decline the invitation.

He set himself on the kitchen stool facing Siwon who was busy with the microwave while back facing him.

This back is very familiar, the one that protected him from harm, shield him from numerous troubles. It feels like home. Why can’t he love him and be happy together? Don’t be bothered with who they are or what people say. Happiness should be in the first place... but will they be happy if they ignore who they are and what people say...or will one of them be?

A weird noise broke Kyuhyun’s reverie, his phone which was left unoccupied on the coffee table vibrated

“Hello hyung....hm...your...text? Sorry I was sleeping.... yes...dinner?” He glanced at Siwon but fast enough to turn his glance when Siwon looked at him. “Why haven’t you had your dinner?” he whined “It’s already 9pm.........yah! You’ll make me fat eating at this hour........... Alright, I understand, be there in a moment.”

“Sorry, I forget to tell you that he called for several times when you’re sleeping.” Siwon said half guilty half unpleasant

“Oh...it’s okay...”

But then he just got it that Siwon must have looked at the caller ID ‘Jagiya’

“He was the one who changed his name on my phone, every time I changed it back to his name, he would change it back to this ja...giya.” whispered at the last part.

Siwon just stared at him; didn’t know how to react to that and Kyuhyun was no different, he felt stupid to explain such thing, it is not like Siwon cares... or so he thought. They don't belong to each other anymore, yet...it was quite bizarre to talk about someone else in that term to Siwon. It was always about them.

Siwon and Kyuhyun were standing on their spots; one holding a bowl of stewed kimchi while the other gripping his phone tightly, both were staring at each other.

“Uh well...” Kyuhyun broke the eyes contact battle first “I should go now, he is waiting.”

“Hm...”Siwon nodded. Assured Kyuhyun with one thin smile.

“Thank you for the couch, and.... dinner next time.” He pursued his lips into a childlike grin.

“Drive safe.” Kyuhyun was gone behind the door along with Siwon’s appetite to have dinner that night.

 

 

***

“Hyuungg... I am sorry, but- Changmin is here and he wants to buy some stuff for his cousin in Busan, he wants me to accompany him shopping, is it okay if I don’t join you guys today? Really? I mean...I can always ask Changmin to ask Minho and someone else. Ah really? Okay...thank you hyung... have a nice evening with your friends.”

When Kyuhyun clicked the end button, he was welcomed by a confused Changmin with both hands on his chest, ready to interrogate Kyuhyun.

“I don’t remember asking you to accompany me?” Changmin said with a perplexed look with a glint of suspicious on his face.

“You didn’t? Well then, I volunteered.” He said absentmindedly

“Wait wait....I don’t get it, what’s your intention?”

“I am just trying to help a friend in needs. You should be touched, to be honest.” He shoved his phone inside his pocket and took the key from Changmin’s grip.

“I am not touched when you use me as an excuse to ditch your old boyfriend, not at all.” He followed Kyuhyun from behind towards his car.

“Geez....I am just trying to be a good friend. You should be grateful to have me. For your information, he is 37, he is not that old.” He opened the car door and set himself comfortable in the driver seat.

"Care to explain why you chose to shop with me than drink tea with your not so old boyfriend? Isn’t it fun talking about how is the election going nowadays or something about politics is nice too?” Changmin laughed

“Shut up before I change my mind.” But Changmin continued laughing. “I am serious, Changmin.” And by that Changmin shut his mouth close.

 

 

***

“Go...” Kyuhyun pushed his best friend away.

“What? I thought you wanted to help me picking stuffs.”

“Nope. I am gonna be at the music’s stall. You go suit yourself!” Changmin shook his head in disbelief but walking over to the foods stall while holding grudges.

 

When Kyuhyun was going through some new released CDs, a voice intrudes his activity.

Giyu...” the nickname alone already gave Kyuhyun goosebumps, in this world, only a few people call him by that nickname, first, members (when they ) second, boyfriend...wait ex-boyfriend, and.........ex-boyfriend’s best friends.

“Brian hyung?” both exchanged hugs and greetings. It’s been a long time since the last time they met, not because Siwon has broken up with Kyuhyun and remotely cut the tie between Kyuhyun and his best friend, but they just don’t meet often.

“So I heard from Siwon that your album is doing well even till now?” Brian gave a gleeful smile.

“I am thankful that many people like my musics, hyung...”

“Siwon is really great at promoting though. Even before the digital album released, he kept reminding us to listen by the time and of course we listened, all Siwon’s friends listened actually.” He snickered and succeed to plant blushes on Kyuhyun’s cheeks

Well done promotion Choi Siwon, Kyuhyun thought “Ahh....I am really thankful hyung. I listened to your last album a lot too.”

“Well..... We all know he is really proud of you. I am happy to see you two keep taking care of each other like that.” Brian patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

Kyuhyun only smiled weakly, Can’t I run away or something? Will he stop talking about me and Siwon if I cry right now?

“Anyway, how is the bracelet?” Brian added.

“What bracelet, hyung?”

“The one Siwon planned to give you, the custom-made bracelet; it was designed by a friend of mine.”

“I...I have no idea about it....”

“Ah I am sorry, he said it was a surprise, ah.... my mouth. I shouldn’t have told you about this. Really sorry.” he chuckled

“Ah hyung, it’s okay...”

“It’s been two months though.” Brian mumbled “Okay then Giyu, we will talk later, take care alright?”

“Yes hyung, you too.”

Whoa...it’s getting hard... Kyuhyun sighed, losing another 7 seconds of his life.

 

 

SM Ent.

They met again at the office, manager called that they have something to talk about new CF and some delayed schedules. Kyuhyun examined the tall figure in front of him and decided to speed his pace so he could walk beside him.

“Where is my gift?” Kyuhyun said to Siwon who was walking beside him to the meeting room.

“Huh?” Siwon stopped on his track and turned to see Kyuhyun.

“My gift. The one you wanted to give me....?” Siwon was still puzzled. “Nah, forget about it!”

Kyuhyun waved his hand and entered the meeting room, annoyed.

 

----