Bless You!

Bless You!

“Oh no.” Were the words that left Seungcheol’s mouth. He sighed and face palmed.

“Yeah, he’s sort of bundled in his covers mumbling something about not wanting to make anyone else ill.” Chan confirmed, nodding.

Poor Jihoon had left the practice room late last night and it happened to have starting raining on his way home. Not having a coat the boy got soaked was now suffering as a result.

“Okay, who doesn’t have schedules today?” Seungcheol asked the collective group of members who were having an ‘emergency meeting’ in the cramped kitchen of their dorm.

Only one hand had risen as an answer, it was Soonyoung. Due to his superb performances in all of their lessons recently he was rewarded with a day off. He sensed what was coming next and it meant that he wasn’t going to be having such a chilled out day after all.

“Do you think you could take care of him while we’re gone?” Seungcheol asked the boy. Soonyoung simply waved the question away.

“Yeah hyung, it’s no problem don’t worry about it.” He replied anyway before returning to his bowl of cereal.

“Thanks Soonyoung. Okay guys, let’s get everything together and get going.” The leader ordered, the members scattering as a response. Seungcheol gave Soonyoung a nod of thanks before also leaving the room to collect his things for the day.

The members left as Soonyoung was finishing up his breakfast and the noisy chaos was replaced with a blissful silence. Whilst he seemed not so bothered about looking after Jihoon for the day in the other member’s eyes, inside he was jumping around in excitement.

After washing up his bowl he decided to check up on Jihoon to see if he needed anything. He wasn’t prepared for the state of the boy though.

“Jihoon-ah~” He gently shock the sleeping lump of duvet. Said lump groaned and rolled over to reveal a red faced and eye watering Jihoon. Jihoon’s cheeks were adorable and puffy on his best of days but this was ridiculous, the poor boy looked like he was struggling to breathe. Soonyoung brushed his hair out of his face to feel his forehead. He was really burning up.

“Hey, you okay?” Soonyoung asked softly. Jihoon’s eyes became teary on top of watery from the cold.

“I’m sorry for being such a burden; I’ve ruined your day off.” He sobbed croakily. Soonyoung laughed at his cuteness.

“Don’t be stupid Hoon-ah you’ve been working so hard you are definitely not a burden for being ill. Although, it was a bit stupid to not bring a coat to practice yesterday.” He added the last sentence as a joke to make the boy feel a little better; everyone needs to laugh a bit when they’re down, right?

Jihoon smiled slightly at Soonyoung before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

“Hey, I’ll be back in a minute okay?” Soonyoung said before dashing out of the room. Five minutes later he returned with a bowl of cold water and a face towel. He placed them down at Jihoon’s bedside before turning to raid through Hansol’s accessories draw.

After pulling a large pink clip from it he returned to Jihoon’s side and once again brushed his fringe back. This time though he used to clip to secure it in place making the boy’s forehead more accessible.  It suited him and Soonyoung smiled when he had his back turned.

“What are you doing?” Jihoon asked, his eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

Soonyoung proceeded to soak the cloth in the water before ringing it out and placing it across Jihoon’s forehead.

“My Mother did this for me when I was ill; I found it really relaxing as well.” Soonyoung replied looking over Jihoon’s face, smiling softly. The cold ridden boy sighed in content, it was indeed relaxing. It didn’t take long for him to fall into a slumber and Soonyoung thought it best to let him rest and went to watch TV. He returned to the bedroom every fifteen or so minutes to change the cloth.

After about five visits Jihoon woke up and complained that he was bored and didn’t want to stay in bed.

“Hmm, how about we watch a film together?” Soonyoung suggested as Jihoon sat up, the pink hair clip still holding his fringe out of his face. He nodded, accepting the suggestion.

“What film should we watch?” Jihoon asked, his voice was nasally and Soonyoung found it too adorable.

“Hmm… oh! How about Lady & the Tramp?” Soonyoung suggested excitedly. Jihoon blushed at Soonyoung’s smile and just nodded. He hoped Soonyoung wouldn’t notice with his face already being red.

Both boys settled on the couch in front of the TV with a fluffy blanket big enough for the both of them to be wrapped in. Soonyoung had made some popcorn for them and poured two glasses of orange juice. With the laptop set up to stream through the TV they were ready to watch the film.

It was late in the afternoon when the film reached its end and Jihoon had fallen asleep against Soonyoung’s shoulder. Without disturbing his sleeping angel he managed to put another film on and wrap his arm around the boy. He ran his fingers through Jihoon’s still pinned back hair and smiled to himself as the opening credits started. This hadn’t turned out to be such a bad day off after all. He got to snuggle with Jihoon and baby him, what more could he want.

At this thought, Jihoon nuzzled closer into Soonyoung’s chest and he swore he was about to explode from happiness. He swooped his head down for a quick kiss on the forehead and watched as Jihoon’s lips curled into a smile. Perfect. He thought. Soonyoung turned back to the TV and continued watching films until he fell asleep at about six o’clock.

The members returned to the dorm not long after seven and awed at the two cuddling members. Jihoon was buried in Soonyoung’s chest while the later rested his cheek on his head. The boys couldn’t resist taking a picture before waking the two up for dinner.

They ate dinner sleepily before washing up and going to their respectful rooms, both a little embarrassed from the members who had shown the photo of them asleep together.

Soonyoung was just about to get into bed when he heard a knock at his door.

“Come in.” he said just loud enough for the person on the other side to hear and the door creaked open to reveal a Jihoon once again wrapped in blankets.

“Sorry, I was just wondering if maybe, I-I could sleep with you, j-just for tonight of course.” Jihoon stuttered, blushing. Soonyoung smiled tiredly and gestured for the boy to come over and get in bed. Soonyoung followed suit once Jihoon was comfortable and together they fell into a blissful sleep – neither would admit it but they hadn’t slept this well in a long time.

The next morning they were both woken up by the bustling noise of the other members in the dorm. Jihoon’s face was a lot less puffy and red but he was still snuffling.

“Thank you for yesterday.” Jihoon said as Soonyoung sat up.

“That’s ok- *achoo*” Soonyoung sneezed violently, cutting his own sentence short. Ugh, his body felt horrible and hot. He sneezed again. Oh no. Jihoon looked at Soonyoung with concern.

“I think I’ve caught your cold.” Soonyoung’s voice was nasally just like Jihoon’s was. He flopped back down onto the bed with a sigh. But Jihoon couldn’t help laughing a little as he apologised.

“I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay, I’m sure I’ll get over it qu- *achoo*” Soonyoung sneezed once again.

“Bless you!” Jihoon exclaimed. Soonyoung only smiled at him as Jihoon then announced that he would take care of him.

END.