Someone familiar? (E)

EXO Next Door [~]

 

 

 

"Seul Jin-ah!" I heard someone called out my name when I was talking with the guys at the side of the field. His voice was familiar enough and I turned my head to look around, before caught someone in my sight.

 

There he was; my so-called secret admirer, JB, eyeing me with a smile carved on his face and walked to me with his right hand held something.

 

"Who is that guy?" I heard Chen asked his friends when JB was about to come closer. Oh please, he's not my boyfriend. We're just friends.

 

"I guess, it's her boyfriend and he's here to take her out for a date," said Tao with a sly smirk plastered on his face while he rested his arm on Sehun's shoulder. I saw twelve pair of eyes locked on me as if they were hoping I would at least response to Tao's statement.

 

Just when I was about to speak out the truth, JB stopped right in front of me, "Hey!" I smiled, awkwardly, "….Hey!"

 

"You know, I called you many times earlier but you didn’t answer at all. I thought you were busy or something. But, am I disturbing you right now?" JB asked when he realized I was spending with the guys and the way how he looked at them, showed like he wasn't satisfied to see me to be sitting there with them.

 

"Her boyfriend. I'm very sure about it," Chen whispered to Xiumin. "….Do you think so?" Lay interrupted quietly when he looked a bit puzzled. "Of course, because that dude seems doesn’t like to see us with her."

 

"And what's wrong with that if she has a boyfriend?" Chanyeol asked when he wasn’t looking like he liked to hear his friends talked about it. He just hated it when his friends seemed to be obsessed over their new neighbor which is obviously, me. He scrunched his nose when his eyes fell on me, like he could kill me with that stare.

 

 

"Looks like, I'm disturbing your time. I'll just go back home then." JB was about to turn around but I held his arm, looking at his frustrated face when I wasn’t answering to his questions earlier. "…You're not disturbing our time. They're actually my new neighbors that are living next door. And, we actually get to know to each other more."

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips, "Get to know each other, my . I don't even want to know you." Sehun heard Chanyeol mumbled those words under his breathe and he eyed with his serious look, "You know, you shouldn’t be saying those words to my baby girl."

 

"You get to know with that girl for a few days and you're acting so protective over her." Chanyeol started to bicker.

 

Sehun was about to say something but I interrupted them, "Guys, sorry for not introducing you to my friend. This is JB. He's my closest friend."

 

"Hi, JB! Maybe we can spend our time together, you know, like playing soccer together," Kai joked with a wide grin when he shook his hand with JB. I saw the way he tried to approach JB even though I knew JB very well ever since we were friends. JB usually wouldn’t be starting a conversation or approach anyone, unless someone started it first.

 

JB took his hand and they shook their hands, carving smiles, "Sure, I'd love that." And I saw JB smiled. The guys actually did the same as they shook their hands with him. Well, those two giant poles and the panda guy were showing like they disliked me to be there after they greeted JB. I rolled my eyes, right before JB could notice us.

 

"I guess, I should be leaving first. I'll see you guys next time." I said and left before I caught Sehun was waving his hand to me, excitedly. He was so adorable with that smile and silly ever since I knew him for the first time. JB and I walked away from the field and headed to the apartment.

 

It was awkward when we entered the same elevator when only both of us in there. JB helped to punch the upward button and the door closed. Only the sound of our breathing could be heard. I hate this awkward situation when you're in the same elevator with a friend who has feelings for you.

 

"JR didn’t come here with Jackson?" He broke the awkward situation and I shook my head, "I heard that he's busy for a few days. Maybe, he'll drop by when he has free time." I spoke and looked down to his hand when he was holding something. "You're bringing something with you?"

 

 

JB smiled and he held up the thing in front of my face, "Fried chicken! I know you love it," he wiggled his eyebrow and I chortled before taking it from his hand, "Thank you for the foods. You know how much I love chicken more than anything."

 

"You should be paired up with Onew for CF. Your obsession over chicken, psh," JB shook his head when we walked out from the elevator, right when it stopped at the level of my apartment. I giggled with the way how he reacted and he knew how much I get obsessed over chicken. Couldn’t blame me for loving chicken more than anything, though.

 

JB entered my home and his eyes wandered around since it has been awhile he didn’t get to visit my place. He took a seat on a couch and I went to the kitchen to grab  some drinks in the fridge. I saw his figure when he came to the kitchen. "I've been wondering how girls take good care of their house. It's much better than my place."

 

"Well, that's because you're living with those dorks, that's why." I said, reminding him about the other six members of GOT7. Except JR since he rarely stayed at JB's place. BamBam and Yugyeom did live with JB after getting approvals from their parents.

 

Well, Jackson, Mark and BamBam were not living with their parents since their parents stayed in the other countries. I knew BamBam and Yugyeom very well since both of them studied in the same high school with my brother. It would be easier for me to spy on Ha Joon in case he decided to do something bad behind my back.

 

I poured some drink into a glass and handed to JB as he took a drumstick of the fried chicken and put it for me, "Eat well. I know you love drumsticks a lot."

 

"You should eat, too." I said after thanking him. He nodded his head and pressed a button on a remote control, flipping through a few channels on TV and he started to eat as well while taking his seat beside me.

 

I have been missing the moment to sit beside him like that and spend our time together without having to feel awkward over something. I tried to forget the thought of him liking me secretly away from my thinking box. I shouldn’t be ruining our good moments together as friends, am I right? After all, I couldn’t simply ignore him like that just after when I knew the truth.

 

I heard JB laughed with the gag show on the TV and I eyed him from the side. I didn’t know why but I felt guilty for not being able to feel the same way like he did.

 

Am I too cruel for not accepting his feelings?

 

---

 

Chanyeol tapped his book with the back of his pen a few times before he heard Baekhyun entered the room and laid on his bed. They shared the room along with D.O and Kai since each room could fit about four persons. Baekhyun eyed Chanyeol who gazed out through the window with his fingers were holding the pen. Baekhyun threw a small pillow on his head, caused Chanyeol to get shocked.

 

"Yah!" Chanyeol glared and threw back to his roommate. Baekhyun giggled when he sat up on the comfy bed, "What's bothering your mind?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"You're acting weird."

 

"I'm not."

 

"You're not thinking about that girl, aren't you?" Baekhyun guessed. It took for a moment before Chanyeol took a deep breathe and turned his chair around to face with him. There were only both of them in the room meanwhile the others were busy doing their own activities. "Can I ask you something?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun started to get curious to know and he moved closer, "What?"

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, "Don't mention about this matter to anyone."

 

"Dude, we have been knowing each other since middle school. Why would I tell about your secrets to anyone else?"

 

Chanyeol nodded his head when he remembered that Baekhyun never spilled the truth about his secrets to anyone. Not that he didn’t believe the other members. He just felt comfortable with Baekhyun since they have been friends for many years and Chanyeol shared most of his secrets with Baekhyun and same goes with him.

 

"You know, I don’t usually hate anyone for that long." Baekhyun listened to him while nodding, "…And?"

 

"I don’t get it why I'm hating even more when I'm seeing that girl."

 

"And you hate her because she spilled the drink on your shirt?"

 

Chanyeol shook his head, "No. I'm not that cruel to be taking it too serious. But, I feel like something is not right when I saw her for the first time."

 

"You like her, don’t you?" Baekhyun but only to be received a death glare from his friend. He lowered his head like a puppy and looked down to the bed sheet, "….Okay."

 

Chanyeol leaned against his seat and let out his deep sigh, "When I saw her for the second time, I felt like she's familiar to someone that I used to know." With that, Baekhyun lifted up his head and his eyes almost popped out to hear it, "Seriously?! You know her?!"

 

"Aish, I told you that I felt like she's familiar to someone. I'm not very sure about that yet," said Chanyeol before making his move toward the bed and laid his body on it. Baekhyun rubbed his chin a few times while thinking something, "Someone familiar? Your first love?"

 

"There's no way she's my first love!" He spoke, kicking Baekhyun's to move his friend on the other side of the bed. Baekhyun groaned in pain and glared, "I was guessing, there's no need to kick my !"

 

Chanyeol giggled immediately with the way how Baekhyun whined as they started to kick each other's off from the bed. But then, someone opened the door widely while staring at both of them.

 

"Hyung, you can have bromance session later. Kris hyung is calling for dinner." Sehun spoke when he acted so cool while saying those words to s. Chanyeol and Baekhyun gasped to think how Sehun left the room and they heard him laughing in his evil way for teasing s over the bromance session.

 

"Who the heck is having bromance? This kid! Aish!" Chanyeol get off from his bed and went out from the room, only to be followed by Baekhyun from the back while shaking his head to think why the maknae could act so weird among s.

 

 

---

 

I laid myself on my comfy bed with both of my legs were brushing against the orange polka dot bed sheet. Staring up at the ceiling of my room, I let out a deep sigh to think about myself and everything.

 

First, JB. I knew he tried not to make the situation to feel awkward since he never mentioned anything about his feelings but the way how he looked at me, showing like he wanted me to know the truth behind all of the way how he acted to me. Guilty filled in my heart for not being able to accept his feelings but it just that, I cared about our friendship more since we have been knowing each other for so long.

 

I turned myself to the right and darted my eyes to the window. Another thing that kept bothering me was Chanyeol. I didn’t know why this guy could give a lot of effect on me in these few days.

 

Did he cast a spell on me to make me think about him all the time?

 

Did he hate me that much for that incident? I mean, hello? He could just wash the stain away easily without making it such a big deal to hate me around and threw his glares.

 

But, his name sounds familiar to me. Like, I've heard it somewhere before.

 

I laid my back once again and faced the ceiling, "There's a lot of people in this country has the same name like him, Kang Seul Jin," I thought in my mind while hugging my plushie closer to my chest.

 

I shouldn’t be thinking such of thing about that giant pole after what he did to me. At least, getting to know that EXO lived next door could be much better than anything.

 

I didn’t know why but Kai's smile has been lingering in my mind. The way how he smiled at me when we met for the first time and how he treated me so nicely without saying out any hurtful words like the giant pole. Ugh.

 

 

 

There was no way I'm falling for Kai. Wait, am I falling for EXO member?!

 

I patted my cheeks a few times to think how I could easily fall for one of them just in a few days. Kai really get to cast a spell on me with his charming smile.

 

This can't be. I shouldn’t have a crush on Kai when we just met for a few days!

 

 

 


 

 Geez, I feel like this chapter T_T