Big Trouble (E)

EXO Next Door [~]

 

It was early in the afternoon during weekend which meant that I didn’t have any classes to be attended at my college. At least, I got to spend my time at home rather than having to get stuck with college and friends.

 

Friends? I do have one which is the closest one at the moment. Most of the others who used to be my friends, ended up by stabbing behind my back just for their own good sakes.

 

Why?

 

Because I'm the daughter of a businessman who married to a surgeon and my friends classified me as a girl who came from a good and wealthy family.

 

And maybe that was one of the reasons why they were being friends with me, just because of money. Psh.

 

Luckily, I have this one friend who has been there for me almost about ten years and she has been living as my housemate ever since both of us got into a college together, almost about a year and half. We have been staying in an apartment which is located somewhere in Seoul. It belonged to my parents, to be very honest. And they were letting me to have it until I've graduated from my college.

 

'What a lucky life you've got.' The usual thing that I'd be hearing from anyone who knows me.

 

I didn’t get it which part of me is lucky. Either coming from a wealthy family or something else.

 

I'd consider myself lucky enough if I could have a boyfriend right now.

 

I've never been in love. No. Not for once.

 

Weird, isn't?

 

Well, maybe it was just because I wasn’t ready to be in love, yet.

 

"Kang Seul Jin!" I heard Hyejung almost yelled when she entered the kitchen. Her high pitch voice managed to snap me back to the reality before something filled my nostrils. It was the smell of the burning.

 

I looked down, only to realize my fishes were burnt in the pan.

 

"OMO!" I gasped, quickly did something to save the life of my fishes. This is like the ten times I almost set the fire to my kitchen.

 

"I told you not to day-dreaming while cooking!" Hyejung nagged when she helped me out to clean up everything. I pouted when my meals gone just like that for being careless. I threw the burnt fishes into the trash, "My bad."

 

"You almost killed us. I'll be cooking the meals. You better go and chop the onions," she ordered as she handed me two onions. "Don't day-dreaming again or you're going to cut your fingers like you did last two weeks."

 

"I know." I started to peel off the onions. Hyejung could act totally like my second mother who usually cared about me. She was the one who noticed any changes on me. Either I'm having my period or get frustrated over my favorite idols when I found out they were dating someone prettier than me. Nah, that was too much, Seul Jin.

 

"How is Mark doing? Is he back from his hometown yet?" I asked while cutting the onions into small pieces. Hyejung fried something in the pan and took a glance at me for a while, "He said that he'll be back tomorrow. I miss him a lot." Hyejung answered with her hand holding the spatula closer to her cheek.

 

I eyed her and raised a brow to see how she acted upon remembering about her beloved boyfriend. Hyejung and Mark has been in a relationship for almost six months. I witnessed how Mark tried so hard to win her heart and got rejected many times just because Hyejung was too deeply in love with her crush who acted cold like an ice. What a drama I've witnessed between the both of them before.

 

 

"Good then. I hope you can stop whining about your boyfriend." I mocked before she glared at me. "Excuse me, you never know how does it feel to be separated with your boyfriend for a couple of days."

 

"Yeah, of course. Because I don't have one." I finished my words and put the bowl of the onions that I cut on the counter before Hyejung took it and fried it in another pan.

 

It took almost about an hour for us to cook for the lunch. We prepared the meals on the table and started to eat our lunch together.

 

Hyejung fed with a spoonful of rice, "Seul Jin-ah…" "What?"

 

"Last two days, I talked with Mrs. Hwang when I was back from the college."

 

"Mrs. Hwang? Who is that?" I frowned and took a sip of my drink. I saw Hyejung was letting out a deep sigh with her eyes were locked on me, "She's living next door."

 

"Ah, that ahjumma." I grinned awkwardly to know that I forgot about the woman around middle 40s who lived next door. "What was it about?" I shot a question. Hyejung grabbed a shrimp and took off the shells, "She told me that Mr. Jung sold his apartment to someone and they're moving in by this week."

 

"Mr. Jung? And who is that, again?"

 

This time, Hyejung glared at me with a 'are-you-kidding-me-about-this-kang-seul-jin' look. I munched my foods and looked at her, "I'm being serious. Who the heck is Mr. Jung that you're talking about…." "It's the lawyer that lived next door to us last few months ago, pabo."

 

I scrunched my nose, "You called me pabo when the fact I'm letting you to stay here for free."

 

"Well, exactly. You should get to know about people who are living next to your place! How can you don't even remember their names. Geez." Hyejung nagged another time and I sighed deeply to think that I wasn’t that talkative compared to her.

 

Well, Hyejung is more likely know how to start a conversation with anyone that she knows for the first time. I'm not that type who would easily go crazy on our first meet. I would usually take a few times to adapt with the new person before getting comfortable to be friend with anyone.

 

"Seul Jin-ah, you really need to know more about your neighbors. They are the person who are living close to you and if anything happens in the future, you can count on them."

 

"I'm not a talkative person like you." "I know you're going to answer that," she replied. Feeling annoyed to hear the same answer from me.

 

 

---

 

 

I went to a café alone after spending my time at the bookstore to get a new edition of my reference book. It was just like an usual afternoon and I saw a few couples entered the café while holding each other's hands. I pursed my lips to witness the sight. Couples everywhere. Is it a dating season right now?

 

I ordered a caramel frappuccino and waited for my order at one of the seats, beside big transparent glass of the café. It was a few minutes before I heard my name was called to get the drink. I headed to the counter and took my drink before turning around to leave the café.

 

Bad luck, I bumped with someone accidentally, only to spill my drink on his gray shirt.

 

 

I gawked with the incident and knew that a few customers in the café were looking at me, including his friends who stood behind him. They looked as if they were shocked with what happened between both of us.

 

 

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to spill it on you." I said as I tried to take a few tissues from my tote bag to wipe on his shirt.

 

"That is Chanyeol's new shirt."

 

"She ruined the shirt."

 

"Oh man, another drama again."

 

He brushed my hand away before I could get to wipe his shirt. I looked up at the tall guy as he was glaring at me deadly. I gulped to know that I was totally in a big problem after hearing his friends whispered a few words. What the hell did I do?

 

"I'm sorry…" I apologized again. "Come on, Chanyeol. We can deal this. She just spilled the drink on your shirt. Don't take it too serious." A guy with baby-faced look said to him when he patted on his shoulder.

 

I bit my bottom lip, "I'm very sorry. I just…" "Watch where you're walking. You have a pair of eyes and I'm very sure you can see where you're walking."

 

"Don't worry. It's small matter. He's a rich guy. He can get a new shirt anytime." A guy interrupted both of us.

 

"Shut up, Baekhyun. I'm dealing with this woman. She ruined my shirt." He spoke. I gasped with his words. Okay, I apologized many times and he's taking this too serious. This giant pole should at least say something that will make me feel better.

 

"Excuse me, I know that it was my fault…." I couldn’t get to finish my words when someone caught my eyes from the outside of the café.

 

It was my brother who was walking with a girl and his arm was wrapped around her shoulder.

 

Kang Ha Joon, you're dead this time!

 

The guys seemed to look at the spot where I was looking at and they were frowning. I eyed at the giant pole another time and grinned, "Sorry, man. But, I have a big issue to handle for now." I took a few money from my purse and took his hand before giving him the money, "Just take this money. I don’t know how to apologize but this is the only thing I can do. Use it to get your new shirt, okay?"

 

With then, I left the café hurriedly to catch my brother.

 

Chanyeol gasped when he looked down at the money. He couldn’t imagine that I really gave him the money.

 

"Oh, man. That's a lot! I bet she's rich enough to afford your new shirt." Sehun gawked when he saw the money in Chanyeol's hand. Chanyeol let out a deep sigh to see his shirt with the stain on it.

 

---

 

I ran as fast as I could after seeing my brother went out for a date with a girl. I saw him walking along the street with his arm wrapped around the girl's waist.

 

I gritted my teeth to witness it right in front of my eyes. I fastened my steps toward them before grabbing him in the collar. He jerked backward, only to gasp when he saw me in his sight.

 

"N…Noona?!" Ha Joon said and he quickly pulled his girlfriend to stand behind him.

 

"So, this is what you're doing during weekend, uh? Come here, you kiddo! Let me kick your for going out for a date!" I started to knock his head and smack his body a few times, not even care when some of the peoples were looking at us.

 

"Unnie, don't beat him. It's not his fault." "Unnie? Who is your unnie?" I glared at her deadly and she moved backward and hid behind Ha Joon. He eyed me and sighed heavily when I have stopped smacking him.

 

"Noona, you shouldn’t do this to me. I'm just going out with my friend. That's all."

 

"Friend? A friend that you can simply put your arm around her waist and acting lovey-dovey like a couple?"

 

Ha Joon knew that he couldn’t lie anymore when I knew him better. He turned around to look at his girlfriend and mumbled something before she left quickly.

 

"Yah! I'm not done with you yet!" I yelled but Ha Joon held my shoulders. "Noona, please, don't tell mom and dad about this. Okay?" He tried his best to make his aegyo for me. I knocked his head another time, "You idiot. If I see you're out for a date another time, you're dead."

 

"I know you're going to fall with my aegyo." He blinked his eyes a few times before I gave a slight slap on his right cheek, "Stop that. It's not working on me."

 

"Just don't tell mom and dad about this."

 

"I'll consider about that."

 

"Ah, noona."

 

"What?"

 

"If you're not keeping this secret from me, then, I'll reveal yours to your beloved secret admirer." He smirked when I eyed him, "Kang Ha Joon, don’t you dare tell him about it."

 

"What if he knows that I caught you were kissing Kim Soo Hyun's poster in your room." He burst into laughter. "YAH!"

 

"Opss, sorry. I didn’t mean to say it to you." He teased me again and I groaned over his words, "Fine! You won!" "YES!"

 

"But, only for this time, you're safe. Or else, you won't see the sunshine again." I carved a smirk for him and left. I knew he was totally in a big problem if he tried to make another one in the future.

 

 

 


 

So, I have posted the first chapter and I hope it goes very well. Like I said, I'm changing the storyline and it won't be the same like EXO Next Door drama. Only a few similarities wll be added in the story. Thanks for subscribing ;)