First visit (E)

EXO Next Door [~]

 

I was busy completing my assignment at the corner of the library since I usually preferred to be sitting alone rather than seeing people in my sight. It could distract me from doing my works with those peoples in the library, chatting to each other instead of studying. Psh.

 

Just when I decided to flip a new page of a book that was placed beside my laptop, someone came and put down a few books which were in his hands, onto the table. He was pulling a chair in front of me while his eyes were locked on the front page of the book.

 

 

I sighed when I landed my eyes on his figure who seemed not too familiar in this college. "Excuse me?" I cleared my throat when he already took his seat. His eyes looked at me while blinking a few times and acted so innocent when he actually took a seat at the same table as mine. Can he just sit somewhere else rather than being at my place?

 

"You were talking to me?" He looked a bit puzzled and the dark circles around his eyes gained my attention to stare at him more, with the most serious look that you could ever seen.

 

"Yes. And, sorry to say but you have to sit at the other place. I don't really share a table with someone else when I'm doing my assignment." I spoke honestly and I heard him, chuckled over my words. He eyed me, "Sorry to say, but I don't even see your name on this table."

 

"You don't even know my name, dude. How can you be very sure about that?"

 

He looked a bit pissed off with my words when I gave a sly smirk for him. "Girl, are you kidding? This place can be used by everyone and you have to share this table with anyone."

 

"But, I want to be alone." I tried not to lose. I turned my head to look around and eyed him back with a smile, "There's a lot of places in here." I continued. He was about to say something but then, another figure came to him and grabbed his arm.

 

 

"Tao, let's go and sit at the other places." He spoke to him, almost whispering even though I could hear it clearly. I pretended like I didn’t hear any single words and my eyes were glued on them.

 

"But, Suho hyungㅡ" "That's it, Tao. The guys are waiting for you. Let's go," The guy said to him as he quickly helped to grab the books on the table. He bowed to me politely, "Sorry for disturbing your time." With then, he dragged the guy who got the dark circles around his eyes away from my table.

 

I chortled when their figures disappeared from my sight. I could see his face, like he was going to cry anytime just because his friend dragged him away.

 

 

---

 

"Guess what did I see at the café, just now?" A girl said as she applied a few of her BB cream onto her flawless face. Her friend, who was leaning closer to the mirror while checking her face, frowned, "What was it?"

 

"It's EXO. Those damn good-looking guys." She squealed like she just met her favorite idol in the college. Her friend gasped and shifted her attention to her friend, "Really?! I didn’t see them!"

 

"I saw them were buying a few drinks before heading out from the café together. Geez, I couldn’t help myself seeing Kris oppa walking like he was having his own fashion show."

 

"Oh my God, did you see Chen oppa?"

 

"Of course! I saw Sehun too. That maknae looked totally cool compared to last semester."

 

"Puberty hit him hard like a truck," her friend replied when she continued to apply some lip gloss on her lips.

 

I, on the other side of the mirror, just listened to their conversations and frowned to hear the names that they said. Exo? Kris? Chen? Sehun? Who the heck are they? Good-looking guys?

 

With then, I saw them leaving the restroom after gossiping about the guys. Seriously, I didn’t have any ideas about them. I'm the type of girl who doesn’t usually get up-to-date with these kind of gossips. 

 

Yes, I'm a girl too, and I do have female hormones inside my body but I usually admired my idols' good-looking faces. Well, maybe it was one of the reasons why I am still single until now.

 

I saw Hyejung entered the restroom while a smile was carved on her face brightly as if she won a VVIP ticket to attend INFINITE's concert. I eyed her when she stood beside me, facing with the mirror and took out her favorite lip gloss from her bag.

 

I chortled a bit when she applied the lip gloss that happened to be one of her boyfriend's favorite color. She told me that Mark liked to see her with that sweet pink lip gloss on her lips. More like eww for me. This couple, ugh.

 

"Mark is coming to pick you up later on?" I asked when I saw she was brushing her hair nicely and put on a hairpin that was bought by him. Hyejung nodded her head, wildly and turned to look at me while batting her eyelashes cutely. "How do I look?"

 

"Ugly," I spoke, being straight-forwarded enough to my best friend. "Yah!" She almost yelled and I burst into laughter, "Fine, you know I was joking. Well, pretty enough that you could melt your beloved boyfriend's heart again, like I don't know how many times you managed to kill him by looking pretty all the time." I said and continued, "…But, he better sees how does his girlfriend look alike when she wakes up from her sleep…"

 

"Kang Seul Jin!"

 

"I was joking." Again, I told her and leaned against the wall behind me while looking at her when she faced the mirror, not even satisfied with her look.

 

"Park Hyejung," I called her name and folded my arms across my chest. I had been wondering about this one thing as it kept crossing in mind and I was totally curious to know more.

 

"What is it?" She asked, not shifting her gaze to me. I raised a brow, "Is EXO that good-looking at making all of the girls, well except for me, going crazy over them?"

 

I heard Hyejung kept her compact powder into her bag and eyed me with a 'you-are-not-asking-me-this-question-don't-you' look. I frowned, "W…Why?"

 

"Ever since I've been talking about them, you never care to know about it, not for once."

 

"Well, I'm asking for it, now. Like, right now." I defended myself, "I'm just curious about them since I heard there were a few girls talked about them." I covered myself even though deep inside, I was dying to know about this weird group who happened to consist of famous and good-looking guys.

 

"They are the most famous guys in this college. Besides, the other guys are willing to kill if they can be like them. EXO members aren't like what you think. Their families are rich enough to afford this college and everything in this country. All girls are dying to be their girlfriends. You should see them at least for once. I wonder why you never get the chance to bump with one of them even though we're studying in the same college."

 

I laughed with her words when she seemed to be so serious about my question. I didn’t want to risk myself to be one of the girls who would be dying to have them as my boyfriend. I'd rather be a die-hard fan of my favorite idol. Kim Soo Hyun, for sure.

 

"Nah, maybe it was fated that I shouldn’t meet one of them so I don’t have to be spazzing over them," I replied. Hyejung scoffed, "Yeah, because you prefer to keep on spazzing and fangirling over Kim Soohyun and still being single for now."

 

"Hello, at least, I'm happy enough to stay single like this."

 

"You know, you shouldn’t friend-zoned JB," she hung her bag on her shoulder and glued her eyes on me again, "That dude is willing to do anything for you as long as he gets to win your heart," she continued and opened the door to leave the restroom. I let out a deep sigh when she reminded me about JB.

 

I never thought for once that my own friend could fall for me. I hate this.

 

---

 

I headed home after finished with my Biology class on that day. Hyejung was probably in her room taking her shower and she must be home earlier than me since I heard that Mark had to send her back home straight away after they had their lunch together.

 

I  went to my room and took off my hair clip and threw it on a dresser before slamming myself on my comfy pink bed. I was too tired to even walk out from the room  and decided to get my short nap before taking my shower.

 

It was just for awhile as I thought that I really had a dream when I heard someone was shaking my body for non-stop. I hummed and opened my eyes, only to see Hyejung staring at my face, looking like she just met a ghost with her pale look. I was completely half awake and sat up on the bed, lazily.

 

"What is it?" I asked, not opening my eyes. She shook my arm, "Seul Jin-ah, please help me open the door." She pleaded. I groaned, "Why do I have to open it when you can do it by yourself?"

 

"No, this time I can't do it. Please."

 

"I'm too sleepy and too lazy to walk. Just go and open the door and if they want to see me, tell them that I'm not here."

 

Hyejung threw a bolster on me and sighed, "Yah! Looks like they are EXO! Why are they pressing the door bell? Seul Jin-ah, wake up! Open the door!"

 

I sat up on my be again and tried hard to open my eyes, widely. I glared at her when she interrupted my good nap on that hour and I dragged my leg lazily out from the room. She followed me from the back as if she was scared with the ghost who happened to come out from nowhere.

 

"EXO you say? I bet you're falling for them now! Just what happened with you, right now?" I nagged and went to look up at the monitor, only to see a pair of eyes blinking at the monitor cutely.

 

 

It was D.O.

 

"Oh my God!" I flinched immediately and Hyejung was startled with my reaction when his face appeared on the monitor screen as he giggled. "…Why? What are they doing at here? Look, it's D.O and he's looking so cute, oh my God, I can't control myself. D.O is here. Why he's here with his friends? Wait, is that Luhan? There's Sehun, too! I saw Baekhyun! EXO is here, for real?!"

 

I eyed her, "…How did you know his name is D.O?"

 

Hyejung blinked, "Eoh? Because he's a part of EXO. The guy with doughnut eyes that looks squishy all the time, hee." She explained. "But, wait, how did you know him when the fact you know nothing about EXO?" She asked, curiously.

 

 I gawked and looked up at the monitor again. This can't be. What is happening? EXO, the so-called famous guys are living next door?!

 

"Hyejung-ah…." I stared at her and she looked dumbfounded, "Huh?"

 

"If they're from EXO group like what you said, well, they're actually our new neighbors." I told her the truth before her jaw dropped with my statement and she went to look at the monitor, disbelief with my words. "Are you saying those freaking hot guys are living next door?!" She shrieked.

 

I nodded my head and bit my bottom lip, "…Um, yeah?"

 

"Oh my God, I can't believe this!" She was totally excited and went to the door, just waiting to open it and I was completely shocked when I looked like a dumb with my messy hair after waking up from my short nap.

 

"NO! WAITㅡ" I was too late when Hyejung opened it widely, revealing about six guys standing at the front of our door. "Hello, we're your new neighbors!" I heard one of them said cheerfully when she met her eyes with them. I hid myself behind a wall and tried to peek when I saw Hyejung was talking to them shyly. Geez, this girl need to control herself in front of those guys!

 

I couldn’t help to stare at their good-looking faces. I had to admit that Hyejung was right. They looked perfect. No wonder most of the girls were dying to have them. I saw D.O handed her a box that was wrapped with a soft purple cloth. I saw Kai was standing behind D.O and his eyes tried to wander around the house, probably looking for something or was he looking for me?

 

"Oh, please come in. I'm sorry for letting you guys to stand out there." Hyejung invited them in all of sudden, caused me to gasp with her action. I looked like a mess right now and she invited those guys to be in this house. I'm going to kill you, girl!

 

I headed back to my room quickly before they get to see me in that look. I heard they were talking something to her and I took the chance to brush my hair in my room.

 

"They can't see me in this way, right?" I spoke to myself in the mirror before Hyejung knocked on the door. Confident enough with my look, I opened the door and saw Hyejung was smiling at me, "Go and entertain them. I need to make some drinks."

 

"You idiot, you shouldn’t invite them in," I pursed my lips. "Then, do I have to chase our neighbors away when they're making their first visit?"

 

"Whatever." I replied and headed out from my room. I took a deep breathe since it felt too awkward to meet the so-called-good-looking guys, making their first visit in my house.

 

I tried my best to smile when I saw D.O and Kai looked so happy to see me. "Seul Jin-ssi, we meet again!" D.O beamed with that smile he carved for me and Kai looked so damn good-looking with his black shirt. "Luhan hyung, she's the one that we met yesterday." D.O told to a guy with baby-faced look.

 

 

"Oh, isn't she's the one who spilled her drink on your shirt, hyung?" Sehun asked when he noticed my face. I darted my eyes on them and gawked when one of them looked familiar enough to recall what happened in the past few days ago.

 

 

It was him.

 

The giant pole.

 

"…You?" I pointed to him, looking disbelief with it. "…Why am I seeing this guy again?" I whispered to myself and saw D.O and Kai were dumbfounded with the situation between me and the giant pole guy who sat on the couch with his cold face. More like asking for a thousand slaps on his cheeks.

 

Hyejung served the drinks on a table and was frowning when the atmosphere turned to be awkward.

 

He chortled and eyed me, "I never thought this is going to be a disaster!" He spoke, caused Hyejung to gasp when she heard it. D.O sighed when Baekhyun was making an eye-contact with him, signaling something was not right.

 

"She's cute," Luhan spoke, almost whispering to Sehun who sat beside him and the maknae giggled with Luhan's comment. Kai slapped on Chanyeol's thigh, "Hyung, chill. She didn’t mean it. Besides, we're living next door. Don’t take it too serious."

 

"Did you spill your drink on Chanyeol?" Hyejung asked me, getting curious to know more. "Accidentally. But, he was taking it too serious like I just burnt his shirt."

 

"Okay, that's it. I don’t want to ruin our first visit in this house so let's forget everything, alright, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun took a glass of the orange juice and took a sip of it.

 

I didn’t realize that I was actually exchanging glares with that giant pole, ever since both of us found out that we were living next door.

 

I'm going to be in a big trouble from now on.

 

 


 

I don't know why but Chanyeol has become my new bias in EXO after watching EXO Next Door drama lol. I wish I'm the one, being as 'Incheon Gal' lol.