002

Camp Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning arrives earlier than expected and Jaera slumps out of bed. Half-expecting Junmyeon to be in the room, she finds herself disappointed when he isn't. She drags herself slowly into the bathroom. She's definitely not a morning person.

 

Well, technically, it is morning. The sky isn't as dark as it was last night, but still not bright enough to be deemed as morning. The counsellors have to wake up early for morning exercise and to greet the kids. The mere thought of the words 'morning' and 'exercise' put together in the same sentence make Jaera want to hop back into bed and ignore the world. However, she pulls herself together and trudges out the door.

 

She is greeted with the fresh air and beautiful scent of nature. Perhaps it isn't that bad after all. She closes her eyes and inhales deeply, savouring the morning she'll never get to experience back home.

 

"Good morning!" Junmyeon's chirpy voice startles her from her reverie.

 

She turns around and smiles at him sleepily. "Morning, Junmyeon ssi!"

 

"Did you sleep well?"

 

"Yeah, thanks for staying. I'm sorry if I woke you though..."

 

"I already told you it's okay," he reassures her. "Besides, I wouldn't want you to be tossing and turning at night. Sleep is important, especially for young adolescents! Sleep is vital for learning and memory, so lack of sleep impacts our safety, health and longetivity!"

 

Jaera tries not to snort at him. He's naturally amusing, and he doesn't even know it. So, she just plays along and 'ahh's at the right moments while he gives her a short lecture about sleep. He seems satisfied when he is done, and has a proud beam on his face when he realises that she actually listened.

 

"GOOD MORNING LOVEBIRDS!" Yoora shouts while walking towards them. Sehun nods at them sleepily as he trails along behind her.

 

Warmth spreads to Jaera's cheeks and she shoots Yoora a semi-glare. She just shrugs in response. Sehun almost falls over in his sleepy state.

 

"Sleep is vital for-" Junmyeon gets ready to lecture Sehun on the importance of sleep but when the first few words are being said, Yoora immediately shushes him.

 

"Oh my gosh, Junmyeon! No one cares about sleep! Plus I've had that lecture last year from you already!"

 

Junmyeon pouts. "Jaera seemed to like it."

 

"She seems to like you." Sehun mumbles but everyone catches it.

 

An awkward silence ensues after that but is soon broken when more counsellors arrive for the morning exercise. Captain appears, with a radio in one hand and a megaphone in the other.

 

"ARE YOU READY TO EXERCISE?!?!"

 

Everyone winces at her booming voice from the megaphone. But still, they nod and whoop encouragingly, ready to start the day.

 

They begin with warmups, and Jaera is already beginning to sweat. Junmyeon, on the other hand is doing fine as if he's done this everyday of his life. That might explain his toned arms though, Jaera muses.

 

After that, they do aerobics and Captain is surprisingly flexible and energetic. Jaera puffs and wheezes. Junmyeon looks like he's having the time of his life. He turns to his left to look at her, and chuckles at how cute she is.

 

"OKAY EVERYONE, GET A PARTNER! OF THE SAME GENDER!"

 

Everyone scrambles around and Yoora's hands grab Jaera's. They can hear some guys fighting over Junmyeon to be their partner. In the end, he chooses to be Sehun's partner, probably hoping to tell him more about the impacts of lack of sleep.

 

They do more stretches and before they know it, the exercise is over. Mikyung bounds over to chat with Jaera and Yoora, only to have their conversation stopped short by Junmyeon.

 

"Jaera! You have to add my number into your phone!"

 

This results in raised brows from the girls while Jaera splutters indignantly. "Why?" she asks.

 

"I just realised that you didn't have my number cause you would've called instead of coming over last night, right?"

 

"You went over?!" Yoora bursts. "Was it after curfew? How did it feel to be almost killed by Captain?"

 

"Yah!" Jaera protests. "It's not like that!"

 

During that little banter, Mikyung fishes Jaera's phone out of her pocket before handing it to Junmyeon who is watching in amusement. Jaera's face turns a soft shade of pink and hides it in her hands while whining. Junmyeon can't help but ruffle her hair a little bit; she's just too cute.

 

How did Jaera's ex even dump her? Did he need glasses? He certainly couldn't see what was in front of him. Thoughts fill Junmyeon's head and his face morphs into one of endearment.

 

 

They are told to wait in their cabins until the campers arrive. So that's what Jaera does, until a familiar face comes peeking in through the door.

 

"Jaera?"

 

"Don't you have kids to wait for?"

 

"Nah, they always arrive late. Plus they need to get briefed by Captain."

 

"Come on in, then."

 

The door creaks open wider and he steps in with a wide smile. She can never get tired of it, she muses. The way his pretty lips curl up into a grin, complete with an eye smile is all it takes for heart to flutter.

 

"I-" his words are cut off when the door suddenly sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter