Cat-Boy #s 4 and 5

Cat-Boy Companions

“Um, where did he come from?” I looked from Taehyung to the bloodied, mangled, and half conscious Cat-Boy he was supporting in confusion. Taehyung gave me a blinding smile.

“You helped Yoongi.” He said, like that was going to explain the situation that was currently bleeding on my front porch.

“Okay, and that’s relevant how?”

Now Taehyung was staring at me in confusion, because obviously that had been a coherent explanation. “You can help him too!”

“I can’t help him unless I know what happened to him.”

“Ooooh, well I found him on the street with a bunch of others. I think they were dead. But he started so I told him I’d take him to someone who could help him. I think his name is Namjoon.” Only Taehyung could talk about death in such a bright way and make it not creepy.

I sighed and called for Yoongi to get me towels. A lot of them. Jimin ended up getting them, saying Yoongi was sleeping. I sighed again and wrapped Namjoon in the towels before bringing him inside and onto the couch that was fast becoming a sick bed for injured Cat-Boys. I bent over Namjoon just in time for his eyes to fly open and him to shoot off the couch and into the corner, hissing at all of us.

Figures he would be aggressive.

“I just want to help you,” I advanced toward him slowly, making sure I didn’t seem threatening. “Can I look at your injuries?” Namjoon lifted a hand to show that his nails had been filed down into points and he bared his teeth at us. When we didn’t get any closer he brought his hand to his mouth and started the blood clean. Jimin wrinkled his nose and looked away. Namjoon growled at him.

Over by the window, Yoongi stretched his back and yawned with his arms out in front of him and in the air. I stifled a giggle; he always looked adorable when he did that but hated when I pointed that out. He padded over to where we were gathered and looked sleepily at the newcomer without even seeming surprised.

“I know him.” He said simply. We all stared at him.

“What?”

“That’s Namjoon. He’s in a gang.” And with no further words he simply trotted up to Namjoon and sat cross-legged in front of him. Namjoon didn’t attack him and the three of us just gaped at the two of them.

Thankfully Yoongi was able to calm Namjoon down enough for me to take a look at him. He had what looked like bullet wounds and bite marks all over him. I had to admit, this was definitely beyond my band-aid and ointment abilities.

“I’m sorry, Namjoon. I think we’re going to have to take you to the hospital.” I told him helplessly. All progress Yoongi had made with him disappeared and we all leapt back (save Yoongi) as he bared his teeth at us again.

“It’s all right, Namjoon.” Yoongi said quietly. “They’ll make you better.”

It took a while but I managed to get him to the car and drive him to the hospital. I only brought Yoongi, since he was the only one who could calm the half-feral Cat-Boy. I trusted Taehyung and Jimin not to destroy the house, which, thinking back, was probably not the smartest thing I’ve ever done.

The doctor stitched Namjoon up in no time and left him to recover. Yoongi and I sat with him, Yoongi holding his hand, which he surprisingly allowed. We told him he could stay with us, but he didn’t answer and simply fell asleep.

Yoongi and I followed (since two sleeping Cat-Boys are surprisingly infectious). When I opened my eyes, Namjoon was gone and Yoongi was still asleep. No surprises there. I just hoped Namjoon would keep himself safe out there in the streets.

It was only a few days later that a knock at the door revealed Namjoon, bleeding just as badly as before, but this time he was accompanied by another Cat-Boy. Namjoon muttered that his name was Hoseok and they both needed help. I just ushered them inside; at this point I stopped questioning when Cat-Boys showed up at my door.

Namjoon and Hoseok were wilder than the others, and came and went as they pleased; they were more like full-bred cats in that way. They seemed more comfortable on the streets, but they seemed grateful to have a warm place to sleep every night and food to eat.            

Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi got along just fine with them, and more often than not I’d find them chasing each other around the house (or Yoongi when he was sleeping somewhere) when I got home from work.

“And to think this all started with Minra telling me I needed a life.” I grumbled as I picked up the shards of a vase that had been standing with flowers. Hoseok and Jimin stood sheepishly nearby with their arms behind their backs and tails trailing on the floor where I had banished them until further notice. Taehyung was giggling by the couch at their punishment and Namjoon was currently climbing the curtains to see how high he could get. His yellow ears pricked forward as he spied Yoongi settling down for a nap right under him, apparently without realizing he was there.

The resulting crash and loud angry cat noises made me close my eyes and pretend I didn’t see. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this chapter was kinda meh and a bit rushed, but cat-boys make things better. 

Also, here's some physical descriptions for anyone who wants to know what everyone looks like so far and if I missed describing anyone:

Taehyung: Orange striped ears and tail, yellow eyes bordering on brown

Jimin: Dirty gray tail, white ears, blue eyes

Yoongi: Pitch-black ears and tail, black eyes

Namjoon: Yellow (like blonde) ears and tail, brown eyes

Hoseok: Calico colored ears and tail (black, white, and brown splotches), brown eyes

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

~ELF