Cat-Boy #1

Cat-Boy Companions

Okay, I'm not even going to pretend that this story makes any sense whatsoever. It's based off of a dream my friend had and I got weirdly inspired by it, so I wrote this story. And she's obsessed with it now, so I guess I fluffed it well.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this story, and if you like cutie BTS as with cat ears and tails I would imagine you'll have fun reading =)

Feel free to comment and subscribe and thanks for reading! 

~ELF

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ta da!!” Minra stepped aside in my foyer to reveal a Cat-Boy standing behind her. He and I just stared at each other for a moment.

He was wearing a grey knitted sweater that covered his hands, black pants, and his ears and tail were orange striped. The loose bracelet around his wrist was black leather and stamped, “Taehyung.” His eyes were wide and innocent looking as he brought a paw to his mouth and chewed on the sleeve of his sweater for a moment.

“His name is Taehyung! What do you think?”

“Well...he’s cute...”

“I knew you’d love him. I’ll leave you guys to bond. Bean likes him, if that says anything. Come on Bean!”        

The traitor left the house with Bean clutching her hand and waving goodbye to his new friend, who continued to stare at me.

“So...hi.” I said awkwardly. I was never good at meeting new people, and that apparently included human-cat hybrids.

Taehyung gave me a huge grin that made his eyes disappear. “Hi!” Now that we had established our greetings, he apparently became more comfortable exploring my house. He sniffed around in the corners, felt my hair (which was weird, but whatever, I just went with it), jumped on the couch, and looked inquisitively in the fridge.

“So, you want something to eat?” Taehyung nodded enthusiastically and followed me eagerly into the kitchen. “What do you like?”

“I like spaghetti and meatballs!” Just the thought of it was making him excited enough to jump up and down, making his tail flutter gracefully and his ears twitch happily. Of course Minra would get me the hyper happy one. Maybe she thought I was depressed.

I couldn’t help it. I grinned at him. “Calm down, I’ll make it for you.”

He gave a squeal of excitement and gave me a giant bear hug before going into the corner to wash his tail. I watched him for a few minutes, thinking that maybe I’d thank Minra for this (even though I’d only had him for about five minutes).

Then again, probably not. She’d never let me forget it.

*          *          *

Taehyung and I got along better than I thought we would. He was the cheerful presence in my life that I didn’t know I needed (because Minra doesn’t really classify as cheerful. Not usually anyway, unless she’s drunk or something). He watched out the window every morning when I went to work and greeted me every evening when I came home with a hug and sometimes a dead mouse he’d found in the basement. We had spaghetti and meatballs every Sunday night and he loved going for walks outside when it was warm out. He would tug me in every which way when he saw something interesting.

We watched movies together and he would curl up next to me and let me his head just behind his ears. He would fall asleep a lot like that, prefaced by his eyes being half closed and a dreamy smile on his face.

I got curious as to what he did all day when I was at work. It wasn’t like my house was full of entertainment, so one day I put a small video camera I could access with my phone in the living room so I could watch him after I left.

“Bye Taehyung!” I hugged him and waved to his figure in the window when I left for work. When I got to the car, I took out my phone to see what he did.

It kind of broke my heart.

When he couldn’t see me anymore, his smile dropped and his face took on a sad expression I’d never seen before. He sighed and flopped onto the couch on his stomach listlessly. There was a ball on the floor and he picked it up, batting it between his hands for a minute, then played with a string hanging out of one of the cushions, trying to catch it between his fingers.

He tired of that after a few minutes and padded out of the room. Then he came back in. Then he paced around a little. He made sad little mewling sounds to himself every couple minutes or so before curling up in the sunbeam from the window and falling asleep. I felt my eyes stinging slightly before marching back into the house and startling him awake.

The expression on his face at seeing me home early could only be compared to someone understanding the meaning of life, the universe, and everything for the first time and I hugged him as fiercely as he hugged me.

“I’m so happy to see you, Riseul!” He said excitedly into my shoulder. “Let’s play!” He ran to get his ball of yarn, his favorite game to play with me.

“Taehyung,” I began as we sat on the floor to play. It was a good thing my boss liked me, because I was taking an unofficial sick day. “Are you lonely when I’m at work?”

Taehyung hesitated, but nodded slowly as he rolled the yarn ball to me.

“You don’t have to be scared to tell me, you know.” I rolled the yarn back to him, leaving a string that he pounced on playfully. “I’ll get you a friend, okay?”

Taehyung gave me that adorable grin of his again and demanded I go out now and get a friend for him.

“Right now?” I asked, laughing.

“Yes!” Taehyung’s tail was sticking straight up and whipping back and forth. “I won’t be lonely today!”

“Okay.” I booped his nose and he pawed at my hand, smiling shyly as he always did when I got affectionate. “I’ll be back soon.”