Target

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes and found myself staring at a rather unfamiliar ceiling. Slowly sitting up from the bed, my body felt slightly sore from the fight and running that occurred yesterday. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and got up from bed, away from the warm blankets and soft mattress. It was 5:32 am, and I had to prepare to leave this place.

After I got dressed and packed my things up, I headed to the washroom to clean myself. The hallway was very dark but I managed to find my way around and ended up in the pitch black washroom. I then felt all around on the wall for the light switch. I could have activated my Hunter vision if I wanted to, but I had to conserve my energy since I was in a critical situation.

As I searched for the light switch, I suddenly heard faint breathing. It sounded very close.

"Abi," a deep voice whipsered. 

Was I hearing things? Come to think of it, I had only 3 hours of sleep, maybe I was just tired. I ignored the noise and continued to look for the light switch in the darkness. 

"Hey," the voice said quietly. 

I jumped on the spot. God, I really needed to get myself together. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. My hands went back to the wall and felt around. The voice spoke again, but louder this time,

"Don’t turn on-"

At that moment, my hand found the switch and I flicked it on,

"The lights...."

I quickly spun around to face that person, and to my horror, Kris stood in front of me, in his boxers. 

I quickly jumped back and almost hit my head on the hard wall. "Why the hell are you here?" I asked in shock.

Kris looked away from me, and the tips of his ear were turning pink. "I was here before you. You just came in without knocking. And also, I just warned you to not turn on the lights," he argued.

"Well, when I came in, it was pitch black, I couldn’t see anything. How can you expect me to know you are here?" I replied.

Kris scoffed, "Aren’t you a hunter? You should be able see well in the dark."

"I don’t waste my power on you," I shot back. "And don't blame me for everything, what were you doing in the washroom with the lights off?"

"Me? I don’t need lights. I’m the night hunter of the group and so is Suho. Our eyes are designed to see in the dark," he replied with a bit of arrogance in his tone.

I studied his eyes but found nothing out of the ordinary. "So, your role in the group is fighting in the dark?"

"Yep, that means we have the best night vision in the group," he said, flashing me a cool smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Show off." I thought it was rather dumb to reveal your strength to a stranger, now that I know more about him, the chances of me winning in a fight will be higher.

"You’re just jealous that I have better eye sight than you," Kris smirked at me.

I shook my head in disbelief and then looked at his semi body. His figure seemed to be tall and lean. As my gaze traveled down his body, it stopped at his boxers. It was a different one from last night. This boxer had SpongeBob's face printed on it. I kept a neutral expression looked back at his face. "Kris, you’re still in your boxers," I said, trying to hide my awkwardness.

The tall male looked down and let out a small gasp. "Why didn’t you remind me earlier?" He said and hurried off to his room before shutting the door behind him.

"Man, he had nice underwear..." I murmured to myself and let out a small laugh.

That was the second time I saw him in his underwear. After I washed up in the washroom, I headed back to my room. The clock displayed a time of 5:43 am. It was time for me to leave.

I quietly hopped down the stairs and arrived in the living room to find Suho sitting on the couch with a book in his hand. I was surprised to see him already up. The room was dim as there was only one light on. I greeted him and was about to head out the front door before he called me back. I asked him what was up and he insisted on me having breakfast before leaving.

"No, it's alright, I'll eat something at home." I declined Suho's offer.

"But you can't leave unless one of us guides you out," Suho reminded me with a smile. I groaned as I remembered about the force field around the house. It was that force field that prevented me from escaping. It also blocked out my cell phone signal. Their power could be very useful to the Organization... Since I couldn't leave unless they allow me to, I decided to stay.

D.O was the next to wake up, and he was the master chef in the kitchen. I sat with Suho as D.O brought the food over. I gasped a little at all the food he made which included Salmon rolls, French toasts, salads, fried eggs and bacon. It had been a while since I ate something other than instant noodles. I thanked D.O for his amazing food and dug in. After I finished eating, Suho decided to walk me out of the force field.

As I stepped out of the house, the cold December air hit my face and I breathed in. It felt great. There was a layer of snow covering the ground as far as my eyes can see.

The walk was a lot more shorter compared to last night when Lay brought me over. I bid Suho goodbye after he walked me to a street. I headed for home.

By the time I arrived at my house, the sun was up and shining brightly in the clear blue sky. I walked up the front porch and took out my keys to unlock the door. I stepped inside. I was the owner of this building, but it didn't feel like home. There was an uncomfortable emptiness inside this house compared to the place I stayed last night.

The first thing I did was to go to my room and contact Dee. Due to the blocked signal, I wasn't able to contact him last night. Now that I could, I needed to report everything that had happened to Dee. After I dialed the number, someone picked the phone up right away.

"Hello?" Dee’s voice came from the other side.

"This is 14 speaking," I replied.

"14, I have been trying to reach you since last night. Where were you and why was your phone unavailable?" Dee questioned.

I sighed and began to explain everything to him, starting from the beginning of yesterday when I hunted that zombie, then proceeded through the school day and to the time when 'Dee' called me to the bar for ghost hunting. I could have sworn it was Dee's voice on the phone w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter