Making Memories: Movie Incidents

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shifted uneasily in my bed. I pulled the covers up closer to my neck and tried to fall back asleep, but a wave of discomfort ran down my spine. Frustrated, I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, only to find four males staring at me intently.

Just like yesterday, I was woken up early in the morning, but this time, it was from the silent gaze of Kris, Tao, Lay and Chen. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before glancing over to the four boys. They smiled awkwardly.

"Good morning Abi," Lay said.

"How was your sleep?" Chen asked.

"I hope we didn't bother you," added Tao.

I yawned and waved at them. "Good morning to you too. Say, what are you guys doing standing by my bed to quietly? If you want to assassinate me, step up your game," I said jokingly. My throat was a little dry.

Kris who had been cold faced gave a light slap on the others' head and turned to me. "Sorry for bothering you, they won't do it again."

Chen chuckled and stepped closer to me. "We were here because Kris said he wanted to see your sleeping face." Lay and Tao nodded as Kris shot him deadly glares. "He was just talking about how cute you were!" As soon as those words left Chen's mouth, Kris let out a growl and dragged him out of the room.

I watched in daze until Tao waved his hand in front of my face. "Are you okay?" The panda boy questioned with a bright smile.

I nodded. "What just happened?" Tao shrugged.

"Kris and Chen are being as weird as usual. Come on, you should get up soon. We will be waiting for you downstairs for breakfast."

"Okay..." I watched as Lay and Tao also exited my room.

A few weeks ago, I would have despised their act of stupidity, but now, their actions cheered me up and filled me with joy. I would definitely miss them. The thought of leaving made me uneasy. I cleared my thoughts and got out of bed. The giant stuffed bear I won yesterday sat on my suitcase. I stared at it, memories flooded back to me. I had a great time.

After washing up and changing into my daytime clothing. I went downstairs. As usual, breakfast was served by Suho and D.O. Those two truly made a great duo. Everyone else sat around the table, chatting as they waited for the two chefs to bring up the delicious breakfast.

Next to Xiumin, I sat down enthusiastically. He greeted me with a wave. “Morning.”

“Good morning,” I said.

The hamster boy turned to face me. “Did you have fun yesterday?”

I nodded. “Of course, I had so much fun. I can’t believe I’ve never been to an amusement park before,” I exclaimed.

Xiumin grinned. “I’m glad to hear that. So, did Luhan say anything to you?”

“Not really…” I trailed off. Suddenly a wave of shock flooded to my heart as I remembered Luhan’s confession. “Actually, he did say something!” I said, a little louder, but quiet enough to avoid attention.

Xiumin’s grin grew wider. “He confessed, eh?”

I looked questioningly at the hamster boy. “How do you know? Wow, I didn’t know you were close to Luhan.”

“Ha ha, there are a lot of things you don’t know about him. Anyways, I’m just glad he got his feelings out to you,” Xiumin said softly and glanced at Luhan who sat across from us. “He has a lot of courage to be the first one to express himself.”

I raised my eyebrows at Xiumin’s words but didn’t comment. Right now wasn’t the time for me to be worrying about feelings. My priority was to enjoy the time I had left and perhaps repay my gratitude for Exo.

After breakfast, everyone busily packed their bags and went to school, except for Kris, Tao, Lay, and Chen. Just like Xiumin had mentioned, they were going to take me out today. Kris told me that they would be taking me to the mall for a movie. Unlike yesterday, this morning was slower paced. We headed out after cleaning the dishes and sweeping the floor.

We walked down the side walk, chatting and fooling around. Lay strolled beside me, suddenly bringing back my memories of the night when I was threatened by him and forced to come to this house.

 

I sighed and remained calm. "Go ahead and kill me if it does you any good. I will find my way out of this. When I do, you'll be the first person I'll murder," I said through my clenched teeth.

Lay didn't respond, he just chuckled and shook his head. Taking my dagger and holding it against my neck, he held my hand tightly and dragged me deeper and deeper into the alley. Strangely, all the fear I felt seconds ago vanished.

"Can you at least tell me where we’re going?" I asked, remaining expressionless.

"My place," he responded simply.

I cocked my head. "Your place? You can kill me here. I warn you, if you show me your nest, I will burn it down when I get away. You better kill me here and now before I escape."

"Do you want to die that bad?" He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "What a stupidly brave Hunter you are. Look, I’m not going to kill you, so calm down."

 

A chuckle escaped through my mouth as I replayed that memory. It was hard for me to imagine that we actually regarded each other as enemy.

“Why are you laughing?” Lay questioned.

I shook my head. “Nothing really, I just remembered that time when you managed to catch me and held me hostage. I was telling you to kill me, and you called me stupid,” I explained and laughed.

The healer seemed to be a little bit embarrassed. “I didn’t know you back then… And I’m certain you would have killed me if you had the chance to.”

I nodded, not really ashamed of my attitude in the past. “I’m so glad I didn’t win against you and kill you. You are actually such a kind person.”

Lay scratched the back of his neck.

“You guys sure share some interesting history. It’s great to hear that Abi isn't holding a grudge against you,” Kris cooed from the back.

I glanced back and smirked. “Oh I remember what Lay did, and I will get him back for sure.”

Lay quickly looked at me, clearly surprised by my words. “Should I be worried?"

“No, no, it not like I will murder you or anything,” I replied casually.

“Okay then, I’ll trust you for now,” he replied hesitantly.

Our walk to the bus stop wasn't long. The weather was getting warmer. White clouds hung high in the blue sky, and the sun shone, it was another great day. We waited at the bus stop for several minutes. When the bus arrived, we boarded it. When the bus pulled to a stop in front of the shopping mall, we all stood up along with many other passengers to get off.

 

Kris took the lead and we walked in through the grand entrance. While we were walking past vendors and stores, I suddenly realized that I had no idea what we were watching today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter