F I N A L

Pretty Boy

F I N A L

------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up Saturday after the incident with Taemin, the burning feeling of the kiss on my cheek could still be felt. I didn’t see Jongin and Taemin yesterday. Since we off from school, the two decided to practice for tonight. Since Yoo Jung’s boyfriend, Baekhyun, was also practicing for his performance, we decided to have a girls day out and got mani-pedis before catching a late night movie yesterday.

 

I sat on my bed and remembered that Taemin was planning to confess to the girl he liked after the talent show. “Just confess to him. At least you’ll know what he really feels about you,” Joonmyun’s words flashed through my brain, and I decided that I would, indeed, confess to Lee Taemin tonight. I looked at the time, it was already 3 PM and the talent show started at 7 PM. I made my way downstairs to see my mother had left me breakfast. I smiled and quickly ate the waffle before heading back upstairs. I took a long bubble bath and made my way back to my bedroom. I stood in front of my closest deciding what to wear. It was a bright day, one of the last days of summer. I decided on a navy blue high waisted skirt and a plain white t-shirt, paired with a brown leather belt. I slipped into matching brown flats and grabbed a brown leather purse, putting any essentials that I would need into into it. It was now 5 PM, and I had one hour before I had meet Yoo Jung as a cafe, where we would have a quick bite before heading to the school for the talent show. I curled my hair in 45 minutes and made my way out the house, grabbing a cardigan with me. I locked the door, placed the cardigan in my purse, and started walking to the cafe not far from my house.

 

I met Yoo Jung sitting inside the cafe already waiting for him. “Wow, you look so nice!” she complimented. She was dressed in a dark blue flower print dress, paired with yellow shoes and a white purse. Her hair was down, tied in the back a little. We had an iced coffee with a piece of red velvet cake. It was 6:30 now and we decided to make our way to the school so we could get good seats. We walked to her car parked in front of the cafe and Yoo Jung drove to the school. She parked near the entrance of the school, where where we met up with Joonmyun Oppa.

 

“Well, don’t you ladies look beautiful,” he smiled at his.

 

“Thank you, Oppa,” Yoo Jung answered when her phone vibrated. “Baekhyun wants to meet up. I’ll meet you at our seats,” she smiled before she walked away.

 

“So are you going to confess to him?” Joonmyun turned to me. I smiled quickly and nodded. Joonmyun’s smile brightened and the two walked into the auditorium and took their seats. Yoo Jung joined us a few minutes later, and the talent show soon started.

 

I recognized many of the people performing. There were two sisters, Jessica and Krystal, performing Tik Tok by Ke$ha. Yoo Jung’s boyfriend, Baekhyun, was performing with threee other people, Do Kyungsoo, Park Chanyeol and Joonmyun had joined them. The two had performed an original called Baby, Don’t Cry. The other performances flew by, and it was soon time for the final performance; Jongin and Taemin.

 

The two were also performing an original song, as no one could recognize the first few measures.

 

 

 

Since we had found seats near the front of the stage, Taemin’s eyes quickly found my own and smirked at me as he sang.

 

항상 예쁘게만 바르게만 보여도

세상 착하게만 여리게만 보여도

날 넘겨짚은 상상뿐일 걸 (Pretty Boy)

예쁜 남자 이럴 거다 말해도

분명 흐르듯이 따라갈 걸 말해도

난 네 머릿속 상상 밖일 걸 (Pretty Boy)

Pretty Boy Pretty Boy Pretty Boy

P R E double T Y Pretty Boy

 

I, too, smirked back him, as he continued his performance. They soon ended and I stood up, along with Joonmyun and Yoo Jung as we cheered for Jongin. As the MC came on in the end, I received a text from Minho, one of main organizers for the night. He had asked me if I could come back stage to help clean up. I agreed and told Joonmyun and Yoo Jung that I would meet them at the restaurant where we had a reservation for dinner.

 

I picked up my bag and made my way backstage to meet Minho, along with a few other students from our grade, and the performers. They were trying to clean up most of the make up from their faces and leaving as soon as possible, while others were waiting to hear the announcement of the winner. I stood by the exit, wanting to hear the winner when Minho called me.

 

“Hey Soomin, can you help Miyoung carry these boxes to the drama classroom?” he asked. I nodded and followed the girl with boxes in our hands. I couldn’t catch on as to who the winner was, but I heard the cheers of the audience. I shook my head and just thought to ask Yoo Jung at the restaurant. I made my way back stage again and almost all the people were gone.

 

“If you want,” I began, “you can leave and I’ll finish cleaning up and then ask the custodian to lock the door,” I suggested. The others hesitantly agreed and left me alone. I finished wiping the tables and threw out any dirty make up remover wipes that were left. I then called for a custodian and had him lock the door before I left. I then exited the school building and ran into someone.

 

“There you are,” a familiar voice said. I looked up only to see Taemin. “Where were you?”

 

“I was helping Minho and the others clean up backstage. Why are you here? You should be at the restaurant….”

 

“Joonmyun Hyung told me you were still here, so I decided to stay so you wouldn’t alone,”

 

“Ahh,” I spoke. There was an awkward pause, and then we started walking towards his car. I sat in the passenger and Taemin the engine.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask how my confession went?” he asked when we were at a red light.

 

“How was it?” I asked after a minute.

 

“Well, I sang her this song, and all she did was smirk at me. What does that mean?” he asked.

 

“Well with a song like that, and she smirked back, then I feel like that’s a sign she likes you,” I answer.

 

“Should I directly confess to her?”

 

“Now?” I question. I felt pang in my heart, as if someone threw a rock at it. He nods. “Sure,” I say, feeling another pang in my heart. Taemin pulled the car off to the side once the light turned green. He unbuckled his belt and exited the car, indicating me to follow. I followed him until he stopped somewhere far away from the car. “What are we doing - ” I started before I was cut off by something.

 

Taemin’s lips pressed against mine. My eyes widened in reaction, but I didn’t move or respond. He pulled away a few moments later and looked at me, eyes filled with hope.

 

“What the hell was that?!” I shout.

 

“You told me that if the girl I like smirked back at me after a song like that, then she probably likes me back, and I should confess to her now. So I did,” he says, casually as if he didn’t just take my first kiss away.

 

“You like - ” I stopped realizing what he was saying. “Yah, you don’t just kiss someone and call it a confession!” I shout, flustered and walk away from him, hoping the dark sky would hide my blushing cheeks. He ran up catching up with me and wrapped his arms around me to stop me from walking.

 

“Then how do I confess to you?” he playfully smiled.

 

“You say it with words, stupid idiot,” I mutter. “Not just randomly stealing first kisses,”

 

He chucked, his breath hitting against the back of my neck and I too joined in with him. “I stole your first kiss?”

 

“Shut up, you pretty boy,” I laughed, turning away from him.

 

“I’m your pretty boy, though,” he laughed, once again pressing his lips against my own, before interlocking our hands together.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

finished

july. 31. 2015.