P A R T T W O

Pretty Boy

P A R T   T W O

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The school day passed, but I couldn’t forget my conversation with Taemin from this morning. Yes, I know, girl has a conversation with her crush and she’s lost in her thoughts all day long, clliché.  But, can you really blame me?

 

I spent my entire afternoon trying to do my homework, but this morning’s conversation was still in my mind. I couldn’t concentrate, and soon, it was time for me to leave for Jongin’s for dinner. I washed my face and left a note for my parents so they would know where I was when they came home, but not that they mind as I was usually home alone most of the time.  I exited the house and locked the door, then turning towards the sidewalk for the five minute walk to my cousin’s house.  I was still in front of my house looking at my phone screen when I bumped into someone.  I looked up only to see the familiar face of none other than Lee Taemin.

 

“On your way to Jongin’s?” he asks. I nod my head and he nods back. We both walk quietly when he speaks up again.  “Do you really think I'm pretty?”

 

My face turns pink. “I was just babbling nonsense, nothing else,”

 

“Then why is your face all pink?” he said playfully, his face now only inches away from my own.

 

“Stop it,” I answer, pushing him away from in front of me and walk a little faster.

 

“Yah, Soomin wait for me!” he shouts. He runs up ahead next to me, matching my pace, and linked our hand together.  “Now you can’t leave until I let you go,” he said, a cheeky smile set on his face.

 

I shaked my head at him, but I had to admit that I may have liked the affection for the slightest moment. His hand was warm, and his grip was hard; not hard enough to hurt me, but hard enough to not let me go.  We finally arrived at Jongin’s and I admitted, I was slightly upset that we had to let go of each other's hands.

 

I took off my shoes and jacket, slipping into the house slippers that had been kept there for me.  I walk into the dining room, and saw the table filled with food. “Imo, what’s the occasion?” I ask my aunt.

 

“Joonmyun is coming home for a few days. I told Jongin to keep it as a surprise for you,” she answered, a bright smile on her face.

 

Kim Joonmyun. He was Jongin’s older brother and was currently dorming at Seoul University. I haven’t seen him in months and it made me happy knowing that I was going to see my beloved cousin tonight.  Just as I was about to sit down, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

 

“Oppa!” I break into a smile and turn around to properly hug my cousin. Jongin, who had heard my shouts, came into the room with Taemin behind him. “Hyung!” he, too, exclaimed, and joined me to hug his older brother.

 

Taemin, who had only known Jongin for 2 years, didn’t know Joonmyeon as well as Jongin and I did, and stood in the room awkwardly, looking at the three hugging figures.

 

“Who's’ that?” Joonmyun asked.

 

“Lee Taemin. He moved here 2 years ago, and he’s my best friend,” Kai answers.

 

“Are you close with him as well, Soomin?” Joonmyeon asked me.

 

“Me? I guess,” I shrug.

 

“They’re a lot closer than you would think, Hyung,” Kai says playfully, one arm around my shoulders, the other around Taemin.

 

“Are you two dating?” Joonmyun asks, a playful smile playing on his lips.

 

“Aniyo!” I exclaim. “I would never like  a person like him, let alone date him!” I defend myself, as my face turned warmer and pinker.

 

“But what if, I said that I like you?” Taemin answered, no hint or trace of playfulness to be found on his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated on: May 17th, 2015