Chapter4

Fate

Im really sorry for not updating for quite a while. Been very busy with life and lost my USB where I saved all my drafts. Anyway,this one's edited. I wrote this during my break so I dont have enough time to edit. Will appreciate your comments =)

 

Ahyoung woke up at around eight in the morning. She was a bit surprised when she saw an arm draped on her waist. She turned around and saw Jong still asleep. Ahyoung can’t help but smile as she stared at his fiancé. A naughty thought crossed her mind.  She gently leaned towards him and dropped a quick kiss on Jong’s cheek. She thought this will wake him up but he didn’t budge. She tried again but still no reaction. Ahyoung thought of another method to wake him up. She gently released the hand on her wait and sat up. She then sneakily aimed her hands on Jong’s side to tickle the sleeping man. However just as she was about to attack, Jong grabbed her arms, pull her towards him and pinned her on the bed.

“Is that a proper way of waking up your soon to be husband, Ahyoung-ah?” he asked with a sneaky grin on his face.

“But I already tried to wake you up with a kiss, Oppa! Or are you just pretending all along?”  Ahyoung retort with a pout.

“Yes. I woke up the first time you kissed me. I was trying to check what childish trick you’ll do.” Jong confirmed all the more teasing her.

“ Aisssh! Get off me, Oppa! Im mad at you. You’re playing tricks on me.”  She ordered.

“Say sorry first, princess. I’m not letting you go till you say so. Who’s playing tricks here?” Jong replied.

For some time, they just glare at each other, both not backing down.  After a couple of minutes, Ahyoung looked away and whispered.

“I’m  sorry, Oppa.”

Jong chuckled but still didn’t let go of her. “ I cannot hear you, Ahyoung-ah.”

Ahyoung puffed and uttered “I’m sorry, Oppa” a bit louder this time.

Jong get off her and kissed Ahyoung on the cheeks.

“Don’t sulk now, princess. We have a lot of things to do today. “He told her.

“Don’t call me that, Oppa. Iam not your princess. “ Ahyoung still sulking replied.

“But you requested that when we were still kids. Remember how you wouldn’t want to come down and eat because you thought I called your baby cousin, princess? And you made me promise that I can never call anyone that. “Jong teased.

“But that’s before. From now on, don’t call me that. I’m not a kid anymore.” Ahyoung insisted.

“Okay, then what should I call you now, baby, honey, darling?” Jong teased as he tried to make her smile.

“ Aissh, no use in talking to you. I’ll go ahead and take a shower. Make sure you’ll be ready when I finished so we can have breakfast.”   She ordered while getting off the bed.

After around fifteen minutes, Ahyoung came out of the shower neatly dressed – she decided to don a long knitted red blouse and leggings paired with boots. Jong has tidied the bed and took a shower after Ahyoung. He quickly dressed- matching his fiancé’s outfit. He wore white V neck shirt topped with red cardigan. He also chose a skinny jeans and ankle boots. Both were ready by half past nine and they head to the hotel’s restaurant for breakfast.

“Ahyoung-ah, what would you like to eat? I’ll get it for you.” Jong offered as they took a seat.

“Just a toast and fruits, Oppa.” Ahyoung replied.

“Are you sure, what about some bacon. We’ll be very busy touring the whole day.” Jong enquired.

“Its okay, Oppa. And some juice as well, please.” Ahyoung confirmed.

“Alright, then. Just wait here.” And Jong hurried to the buffet area.

Ahyoung busied herself by sending message to her parents and Jong’s. It’s still very early in the morning in Korea so she didn’t try calling them. Jong came back with their plates and quickly went back to the hall to get some drinks.

“What’s our plan for today Oppa?” Ahyoung asked as she munched on the fruits on her plate.

“Walk around, see Big Ben, ride the London Eye. After that we’ll go to the British Museum. In the afternoon we’ll go to Buckingham Palace. We’ll stroll around then we’ll have dinner at Shangri-La Hotel and then we’ll end the day in the Shards observatory.” Jong enumerated.

“Wow! This is gonna be a hectic day. “ Ahyoung exclaimed.

“Yes, that’s why I asked you to eat a lot. But don’t worry. I know how grumpy you are when you’re hungry so I won’t let that happen.” Jong teased.

“Make sure you make that happen, Oppa.” Ahyoung teased back.

The couple head out to their tour at around 10in the morning. They toured the city, taking lots of picture together and of each other. When they rode the London Eye, Ahyoung stayed on Jong’s side, hugging him tight as the ride goes up. Jong took a lot of picture, teasing the poor frightened lady. They had lunch at a French restaurant near Buckingham Palace and head to the British Museum. Since they finished a bit early they still had time to go back to the hotel and dress up for dinner. Before they left that morning, Jong already asked the concierge to have someone chauffeur them to and from Shangri-La. Both were ready half past six and they make it in time for their dinner.

“ Ahh.. This is really a lady’s dream date, Oppa.” Ahyoung whispered as they wait for their meal. She was mesmerized with the glamour and class of the hotel.

“Is this your dream date, Ahyoung?” Jong asked.

“You know that I’m not a snob and even a simple dinner with be fine. But since it’s from you, this is really a dream come true.” Ahyoung replied sincerely.

Jong just blushed and chuckled with Ahyoung’s reply. They enjoyed the scrumptious dinner and after that Jong advise her that they will go up to the observatory.

“ Daebak! Oppa, this is really beautiful! “ Ahyoung exclaimed as they reached the viewing deck. Jong just nodded and together they go around and explore the observatory.

They stayed there for almost an hour. Just before they leave, Jong guided Ahyoung in a corner.

“Ahyoung-ah, I have something to give you.” Jong whispered.

“A gift, Oppa? But this trip is yours and your parents’ gift right? “Ahyoung replied in surprise.

Jong just smiled and offered a robin blue box to Ahyoung. She just stared at the box so Jong gently pried it from her and open it. Ahyoung gasped as she saw what’s inside – an engagement ring.

“I’m not gonna ask you to set the wedding date soon. I just want to give this to you since you already graduated.  We will push thru with the wedding after I finish my military service. For now, if you are not allowed to wear this since you will soon be on training, I just want you to wear it as a pendant or keep it always with you.” Jong explained.

Ahyoung just nodded and offered her left hand to Jong.

“Thank you, Ahyoung-ah and I’m happy that you will soon be taking a step to your dream. “  Jong whispered as Ahyoung embraced him.

“I should be the one thanking you, Oppa. For always being there for me, you are my protector and my best friend. Thank you for supporting me in following my dream.” Ahyoung replied and she can’t help but shed happy tear.

“None of that, baby. No tears please. We should be celebrating. Should we head back to our hotel now? We have an early adventure again tomorrow.”  Jong asked.

“Sure, Oppa. Let’s go back now and rest.” Ahyoung replied and together they head back to the hotel holding hands.