Fate

Fate

Chapter1

Kim Ahyoung and Hong Jong Hyun are engaged. AhYoung’s family has chain of businesses- from hotels to shpping lines while Jong’s family is into advertising, multimedia and engineering.  The two families are very close, they live next to each other and event went on trips together.  Ahyoung and Jong were not a couple but both agreed into the marriage.  Though engagement hasn’t been announced to the public, their family agreed to have the engagement party as soon as Ahyoung graduates and will get married the year after.

Jong is in his 3rd year in the university and he is taking up engineering to prepare to take over their business as soon as he graduates, Ahyoung is a senior in middle school and will take up business course.   Normally Jong will pick up and send AhYoung home.

It’s now four in the afternoon and Jong and his friends were making their way to their car. His phone rang and was surprised when he saw the name of the caller.

“ Oppa, Im here outside. I’m waiting for you.” Ahyoung greeted with excitement.

“Ahyoung-ah, you’re in my school. I am supposed to pick you up right? Is there anything wrong?” Jong asked and rushed to the gate without even saying goodbye to his friends.

“The faculty will have a meeting so our last subject was cancelled. Come on now, Oppa.” Ahyoung explained.

Just as he reached the gate he saw Ahyoung sitting in a nearby bench. A group of guys were standing a few steps away while admiring the young lady. Jong hurriedly sat beside her and draped an arm on her shoulder.

“You could have waited for me in your school. I was already done with my subjects.”  Jong said to Ahyoung.

“Its okay, Oppa. It’s not that far anyway. And I have something to tell you. “ Ahyoung exclaimed.

“We can talk about it on the way home. Let’s go now.” And Jong stood up and offer his hand to Ahyoung.  The lady took it but she didn’t move making Jong stopped.

“Buy me ice cream, Oppa. Vanilla ice cream, please.” Ahyoung asked in a cute voice.

Jong just chuckled and nod. Ahyoung linked her arms in his and they started walking towards Jong’s car.  He looked back to the group of guys admiring her fiancé and made sure to leave them with cold stare.

“Oppa, something happen in our school today. You won’t believe it!” Ahyoung narrates in excitement as soon as Jong Hyun handed her the cup of vanilla ice cream and took his seat. They are now in an ice cream parlor just a few blocks away from the university.

“Finish your ice cream first  Ahyoungie. It’s not good when melted.” Jong ordered and watched as Ahyoung wolfed down the ice cream. She tried consuming it as fast as she could that some of the ice cream already smeared on the side of her lips. Jong gently wiped it with his own finger and uttered.

“Slow down, baby. We have all the time. “

“I’m done, Oppa. “ Ahyoung replied as she took the last spoonful of ice cream.

“Go ahead, princess. What do you want to tell me?”  Jong answered.

“Oppa, a talent manager went to our school earlier. He asked if I wanted to be a member of a girl group they’re forming.  Some of us auditioned and they chose me and Minah.”  Ahyoung told with excitement.

“Oh! That’s really good news. But princess, do you think your Mom and Dad will allow you? Remember that you’ll be going to the university next year.” Jong asked.

“I really want to try this, Oppa. I want to perform and be part of the entertainment industry. It’s been my dream, Oppa. Can you help me persuade Omma and Appa?” Ahyoung rebuts.

“Princess, I myself is really not convinced that you should accept it.  It will be too hard for you and you will live way from us. You might not attend college as well. “ Jong tried to  discourage her.

“I know it’s not gonna be easy but I’ll do my best. You guys can visit me in the dorm and I’ll come home during my free days.  Please, oppa help me. Let’s talk to Mom and Dad.”  Ahyoung pleaded- her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Jong observed her carefully and he can sense that it’s really something that Ahyoung wants. Even when they were little, Ahyoung would perform during their family gathering. And he knew that if she will be allowed to accept the offer, she will be very happy.

Jong reached for Ahyoung’s hand and gently squeezed it.

“Alright, I’ll help you. But if Mom and Dad will not agree, promise me that you will obey. They still know what’s best, okay.”

Ahyoung nodded and both stood up and left for home.

Since it’s still a bit early, Jong helped Ahyoung with her lessons while waiting for her parents. At around seven in the evening the parents arrived and called them for dinner

“Jonghyun-ah, I’m really happy that you are helping our baby with her lessons.  How’s university life anyway.”  Mr Kim asked.

“I’m doing well, Dad. One more year and I will graduate. “Jong replied bashfully. Ever since the engagement they both call each other’s parent as Mom and Dad.

“Well, your Dad can then retire. It’s about time that they go on trips and let you run the business. But for us, until Ahyoungie take over then we have to still manage.” Mr. Kim added.

“Don’t worry, Dad. I will help out as well. “Jong assured the elder. He took a glance at Ahyoung who was just bowed down and focused on eating.

“Princess, you are so lucky to have Jong as your husband. “ Mrs Kim blurted.

“But he’s lucky to have me as well, right? Oppa.” Ahyoung retort.

“Of course, Ahyoung-ah.” Jong replied with a chuckle.

As soon as they finished dinner, they head out to the living room to chat before Jong Hyun went home. Fruits were being served when Jong broke the silence.

“Mom, Dad, we have something to tell you.”

“Don’t tell me you’re pregnant- Ahyoung-ah? You are engaged but it’s not proper to have a baby yet.” Mrs Kim butted in.

“No, Omma” the young ones denied.

“Then what it is then?” Mr. Kim asked.

“ Omma, Appa, I was scouted by a talent manager earlier. They want me to join a girl group.” Ahyoung informed her parents.

“What? What about school? And your engagement? Idol cannot get married right?” Mrs. Kim ranted.

“I will finish school but will not enter university for the meantime, Mom. Regarding my engagement with Oppa, we still have a few years away from it. Oppa even has to go to military service. “Ahyoung tried to explain everything.

“AhYoung-ah, we want you to run the business. Who’s going to handle it if you’re going to be an idol?” Mr.Kim asked.

“But Oppa, this is my dream. I want to perform and be an idol. I will go back to study but can you not allow me this time?” Ahyoung asked while fighting her tears from falling.

“ Ahyoung-ah , we love you and we want you to be happy. But what you’re asking is a bit hard for us. “Mrs. Kim replied.

Ahyoung’s hope crushed and can’t help but cry. Jong pulled her in his arms and let her weep.

“Mom, Dad, we know it’s not gonna be easy for all of us yet we want Ahyoung to be happy. If I can just asked a favor, if you can think it over before finally deciding on this?”  Jong tried to mediate.

The elder couple nod and Jong  thank them. He then asked if its okay to just send AhYoung to her room. The parents agreed so with his arms on her waist he lead Ahyoung to her room.

“ Ahyoung-ah, remember our agreement earlier?” Jong softly asked as she gently run his hands on Ahyoung’s hair who was laying down on her side.

“Yes, Oppa. “  Ahyoung replied still in tears.

“ Let them discuss this between themselves. I know Mom and Dad will understand you.But always keep an open mind and don’t hate them if their decision is not what you expect, okay.” Jong enlighten her.

Ahyoung just nodded. Jong embraced her and dropped a kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll go home now princess. Stop crying, wash up and go to sleep. I’ll fetch you tomorrow.”

“Thank you, Oppa. See you tomorrow.”  Ahyoung bid goodnight.