Prologue

The Bodyguard

This is where the story begins..

Minho is sitting on LAX or Los Angeles International Airport, he's staring at the departed plane schedule and then shifted his stare to the ticket on his hand. He knew he should be going yesterday, but he changed the ticket.

His phone is ringing,

''Yeah, I can’t run away this time, now I’m waiting for the plane.'' he said as then he laughs a little after a pause, ''And many things awaits for me back there.''

He talked for about 2 minutes, as then he said, ''Of course I’m gonna miss you too.''

The speaker announces and he gets up, ''This is it.. I have to go now. Take care.. yes, dont forget to call me when you visit Seoul. Bye..''

He closed his phone and sighed. No, it's not because he's a cold person. But it's because he is perfectly aware of this day to be finally happened. When his Grandfather talked about this 10 years ago, he didn’t really think too much, but as he grew up, he become more aware and just accept it as one thing he should. Although he sometimes wonders, how fast all these years go by, now he only got one more year left to have the freedom he had been offered from his Grandfather.

He dials a number, after someone answered on the other side, ''It’s good to hear from you, brother.'' He laughs, ''I believed your father already informed you, eh? How?'' as he nodded to himself, he said, “I see.. as usual, you never failed.'' then before he hang up, ''Thanks.. you know I owed you so many things. Remind me to pay you back..''

Then he turned around, staring to memorize everything in this city for the last time. Along with everything and everyone in it.. Before he move and walk to catch his plane that will bring him to his future. Or at least he hope so.

----------------------

Jihyun walked with a small luggage on her hand. She just sighed, why does she have to be back for her sister's wedding day? Her mother knew that she's kinda busy these days. And her brother, Jonghyun Oppa, where the hell is he? Why didn’t he also coming home with her?

Right now, she was standing in front of the boarding area on LAX, Los Angeles International Airport. In less than an hour, the plane will take her to the city where she was born.

Last time she went there, it's around a year ago, just for a short holiday. Not that she hates Korea, she's a Korean, for God's sake, but it's just.. over there, she doesn’t really know anyone else than her family, well, some of her friends from junior highschool, but that's it. She also doesn’t really know many places. Things more familiar in here, in L.A as she lived here in years now.

'Well, it's not really my wish to live outside Seoul in the first place, so don’t blame me for this.' She said stubbornly about her thoughts. But then she wonders, 'what actually mother wants from me, since she seems really eager to see me in Jooyeon Eonnie’s wedding? I even absent on Jaejoong Oppa’s..'

Tried to ignore her sudden thought, she joined the line to get into the boarding room. She puts on her earphone, as usual when she travels alone. Looking around, and she was thinking that the plane wasnt really crowded.

Then something came up in her mind, but then she shook her head up. 'Stupid, stop thinking about him.' she told herself. Although a minute later, 'But.. maybe I should call him after I’m arrive in Seoul later.'

As the airport staff told her to put all her belongings to the x-ray machine, she just nodded and follows the instruction as usual.

She's humming when she took her luggage and pretty hand bag, didnt care about everything around her as she listening to the song from her ipod, doesn’t really aware about what awaits her on her destinations. And not knowing that someone.. who's linger to her future was actually just a couple steps behind her.

---------------------

Minho walked into the line of the boarding room when his cellphone received a picture message.

He opens it and saw the picture, a four leaves clover inside a small tube.

'You know how important this charm for me, so i just gonna give you the picture of it. let the luck always be with you.'

The message from his beloved one says that, as then he just laughs.

“Babo.'' he said in his mother language. ''I’m the one who taught you about four-leaves clover.''

---------------------

Jihyun sat on the corner as she saw that the last person on the line came inside the room. She doesn’t really pay attention because now she's reading a novel. She actually didn’t know why she read it, but suddenly, as she's going to go to her hometown, she remembered that her late grandfather gave that novel for her, a while before he passed away.

‘I love the soft bread that he made by himself for breakfast when I’m just a little girl. I missed you so much, Harabeoji..'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, the story begins long long time ago before that moment. And it happens when Minho and Jihyun didnt really remember about it.

A wise-looking man walked into a traditional Korean house with his beloved son, daughter-in-law and only grandson. Behind him, there's a group of man, following them.

On the entrance, there's a couple that greeted them, ''Long time no see, sir. Father already waited for you inside..''

So then the man walked into the place, where a good friend of him waited there as he's laughing to the baby in his arms.

''Ah, welcome.. welcome. it's been a long time, isnt it?''

The man nodded, “My friend..''

His friend laughs, “It’s an honor, to have such an important person comes to my house. So.. where's your grandson?''

The man proudly called out for the 3 years old boy, who wasnt born in his own country, ''My boy, come here.''

The boy innocently walked inside the room, when the friend of his grandfather smiled at him, ''He surely looks just like the son of Choi.''

''Yes, and as my only grandson, I really have high expectations on him.''

Before his friend can say anything, the older man was laughing, because his youngest granddaughter, who was just turned to 6-months old yesterday, suddenly do something quite amusing.

The baby picks a clover and then throws it politely to the little boy in front of him.

So the President of South Korean says to his friend, ''It seems that your youngest one just made my grandson into the luckiest young man in our nation.''

Then the friend replied, ''She's my grandchild but she got a pair of good eyes to judge, just like her grandmother.'' as then the two good friends are laughing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------