Conquerer

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

            I rolled my eyes as I looked at the man before me.  It was Jake, and he was asking me to help him get back together with Tiffany.  Tiffany had sent him the divorce papers, and he was acting desperate.  This man had been suspended from the police station because of the assault charges Tiffany had put against him.  He was obviously desperate, and he thought that Tiffany would come crawling back to him.

            “Dr. Im,” he begged, “I love her.  I love her so much.  Will you at least tell her to call me?”

            I shook my head, “Jake, you are not good for her.  Why would I even help you?  You threw me against the wall the last time I saw you.”

            “I’m sorry,” he quickly apologized, “I lost my temper.”

            “What are you going to do to my friend when you lose your temper around her again?” I sighed, “Jake, I know you have good intentions, but you don’t belong with Tiffany.  You hurt her too much—physically and emotionally.  You’re not what she wants or needs.  I’m sorry, but it’s the truth.”

            “We’ve been married for years,” he firmly informed me.

            “Yes, I know that,” I nodded, “Those few years had been hell for her.  She was good at hiding it because of all that makeup and because of her belief that you actually did care for her, but she’s not hiding anymore.  She doesn’t need you in her life, Jake.  Please.  Just accept it, and move on.”

            He looked at me with this rage in his eyes, and I could tell he was about to lose it.  He threw a metal tray in my direction, and it hit my abdomen.  I grunted in pain as I looked up at the dangerous man.  I backed up a little and yelled at a nurse passing by to call security right away.  I knew he was going to attack me more severely, so I quickly made a run for it.  Just as expected, he was chasing me down the hall.  I bet he wanted to strangle me for trying to break reality to him.  Adrenaline was running through my veins as I quickened my pace.

            This man was a suspended cop.  He had physical training obviously, so he could easily outrun me without even trying.  I tried to hurry up my pace until I bumped into someone.  I almost fell to the floor, but I caught my balance and looked up to see who I had bumped into.

            I saw Taecyeon towering over me as he looked at the situation.  He saw Jake running towards me while he slowly came to a halt.  Taecyeon signaled for me to get behind him as Taecyeon glared at Jake.  I bet Tiffany had told Taecyeon about all the horrific stories about Jake.  Tiffany told me that he was a pretty horrible person; he beat her, carefully avoiding her face so she wouldn’t attract suspicion at work, because a group of men were looking at her during a party.

            “What are you doing here again?” Taecyeon asked.

            I carefully hid behind Taecyeon as if he was my human shield while I watched the look on Jake’s face.  Veins were popping out of his forehead, and his skin was slowly turning red.  I had never seen a man looked so enraged. 

            “Tiffany,” he growled, “I need Tiffany.”

            “She’s not going to return to you,” Taecyeon said in a calm tone, “She’s moved on.”

            He began to laugh like a maniac as he threw his head back.  The smile on his face was sarcastic and terrifying.  He tilted his head to the side as he untightened his tensed jaw.  I wondered how Tiffany fell in love with a man like him.

            He said, “I know what it is.  She’s moved on, and that means that you’re with her now, right?”

            “What are you talking about?” I asked in disbelief.

            “You’re the little who influenced her!” Jake pointed at me, “It’s all your fault.  You’re the woman who changed her, and you’re the man who’s stealing her.”

            He was pointing at Taecyeon before he put his hand down.  I saw a sinister smirk appear on his face as the security personnel appeared and held him back.  Seunghyun appeared along with Tiffany and a few other doctors to see what the hell was happening.  They saw me behind Taecyeon as Taecyeon watched Jake being taken away forcefully by security.

            “You two are going to regret this.  You will regret it all,” he promised.

___________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            I couldn’t help but be jealous.  I saw Taecyeon protecting Yoona from Jake, and I got jealous.  I just couldn’t shake it off because I knew that she should’ve been with me instead.  It had only been a few days since she ended things with me, and I was trying my best to keep it together.  I felt like a mess on the inside, but I had to keep it together.  I was a father, and I was a doctor.  I had to save lives on a daily basis, and I wasn’t going to do it effectively if I was lingering on the thought of getting back together with Yoona.

            “Dr. Choi, did you get the scans from the patient in room 2310?” Taecyeon asked me.

            Why was I jealous of my own half-brother?  Whoa, did I just think that?  I shook away my thoughts.  No one knew that he was my half-brother.  They all thought that he was my cousin, and if word got out that he was my brother, things back in Korea would be more hectic.  I could already picture the journalists crowding my siblings asking about how my father, the former president of South Korea until his death, had an illegitimate son.

            “Yeah, I already did,” I said in a flat tone.

            He noticed the uneasiness in my voice and sighed loudly.

            “I really wish we were closer,” he finally told me.

            I thought he hated my guts.  I was a brat to him when we were children, and we grew up on this stupid rivalry.  I was my father’s only son in the eyes of millions, and he made it obvious that I was the favorite.  That was why everyone was so surprised to know that I decided to go into medicine instead of politics.  Taecyeon watched his own father love me as if I was his only son. 

            “What?” I asked.

            He told me, “If we were closer, you would admit to me that you miss Yoona, and you had a pang of jealousy when you saw her behind me when Jake was here.”

            “What?” I repeated.

            I tried to laugh it off, but it just sounded awkward.  Taecyeon buried his hands into his pockets and took another sigh.  An amused grin appeared on his face that taunted me.  It felt like he was my older brother teasing me because of a crush I had—which was a little ironic because he was technically my older brother.

            “Listen,” he requested, “Yoona is a very special woman.  She’s smart, loving, caring, bright, and magnificent.”

            I scoffed, “I already knew that.”

            Did he forget I was married with her?  Did he also forget that we had a daughter together?

            Maybe that was why he liked her.  I knew he did.  He liked her, and he was probably plotting on how to steal her from me.  The best way to get back at me for all those years of torture was to take the woman I loved from me.

            “You’re probably thinking that I like her and that I’m trying to whisk her away from you,” he muttered.

            Well, wasn’t he a mind reader.

            He continued, “That’s not true.  There was a phase I went through years ago when you two were married years ago that I thought I liked her, but I knew it would never work, so I only wanted to be friends with her.”

            “Why didn’t you go through with it?  I was gone for four years.  She was all yours for the taking,” I wondered.

            “I didn’t want to try,” he repeated, “I only wanted to be her friend.”

            “Why?” I inquired.

            He stared at me with a blank expression, “Seunghyun, I am not that type of guy who takes advantage of a woman like that.  I knew that she would never like me, so what was the point of forcing it?  Besides, she was still in love with you even after that messy divorce.”

            I stared in shock.  Yoona always portrayed herself as the independent type.  She was the type who didn’t need anyone for approval or support.  She knew how to survive in this cold world, and it was a shock to know that another person saw that she still loved me after all those obstacles.

            “There was no chance of her loving me,” he cleared up, “And besides, why would I do that to you?  You’re my brother.”

            This was probably the first time we had a brotherly moment.  Did those things even exist?  I didn’t know what to do, so I just stood there awkwardly.  I knew that Taecyeon had good intentions, and he wanted the best for me.

            “If I were you, I would stop worrying about who would try to steal her away, and just start focusing on how to get her back.  She’s so in love with you, and she just feels that you don’t see her as someone important in your life,” Taecyeon advised, “Besides, I would never try anything with her.  If it wasn’t obvious, I’m starting to fall for Tiffany, but I don’t think you noticed.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

            I was in an empty room because I had just finished meeting up with a patient.  The patient had a little cut, and I quickly patched him up because Young Bae was pretty busy in the pit.  I had finished all of my assigned surgeries, and I figured that I could help one of my closest friends. 

            I began to throw away the syringe that I used on the patient in the correct trash bin until I saw the door open.  I watched Yoona make her way into the room with her hand on her abdomen.  My eyes grew wide with concern as I saw the look on her face.

            “Let me help,” I immediately offered.

            “I’ll…I can go somewhere else,” she swallowed.

            I insisted, “No.  Let me help.”

            My presence must have affected her.  She sat up straight and put her arms to her side.  She was acting like she wasn’t hurt.  I made my way to her like it was my first instinct and rolled my eyes.  It was always her worst habit to act strong when she was hurting.  I put my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter