Mine

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

            “Yup, she’s yours,” Jessica sighed.

            I looked at the blood work report.  They had done a maternity test to make sure that Violet was really mine, and it was an absolute shock to see that she really was mine.  I watched everything carefully.  From when they swabbed to the point where the technician delivered the DNA to the lab, I watched it all so carefully.  I wasn’t in the mood for the clichéd mix-ups, just like how I was separated from her.  I knew that there was a malpractice brewing.  The doctor who worked on me when I was going into labor told me that I had a stillborn child.  I was informed incorrectly, and I wanted to get to the bottom of it all. 

            “This is ing crazy,” I mumbled.

            Jessica looked at me with surprise; she knew that I only cussed when I was either confused or angry, which was very rare.  I had learned to keep my emotions at a neutral level.  I was still in awe to know that Violet was my daughter.  She was mine for goodness sake!  I breathed out slowly as I let my mind absorb all the information.

            I didn’t even know anything about being a mother.  Yes, I’ve read all the baby books, but that information was now irrelevant.  My daughter was now four years old, and I hardly knew anything about her.  I wanted to be angry with Seunghyun, but I couldn’t.  His body was who knows where, and I had to break it to my own daughter that her father was now gone. 

            Violet was down in the daycare on the bottom floor made especially for the children of the surgeons and nurses working the floor.  Before I had left, she had assured me that she was going to be just fine, and I went to see the results.  There was a knock on the door, and I looked at who it was.  I felt a wave of shock fill my body as I stared with wide eyes.

            The woman didn’t bother to wait for me to open the door.  She opened the door herself and entered the room.  Jessica realized that it was a private matter and quickly excused herself so that I could speak to this woman privately.

            In front of me was Seunghyun’s older sister, Narsha.  Narsha looked disturbed and out of her nature.  Her pantsuit was a bit wrinkled, and her hair wasn’t perfect like it usually was.  It was as if she had not slept in days.

            “I suppose you know about everything now,” Narsha said quietly, “I suppose you know all about my brother’s secret.”

            I nodded, “I know about the deception that you and your brother had committed.  I had missed out on my daughter’s life because of you and Seunghyun.”

            “You were never supposed to know,” her voice broke, “Bom…she ing messed up.  She messed up by bringing Violet to you.  She was a coward.  She didn’t want Violet if Seunghyun wasn’t in the picture.”

            “Her cowardice was my blessing.  Because of her, I found out about my daughter.  You took away your niece’s chance of having a mother!  How dare you!  That was not your right, and I will never forgive you and your brother!” I exclaimed.

            I had slammed a clipboard on the desk and glared at the woman before me.  I knew why she came.  She wanted to take Violet back to Korea, but there was no way in hell I was going to let that happen.  I would rather die than let her take my daughter away from me again.  She would have to take Violet away from my bloody hands if she wanted her back.

            “She belongs in Korea,” Narsha whispered with desperation.

            “She belongs with her mother,” I clarified.

            Narsha insisted, “She’s going to look for her father.  She’s going to miss her aunties.  She’s going to look for us, and you’re not going to be able to be there for her.”

            “What makes you say that?” I rolled my eyes.

            “You love your career more than anything,” Narsha inhaled, “That includes your own daughter.”

            I could not believe this woman before me.  She was speaking to me with desperation, but she didn’t make any sense.  She didn’t know me.  She didn’t know all the heartbreak that I had experienced over my life.  Yes, I did care about my career, but it wasn’t everything—not anymore.

            “I will always love Violet,” I told her, “No matter what you say or do, I will not give her up.  I had spent many endless nights crying and wishing that I had the child I had carried inside of me in my arms.  You don’t get to take her away from me again.  She’s mine.  Violet is mine.”

_______________

3rd Person POV

            Taecyeon sighed as he looked into the microscope.  He was doing some research on the Alzheimer’s disease hoping that he could find a remedy to the disease.  He was close, but he had met many failures on the way.  He breathed out in frustration as he tore his face away from the microscope and leaned back on his chair.

            “Mister?” he heard a young voice.

            He looked at the doorway to see a little girl.  At first, he was in utter shock.  He didn’t know what to say because the child looked exactly like Yoona.  Violet had her hair in two pigtails, and she was wearing a denim pair of overalls.  Her eyes were pure, and she had a shy smile on her face.

            “H-How can I help you?” Taecyeon managed to say.

            Violet asked, “Have you seen my mommy?  I’m tired, and I want to go home.”

            “Who’s your mother?” he questioned.

            “Violet!” Yoona breathed out.

            Taecyeon watched Yoona run up to the child and pick her up in her arms.  Violet wrapped her arm around her mother’s neck and quickly pecked her mother on the cheek.  Taecyeon’s jaw dropped after seeing the sight before him as Yoona gave him a weak smile.

            Their relationship had become complicated ever since the divorce between Yoona and Taecyeon.  Taecyeon was always there for her, but he started to fall deeper and deeper in love for her.  He knew that she would never see him as more than a friend, so he decided to keep their relationship on a platonic level.  He would rather have her as a friend than have her disappear from his life completely.

            “Taec,” Yoona sighed deeply, “Come over for dinner.  Violet and I would love to have you over.  You need to meet your niece.”

_______

            The plates were now empty, and Violet was sleeping soundly on the sofa.  Yoona grabbed the stack of dirty dishes as Taecyeon took the dirty utensils and put them in the sink.  Yoona breathed out and looked at Taecyeon.  Taecyeon and Violet had gotten along just fine, and Violet seemed more than excited to know that she had an uncle.  She questioned why her aunties never told her that she had an uncle, and Yoona didn’t really have an answer.  Narsha knew that Violet had an aunt and uncle in California.  Sooyoung and Taecyeon had no idea Violet even existed.

            “She looks exactly like you, but I can see so many traits that she shares with her father,” Taecyeon stated, “How are you dealing with all this?”

            “I’m still in shock,” Yoona admitted, “I had wished and prayed for a life where my child was still alive, and I feel absolutely blessed to see that it came true.  I’m still terrified—terrified that I won’t be a good mother, but I’m going to try my hardest to be the best mother I can for her.”

            “You’re going to be a fantastic mother,” Taecyeon assured her, “You do so well with your patients.  That’s something that even I can’t do.  In fact, that’s the very reason why you became the head of pediatric surgery.  You should be very proud of that trait.”

_________________

Yoona’s POV

“Who was that woman the neighbor was with?” Violet innocently asked.

            I was speechless at first as I closed the door behind me.  I had just picked up Violet from school, and she saw one of our neighbors take home yet another woman.  I didn’t want to tell her that he was going through yet another one-night stand.  She wasn’t mature enough to process that information. 

            “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter